1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to go too hard on you but to me that does not warrant an email. It's more a minor annoyance than it is an actual defect. Sometimes it's best to be at least a little bit self sufficient and handle the small stuff on your own.

:) I've been a strong proponent of being pro-active, resourceful, and a little forgiving when it comes to this kind of stuff arriving in less than perfect shape, so I completely understand.

I don't have a great deal of experience with HT figs though, which see different usage than static statues.

I didn't buy it with the intent of flipping it eventually, so if I can work it back in, and it doesn't keep pushing back out, I can live with it.

Was curious if wire protrusion was a more common problem with these things than I realized.

How are folks getting the cape to lay down? Water? Lt ironing?
just curious.

It's just working in the folds using the wires. It's easier if his arms are straight down, but when you start to pose the arms it's hard to get the cape to drape naturally over them, and not stick out sideways.

It's just working in the folds using the wires. It's easier if his arms are straight down, but when you start to pose the arms it's hard to get the cape to drape naturally over them, and not stick out sideways.
Yeah, I just did those uniform folds all the way around and then just pulled down as much as I could. It wants to spring back up a bit. I remember feeling this annoyed with Lando's cape on the VOTC 3.75" figure from 15 years ago. :lol

Wanted to do more with the arms but it makes the cape a bit less natural as you said.

Yeah, I just did those uniform folds all the way around and then just pulled down as much as I could. It wants to spring back up a bit. I remember feeling this annoyed with Lando's cape on the VOTC 3.75" figure from 15 years ago. :lol

Wanted to do more with the arms but it makes the cape a bit less natural as you said.

It's quite frustrating that, after all these years waiting for a high end Lando, he doesn't solve all the issues of the Sideshow.

It was the same problem then, trying to keep the cape on while posing his arms.

At least the HT can hold his blaster without constantly dropping it though!

My shoddy contribution to this thread. Very pleased to have Lando in my collection....yes I realize that I need to remove the neck plastic...but I am wary about the pleather on the cape or shirt material transfering on to his neck.

Attachments

• 16363062973582112127596.jpg
    16363062973582112127596.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 1636306352530-1125651947.jpg
    1636306352530-1125651947.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 79
:duff The smile comes and goes, or at least can look subtle and not derpy, but I'm happy with the sculpt overall. On par with HT's other OT offerings.

Thanks, DrWeaponX! Inigo sculpt there
Yeah, it's a sculpt that is sometimes strong, sometimes weaker to me. From some angles and under certain lighting it's the dream HT Lando, but the odd slingblade smile reappears and the likeness can drain away somewhat with just a slight head turn or certain lighting hitting it.

The majority of the time it hits the mark though, which was not what I was expecting based on early pics, so I'm very happy overall.

And yeah TonTon, you have certainly become the high-end HF custom fig guy. :clap :clap

Lando has just taken center position in one of my ESB cabinets... he really does bring a lot. Now what to do with the old Sideshow Bespin Lando. Hmm...

vlizKQL.jpg

Last edited:
This thing has wires??????????

Yeah, it's a sculpt that is sometimes strong, sometimes weaker to me. From some angles and under certain lighting it's the dream HT Lando, but the odd slingblade smile reappears and the likeness can drain away somewhat with just a slight head turn or certain lighting hitting it.

The majority of the time it hits the mark though, which was not what I was expecting based on early pics, so I'm very happy overall.

And yeah TonTon, you have certainly become the high-end HF custom fig guy. :clap :clap

Lando has just taken center position in one of my ESB cabinets... he really does bring a lot. Now what to do with the old Sideshow Bespin Lando. Hmm...

vlizKQL.jpg
Such an amazing Empire shelf there, Tali! :clap

I think 50% of my customs are of Ford. Couple Hans, some Indy figs, a Deckard. Just need to finish my Regarding Henry custom next. :lol

Landon in the house!!!!!

Realized that because the cape is so voluminous in the back, the Bespin Leia backdrop wouldn't have really worked with Lando anyhow.

No paint chip on the chin thankfully. Was my biggest fear.

View attachment 544513
Awesome pic Ton Ton! Great posing on Lando and that custom Han is probably the best I have seen. Like the Elliot Gould Trapper John M.A,S.H avitar.

Such an amazing Empire shelf there, Tali! :clap

I think 50% of my customs are of Ford. Couple Hans, some Indy figs, a Deckard. Just need to finish my Regarding Henry custom next. :lol
That's ummm... just one of four ESB cabinets I have.:slap:oops::lol

Regarding Henry is basically the HF reaction face to Leia's "he's my brother" line.... for two hours.

Last edited:
My shoddy contribution to this thread. Very pleased to have Lando in my collection....yes I realize that I need to remove the neck plastic...but I am wary about the pleather on the cape or shirt material transfering on to his neck.
No leave it, I like Vicar Lando :p

Awesome pic Ton Ton! Great posing on Lando and that custom Han is probably the best I have seen. Like the Elliot Gould Trapper John M.A,S.H avitar.
Thanks Lordscum! :duff Had a Long Goodbye Gould avatar for the longest time but went with this for the summer. Need to find a Gould pic for every season. :lol Maybe California Split for Winter

Thanks Lordscum! :duff Had a Long Goodbye Gould avatar for the longest time but went with this for the summer. Need to find a Gould pic for every season. :lol Maybe California Split for Winter
There's always Capricorn One Gould.

One of my faves. And the movie has Kojak plus OJ with a hunting knife onscreen.:lecture

gould-and-telly.jpg

Back