Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the review and photos riddick :rock

All I ask though is that you never compare anything Iron Man to the Twilight movies ever again, that was painful to read :lol

PICT1114.jpg

Wow! I never realized just how bad that head was until now. Night and Day! Glad to have the new one coming now!

That is the scary thing isn't it? I mean when they improve that much in just, what, two years? What is the Iron Man 3 or Avengers sculpt going to look like!?! :google

This gives me high hopes about a new fantastic Jack Sparrow though!

If you go back another two years the old mkIII head looks amazing in comparison to some of that stuff.

You have to wonder where Hot Toys goes from here. When the Mark III first came out, it looked damn good.

It still does (but not the headsculpt of course). The Mark IV looks a lot better not only because HT improved their technique, but also because the Mark IV armor as a whole is more aesthetically pleasing.

I agree, the mkIV armor is a more attractive design than the III. In particular the legs are a vast improvement.

Also I don't get the part of the instruction that says you have to pull up on the waist to move him?

It still does (but not the headsculpt of course). The Mark IV looks a lot better not only because HT improved their technique, but also because the Mark IV armor as a whole is more aesthetically pleasing.

Really? Ive always liked the Mk III alot better. Particularly I dont like how skinny the arms and ankles are on the MK IV. It throws the whole look off, especially when the shoulder armor has been made alot smaller. Without the big arms and shoulders you lose that heroic "upsidedown triangle" look to the upper body and instead have a skinny guy with a barrel chest and thunder thighs.

While it doesn't look all that bad on the hot toys figure due to some reproportioning, some shots of the movie suit just look wierd.

imd3.jpg

imd2.jpg

yeah Whippy is stiff cause I had no time to pose him , no time to do anything these days :( this I barely managed and I gotto jet now too :p

Too make our lives more stressfull, why else....and I wouldn't want it any other way.....i'm having 3 cups of coffee before installing mine :lol

I will be doing the opposite......I will light some candles....meditate and put on some Sade before installing mine....

is that the BD mark 3 geil?

cant believe the inner rubber torso of mine has turned into pink :(

Even though I put it behind glass display and no sunlight at all in the room.

Really? Ive always liked the Mk III alot better. Particularly I dont like how skinny the arms and ankles are on the MK IV. It throws the whole look off, especially when the shoulder armor has been made alot smaller. Without the big arms and shoulders you lose that heroic "upsidedown triangle" look to the upper body and instead have a skinny guy with a barrel chest and thunder thighs.

While it doesn't look all that bad on the hot toys figure due to some reproportioning, some shots of the movie suit just look wierd.

The IV has much more natural body proportions. To me the II/III looks awkward and weird with the uniformly narrow legs, the wide shoulders, and very narrow waist. I really noticed the differences watching IM2 again during the scene between Rhodey and Stark fighting in the IV and II respectively. With the mask flipped up even in the film the actor's face looks very weird stuck on that body, where it works well on the mkIV.

The IV/VI share a lot of anatomical parity with the human body where as the II/III does not at all except for parts of the torso.

Back