Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised this hasn't been released yet. Lately the day that "backstage photos" are posted and release of the figure have been one in the same.

I can see that the photo of JC painted HS is tilted down a whereas the other is more straight on and thats pretty much all I can see that is different as everything else is related to the tilt like the proportions of the jaw. Can it be just those few degrees and lighting that makes the sculpt look? JC does seem to train the staff in the factories and it could be lighting that makes the promoshots look pale. Is there something else cause this boarders on black magic to me why one is RDJ and the other is not!@? :panic:

BTW
Sorry but need to spread this info to find the right Freak here... nobody here is a Canadian living in BC???
Ikea Dioder for $20!!!

Im a Canadian living in BC :)

You lucky SOB go get yourself some cheap Dioder LEDs!!!!! though I am not sure how far away the Coquitlam location from Vancouver is though. I think McNeely is going try to get me some but to be safe email me before you go please :p

Definitely the main problems of this sculpt - eyes and hair.
Simply replaced them with original ones and here what happened:

41e2a507.jpg

And HERE you can see all other bugs (small and not much):
1) nose are too long;
2) eyes are not only too small but deep-set;
3) egg-shape of the head, too stretched (look at his forehead).

685656757575.jpg

But despite that in certain angles it's definitely RDJ!
Even if I did't like the sculpt (lol hellno, I love dis)...
Nothing can stop me from purchasing of MIV-armor, coz IT'S FREAKIN FANTASTICLY AWESOME :yess: :clap

Great mod there, Riddick. You can see that the nose, mouth, ears, etc. are just fine from straight on after your doing that. Eyes are really the biggest issue.

And HERE you can see all other bugs (small and not much):
1) nose are too long;
2) eyes are not only too small but deep-set;
3) egg-shape of the head, too stretched (look at his forehead).

685656757575.jpg

But despite that in certain angles it's definitely RDJ!
Even if I did't like the sculpt (lol hellno, I love dis)...
Nothing can stop me from purchasing of MIV-armor, coz IT'S FREAKIN FANTASTICLY AWESOME :yess: :clap

Actually in your own comparison shot one can see that the position of the eyes varies depending on the angle of the shot, same can almost be said about the length of the nose as well so the difference is not as extreme as comparing to the left picture vs the right

position of the eyes varies depending on the angle of the shot, same can almost be said about the length of the nose as well so the difference is not as extreme as comparing to the left picture vs the right

Yep, I know :nana::monkey3

You probably know that it's impossible to pick the perfect angle and lighting for comparison :monkey2
And you always have to make allowances for these factors.

Nose definitely looks too long, but it doesn't mean that this is due to its length.
I think that this effect created by two factors: 1) deep-set nostrils, 2) a high nose bridge (because of the irregular shape of the head).

Because of that reason I would probably only compare it with the right picture and in that the eyes are positioned relatively well. The nose is a little too pointy on HT but I consider it to be decent. I realized when we compared HT John Conner with Bale that the nose can be quite wrong and it would not impact the resemblance much when you cannot do side by side comparison. The key are definitely the eyes.
For me it is good enough and a great sculpt if I can recognize the actor and be convinced that it is a good sculpt without side by side comparison. Side by side comparison like in this case is great tool to try to figure out why a sculpt just seem off enough, that you cannot see the resemblance.

I have a feeling this will be out by the end of the week...If i'm not mistaken Hot Toys have been releasing 2 figures a week lately, and seeing as we have gotten Chris Taylor so far this week...I'm guessing Iron Man Mark IV is next on their agenda... Just a hunch though!

Bloody hell, Toys2 is done taking pre-orders!

Keep checking their website daily. I'm sure they will have more available for order soon. They were sold out on the T800 before I had a chance to order and then a few days later they had them again (in the end I got one). That happens often with them.

PS: There were only 2 Mark IV left when I order... sorry :monkey3

Back