Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like how the Deluxe Version Exclusive includes the Dagobah base as well as the other base. That's something I wish The Mandalorian Ahsoka Tano included.
Seems to be a recent change that they've been doing. It was always such a stupid decision on their part to have the Deluxe version not include the base in the standard. That's what I didn't like about the Ahsoka deluxe. One has a cool bridge/water base and the other is a small wood base. Why not include both in the DELUXE version?

I feel like they should've stepped up and done a BD version as well. They could've easily done three versions similar to the Darth Maul DX. They could've done DX24, DX25, and then a DX26 with both figures like DX07. They could've went further of course and sold the BD in a separate set also.

I honestly thought that since this took so long to come out that they were going to scrap it and just re-released DX07 at the 10 year mark sorta like they did with Whiplash, Nolan Batman, and other figures. They always seem to do most of their re-released at the ten year mark so I thought they might just do that. It sucks for me as someone who missed out on DX07, but I can always say that I should've pulled the trigger on it at $400 the many times I had the opportunity. Anyway, I think it would've been great to release both figures with updated headsculpts but with all the accessories. I so want the weathervane 😂

Seems to be a recent change that they've been doing. It was always such a stupid decision on their part to have the Deluxe version not include the base in the standard. That's what I didn't like about the Ahsoka deluxe. One has a cool bridge/water base and the other is a small wood base. Why not include both in the DELUXE version?
That never made sense to me...the deluxe version should have EVERYTHING the regular release has plus more. It's just illogical to not include something that's in the regular. I really want both bases with Ahsoka and that's really stupid of them not to include it.

That never made sense to me...the deluxe version should have EVERYTHING the regular release has plus more. It's just illogical to not include something that's in the regular. I really want both bases with Ahsoka and that's really stupid of them not to include it.
And the standard Ahsoka base is actually better than the deluxe one which is even funnier :lol

So this is how I have had my DX-07 displayed for several months (which tells you what I think of the sculpt). I even tried the clean sculpt with the Bieber haircut to change it up a bit. It was good for it's time but I will most likely double-dip on the DX-25--I love the new bases and MH sculpt, to go with the old accessories from the 07. I think I just cannot resist and OT Luke in my collection, HT alone gets me there all the time dang it!
View attachment 572182
View attachment 572183
Can't help but asking.... what is that Kenobi standing in the background?
Thx

I mean, I have both and it was literally the first thing I noticed when I unboxed the Endor version and compared the two. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Pretty sure Justin brings it up and shows it in his review of the Endor version as well.
Could you post side-to-side pics?
Thx

Prove that they’re improving and refining their quality year on year? It’s pretty evident from a majority of their releases.
One year seems to me too little time for noticeable technical leaps in 1/6 production paintwork to take place, on this day and age in them1/6 hobby.

In my view, the main difference between dx07 and this new BL is not better sculpting or painting techniques, but another, very old ingredient that already existed 10 years ago, called "accuracy" and that you could already find in spades in many old headsculpts, of which Storm Shadow, or dx06 are only 2 examples. Those HS already sported life-like paint- and sculptjobs that are very very close in quality to recent releases. In those 2 respects, I consider the State of the Art to have reached a plateau, of which, the final frontiers are accuracy and expression -HT's recent releases still lack on those fronts (new Luke's eyes are wrong, plus his inadequate expression, already commented on), and the thing to look up to would (sometimes) be 1/4. Let's hope for QS, a 1/4 champiom themselves, to rise the bar and to set the trend, even if by increasing prices somewhat (not by much, here's hoping).

I mean....yeah?

CDZdTJq.png
Y2TwmLf.png

I'd very much prefer comparing production units, but again: this new degree of accuracy could have been reached 10 years ago.
Also the better fit on the clothing. Good accuracy and fitting were concepts that already existed back then. Other releases from the same are proof. Sure enough, painting & sculpting techniques have necessarily improved in the intervening decade, but they are not then main factor that makes this new HS superior. Accuracy is, and it could have already been achieved in the dx07 in the 1st place.

Last edited:
Speaking for myself, the new head sculpt is a much better likeness to Mark Hamill. As I said elsewhere, the previous version looks like John Squire, the Stone Roses guitarist, cosplaying at his local Comic Con. As someone who never owned that version, I am more than happy to add this one to my collection.
Agreed. I just can't believe Justin and others still prefer the dx07. This one is ALMOST perfect. Only the eyes are wrong. Expression is also a miss.

013EE1C7-6B55-4DD9-BB7B-ADAE5A53C3EA.png

45141F74-AEE0-4C3B-943C-FC0C394418B2.jpeg942E7BB3-B9A1-4FD6-83CC-8DE5004AAF07.jpegB5F3A249-E9C2-4E73-BC10-11B941E86F94.jpeg1D62843B-7E19-465F-BA7D-ADBA3BEE5EBA.jpeg8D411C58-F5A1-4CCA-AAEC-E1C582089B4E.png62C70E99-C7D0-4290-B79E-374D01387385.jpeg
In case anyone forgot what mark Hamill looks like back in 1980. My issue isn’t that the sculpt looks bad, my issue is that it doesn’t look like 1980 mark Hamil. And it’s ok to be excited for a figure, but let’s not kid ourselves.

But they nailed his likeness for the sequel figures. Maybe old mark Hamil is easier to sculpt than young one.

But they nailed his likeness for the sequel figures. Maybe old mark Hamil is easier to sculpt than young one.
Likenesses of older people are generally easier to capture. Wrinkles and generally more definition in the face give artists a lot more to work with.
Younger faces, with more subtle features are much harder, especially at a small scale like this. It's honestly why I prefer it when they take a slightly stylized approach with them sometimes.

Are the ANH likenesses of Luke and Han super accurate? Nope. But I still like them. The alternative is a more photo realistic, but awkward sculpt like this one, that I think looks good from some angles, but has some weird uncanny valley features in others.

Back