Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That, my friend, I call "the destructive influence of accessories from HTs figures" :slap:lol

That's a good point though you'd think they'd include more than one. Maybe even one with a bite out of it for specialized poses. Imagine the face of the guys serving him "Holy crap it's Iron Man! What a cheapskate. All that money and he only bought ONE donut."

That's a good point though you'd think they'd include more than one. Maybe even one with a bite out of it for specialized poses. Imagine the face of the guys serving him "Holy crap it's Iron Man! What a cheapskate. All that money and he only bought ONE donut."

Maybe he just ate the other 11 donuts. Wonder if the suit can expand when Tony starts packin on the pounds, or will that be the Mark VII?

Anybody has any idea on when the Mark IV will be released? I know it's supposed to be soon, but has anyone from Asia heard anything yet?

I have been asleep under a rock. I only became interested in MkIV because I came cross a cheap MkIII and thought I'd read up on what the difference is between MkIII and MkIV I have avoided the MkIII 'til now because all that's been said about colour-fade, articulation issues and proportions, but this one's going for a song (ie MSRP).

After wading through 100 pages on how RDJ looks Asian, and 20 pages on how it must just have been the lighting, can some of the fans here tell me any reason why I should opt for MkIII over the mkIV?

p.s. I am not an OC IM fanboy, so the minutia of film-accurate details don't phase me. And I don't care about bargains, I want the best figure. And I feel the full idiot, no need to tell me. :)

Hard to say before the Mark IV is released. I like my BD MK III but like anything Hot Toys, the newer versions are often improvements. The mark VI looks to give you the most bang for your buck as it is almost like two figures, but I like the new head sculpt and sun glass look of the MK IV.

I have been asleep under a rock. I only became interested in MkIV because I came cross a cheap MkIII and thought I'd read up on what the difference is between MkIII and MkIV I have avoided the MkIII 'til now because all that's been said about colour-fade, articulation issues and proportions, but this one's going for a song (ie MSRP).

After wading through 100 pages on how RDJ looks Asian, and 20 pages on how it must just have been the lighting, can some of the fans here tell me any reason why I should opt for MkIII over the mkIV?

p.s. I am not an OC IM fanboy, so the minutia of film-accurate details don't phase me. And I don't care about bargains, I want the best figure. And I feel the full idiot, no need to tell me. :)

You can always get both the BD MKIII and MK IV, since you don't care about bargains, money is prob' no issue for you. but if you can only get one, I'd say get the MK IV, better range of articulation (That's important for me), and a fully unmasked RDJ head, so you can bash your own Stark figure. On the other hand, with the BD MK III you get 2 display options (BD and clean). So.... You decide.

From Hot Toys Facebook page

74851_453500307343_58690437343_5872219_6911218_n.jpg

73282_453500257343_58690437343_5872218_7995349_n.jpg

149911_453500222343_58690437343_5872217_7230875_n.jpg

You can always get both the BD MKIII and MK IV, since you don't care about bargains, money is prob' no issue for you. but if you can only get one, I'd say get the MK IV, better range of articulation (That's important for me), and a fully unmasked RDJ head, so you can bash your own Stark figure. On the other hand, with the BD MK III you get 2 display options (BD and clean). So.... You decide.

Thanks for that - don't get me wrong, I care about bargains, it's just that I don't look at a MRSP MKIII as the default preferable option just because it's fetching so much more on the grey market than a pre-orderd MkIV.

I've got the cash for one figure and I want it to be the better option, not the better 'deal'.

I've read up a bit more, and if HT delivers as promised, MkIV is set to be a better articulated, better proportioned, better detailed figure than MkIII.

In a way I'm glad I came to this figure late - means I don't have to spend weeks on end waiting for it to finally be released :)

Back