Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So he's taller and slightly slimmer on the chest? That's interesting.

Doesn't seem that much of an issue though.

IMO many of the differences are subtle but the articulated abdomen, movable fingers and 'fly stand' make this leaps and bounds better than any Mark III.

IMO many of the differences are subtle but the articulated abdomen, movable fingers and 'fly stand' make this leaps and bounds better than any Mark III.

Someone please check and confirm but I believe his legs also spread open wider than III.

He's got the same articulation as Traci Lords :lol

:( Guess I'm dropping this figure from consideration. Pay gets cut next week.

I'm forced to admit I only want him because he looks cool and well..because of other people's hype. I've never really been a big Iron Man fan specifically. I was aiming to get the best possible figure of key superheroes but...oh well.

Well, out of my recent Hot Toys purchases(Chris Taylor,Royce,Landa,Beserker,Ezio)..this figure is the cherry on top, and i am not even really a big fan of Iron Man..the engineering and scaled parts on this figure is insane, this could almost pass as a DX.

Some new pics from toyworld forum:
dsc0174si.jpg

dsc0229m.jpg

dsc0220a.jpg

Headsculp detail
dsc0173wn.jpg

dsc0176q.jpg

dsc0180p.jpg

This pic looks UNREAL!!:horror
dsc0203s.jpg

Credits:vanhelsing67

So did they actually change the sculpt of the figure? The in-hand pics look leaps and bounds better than the promo pics proportion wise. The promo pics look too lanky, especially in the legs.

Hmm. I think its boardie Eamon who keeps pointing out Hot Toys tendency to do every human figure's eye with some white visible below the iris - which never happens on a real human eye unless we fix our stare on something straight ahead and lower our heads. If we're just looking straight ahead with our head upright the white of the eye is only visible either side of the iris.

Its not a major deal, you only really see it in the extreme face closeup pictures, but I wonder isn't Hot Toys aware that..it isn't quite right.

Hmm. I think its boardie Eamon who keeps pointing out Hot Toys tendency to do every human figure's eye with some white visible below the iris - which never happens on a real human eye unless we fix our stare on something straight ahead and lower our heads. If we're just looking straight ahead with our head upright the white of the eye is only visible either side of the iris.

Its not a major deal, you only really see it in the extreme face closeup pictures, but I wonder isn't Hot Toys aware that..it isn't quite right.
Off center (top iris under the top lids) on HT head is what make HT fig more life-like....dead on 100% of the iris showing on Enterbay figures (lately) makes them more "dead-like"

The Iris on HT's should be bigger... but a "little white" showing under the eye is normal (for Iris that are not 100% dead centre)

on Tony... you can see the pupil is 1/3-1/4 to the top of his eye... not dead center (1/2)
dsc0176q.jpg

Agree. When the eyes are perfectly centered it just looks like they're starring off into space and not actually looking at anything.

100% agree bro! :lecture

With that little "trick" HT figures have more natural and live facial expression than others..

I looked at all of my figures and from what I can tell they all have the white under the eye except Whiplash. And he has that lost look in his eyes, so you guys may be on to something.

Hmmm, maybe. It could kinda suggest that he has just moved his eyes and is thus 'alive' as compared to a figure staring blankly ahead.

Guys Im not sure if this is the right place for this.....but, Im still waiting on my new IM and I want to use the Stark Head for a Hot Toys body. Is the narrow shoulder version the best for this dude? Any help would be appreciated. Ta:thud:

Can ANYONE help me out here??

Do people still think that a statue is better then a "toy"?

I've been polystone free x 1.5 years :rock

Poseable figures need only apply, preferably HT.

Grant it that my ex-Marvel polystone PF statues when placed together used to get more "Ooze and Ahs" from visitors than my HT do but it's not about what they think, It's about which I enjoy the most.

Besides, it's wife approved, she says articulation is better than just stiff.

I also prefer the smaller box wifey has to deal with.

Last edited:
Back