1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really think this figure looks best with the arms tucked inside the cape. Tried all sorts of poses with it and just ended up deciding it looks best in a straight-up vanilla museum pose (especially when standing next to Bespin Leia). It’s the only way I found of keeping the cape under control.

Attachments

• 9FF416BC-E6DB-474C-9D7E-42D4DAFC6384.jpeg
    9FF416BC-E6DB-474C-9D7E-42D4DAFC6384.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 29FACBE4-587F-4956-8F3A-A9843756D6F0.jpeg
    29FACBE4-587F-4956-8F3A-A9843756D6F0.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 94
I loved Capricorn One!!!!

Those two helicopters were awesome. I haven't seen it in 30 years. I wonder if it still holds up at all?
Watched with the kids maybe 3 years ago. It rocked. Though I have a soft spot for Brenda Vaccaro (up there with JoBeth Williams and Debra Winger as hottest in the mid 70s to mid 80s, a very competitive decade.) That moment when she knows her astronaut husband is secreting signalling it's all faked using their family vacation to a filming ranch analogy.:love: And it has Hal Holbrooke as a villain.... no actor in history of cinema twists trusted authority into villiany as well. Twenty years ago you could bring up CapOne in any Hollywood pitch meeting and watch the eyes light up. :lol

Yeah, it was a great thriller -- perfect Hollywood mix of government conspiracy, action, thrills, suspense and comedy. Gould and Black had some great banter. The climax dogfight was outstanding at the time. And that 'no-brakes' car sequence made you twist in your seat in the theater with the front-end POV through the streets. Back in a time when movies were simpler, quieter. Hyams best movie by far. And what an incredible score by Goldsmith. It really is a forgotten classic. I'll have to find it somewhere and give it a watch. I miss "little" movies like that.

Yeah the kids loved all of that. It's a type of movie Hollywood by and large stopped making, and its unfortunate. Kurt Russell's "Breakdown" from the late 1990s is another taut desert-set example of that type of chase thriller (though with a little less scope,) and the late great JT Walsh was on-par with Hal Holbrooke as the warm, trusted guy with a truly evil flipside.

Really think this figure looks best with the arms tucked inside the cape. Tried all sorts of poses with it and just ended up deciding it looks best in a straight-up vanilla museum pose (especially when standing next to Bespin Leia). It’s the only way I found of keeping the cape under control.
I was going to go for the compromise of one arm out, one arm in. Stolen from someone on here.

20211025_201113 (2).jpg

Been over a week since my HK shipping notice…..still hasn’t left the country. 😕🤬
Mine took 20 days to get here from Hong Kong. Took over two weeks just to leave the country. I have a Shoretrooper on the way that's been 15 days so far. Post is so slow right now. Even DHL is taking 4-5 days instead of the usual 2-3.

Yeah the kids loved all of that. It's a type of movie Hollywood by and large stopped making, and its unfortunate. Kurt Russell's "Breakdown" from the late 1990s is another taut desert-set example of that type of chase thriller (though with a little less scope,) and the late great JT Walsh was on-par with Hal Holbrooke as the warm, trusted guy with a truly evil flipside.

The best of those 90's Breakdown type thrillers, for me, was the American version of The Vanishing with Sutherland and Bridges.

The best of those 90's Breakdown type thrillers, for me, was the American version of The Vanishing with Sutherland and Bridges.

... and of the same ilk - "Desperate Hours" 1990 - Hopkins / Rourke / Morse / Lynch

Noticed a slight improvement with transit time. My Armorer, supposedly sent by TW late october took about six weeks to arrive while my Shoretrooper Squad Leader and Tusken Raider only took 10 days.

Back