1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting that Asta. The Sideshow pants look too baggy throughout to me. I think the ideal would be the Sideshow color with the HT fit down to the ankle area, then billowing out into the bell bottom look.

@Asta - Awesome. I like it. They look a tad small with the wider SS pants to me but with the HT pants I bet they’d work really well.

The trouble with the HT trousers is that they're completely straight legged.

esblando.JPG

lando_smoothie.jpeg

There's no perfect solution. I think I'll put the HT boots back on as these look too small to me.

Thanks for posting that Asta. The Sideshow pants look too baggy throughout to me. I think the ideal would be the Sideshow color with the HT fit down to the ankle area, then billowing out into the bell bottom look.

Yes, which ever way you jump there's an issue. :lol

Just had another look at him. The trousers are tight to the leg down as far as the knees, due to the padding he has on. Then they flare below the knee, and further still at the ankle.

I think it helped when he had the HT boots because they're tall, and fill out the lower leg.

Ironing those pants would help.

They got worse when I changed the boots.

I put the HT boots back on, and think they're the best balance with the SS trousers.

100_1344.JPG

The point at which the two different pairs of boots plug into the ankles must be different. The SS were making him too short, so the trousers were bunching against them.

With the HT boots the trousers hang at the right length.

My Lando shipped from SS. Should arrive next Monday.

I have to say that it feels good to be close to completing my OT Star Wars collection, aliens being the exception, which I'll always be picking up, if released.
Yeah, after Bespin Lando I'm really only needing Boushh Leia and Bespin Han to feel like my OT is complete. I'm resisting most of the Mando releases so far (2xMandos for now), but who knows...I might get withdrawal symptoms and order something in a quiet spot. And with BOBF ramping up, there might be a figure or two that will be too hard to pass up.

One interesting thing I noticed about this fig versus the old Sideshow version is that SSC consciously made the cape a shade darker blue than the shirt (a little too much difference actually,) whereas HT made the cape and shirt the same blue.

To my eye the HT blue looks a touch too pale overall, but I went to have a look at the various sources to see if the cape and shirt are indeed the same color. In many pics it appears the same (in the costumes book for example, though the costume looks faded there,) and in the movie it seems maybe 50/50. In some scenes there does seem to be a subtle difference between the cape blue and shirt blue, with the cape darker.

Some lighting seems to make them look the same, others show a pretty clear difference. Significantly, the shirt never looks darker than the cape (where there is a difference, cape is always darker) which I think proves it is indeed lighter than the cape. Probably came down to the fabric that works for a shirt doesn't work for a cape, so same blue dye but applied to two different fabric types.

The recent Black Series Lando 6" has a slightly darker blue cape.

I like the difference in blues versus both being the same, the slightly darker blue cape just looks sharper framing a slightly lighter blue shirt.

eEJQK9C.jpg

Ovq3bff.jpg

X2w9fJL.jpg

sxqcmvz.png

Last edited:
Back