Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first 1/6 figure was a Sideshow Stormtrooper. I was both amazed by the detail and disappointed at the sculpt. So much potential and yet so far away from accurate. My first Hot Toys figure was the blue and red Spider-Man 3 figure. Totally blown away by the detail and accuracy in some areas but also disappointed in others like the height and bulkiness. What a long strange expensive trip it’s been.

I remember being so impressed by the first Hot Toys stormtrooper. Made the Sideshow one look like a bad $20 TRU item. I'm not sure HT has impressed me like that again with Star Wars, except for maybe Tarkin.

I can see Mark in the rest of the face, and it looks like a subtle step closer than Mando Luke, but there is something about the eyeballs…..
Maybe it’s the color or the size of the irises?

Every time I see the eyes I’m somehow reminded of Eddie Redmayne instead.
It is something about the eyes, yeah..... lack of expression, maybe eyeball size....

I also remember drooling at the glorious store displays like these. And I distinctly remember a specific trip to the mall when my Mom limited me to one figure when I wanted the AT AT. I swore to myself I would buy it all when I grew up :lol

View attachment 573052

View attachment 573058

View attachment 573059
Omg this brings back a lot of wonderful memories. I was in the US in Christmas 78 (7 years old) and all I wanted to do was go into toy stores and just stare at all the things my parents refused to buy me. I went to some random kids house and all I can remember was he had a Kenner TIE fighter. I had lots of vivid dreams of toy stores after that. And I can remember locally in I think in 83? One of my local toy stores did this amazing display of Jedi figures and vehicles. And I was same I always wanted that AT-AT. When I got my first real job first thing I did was just get everything I possibly could.

Omg this brings back a lot of wonderful memories. I was in the US in Christmas 78 (7 years old) and all I wanted to do was go into toy stores and just stare at all the things my parents refused to buy me. I went to some random kids house and all I can remember was he had a Kenner TIE fighter. I had lots of vivid dreams of toy stores after that. And I can remember locally in I think in 83? One of my local toy stores did this amazing display of Jedi figures and vehicles. And I was same I always wanted that AT-AT. When I got my first real job first thing I did was just get everything I possibly could.
Ha, yeah same - I was in Northern California and visited this film school friend of George Lucas' to hang out with his son, who got a regular special box of stuff from George. This was in 1980 in the months before ESB came out and this kid had ESB figs just before they were in stores AND he'd already seen the movie.:horror :lol Though he described the ATATs as being moving "like giant dogs" which really messed with my mind. The toy store I went to in Mill Valley blew my mind (my godparents bought me a SW Cantina and a SW Boba Fett.)

Last edited:
Ha, yeah same - I was in Northern California and visited this film school friend of George Lucas' to hang out with his son, who got a regular special box of stuff from George. This was in 1980 in the months before ESB came out and this kid had ESB figs just before they were in stores AND he'd already seen the movie.:horror :lol Though he described the ATATs as being moving "like giant dogs" which really messed with my mind. The toy store I went to in Mill Valley blew my mind (my godparents bought me a SW Cantina and a SW Boba Fett.)
I think my aunt lived in or near Marin but had moved to Denver by the time I was there in 78. I did get to see Superman in 70mm when I was there. That was something.

I also remember drooling at the glorious store displays like these. And I distinctly remember a specific trip to the mall when my Mom limited me to one figure when I wanted the AT AT. I swore to myself I would buy it all when I grew up :lol

View attachment 573052

View attachment 573058

View attachment 573059
This alone is worth inventing time travel for. There were still a few ROTJ figures knocking around when I was a kid, but Star Wars had mostly been replaced with Turtles and WWF figures at that point. I envy those that got to live through this period and experience the joy of seeing the shelves stacked with Kenner SW figures.

This alone is worth inventing time travel for. There were still a few ROTJ figures knocking around when I was a kid, but Star Wars had mostly been replaced with Turtles and WWF figures at that point. I envy those that got to live through this period and experience the joy of seeing the shelves stacked with Kenner SW figures.

It was really something standing in front of those massive inventories of Kenner Star Wars as a kid. It was so cool to stare but also frustrating because I literally and desperately wanted all of it. Probably explains my free spending now that a have decent income as an adult.

Toy stores and book stores were my thing at that age. I can remember going to the FAO Schwartz in SF and my head just imploded. And going to book stores wherever i could find one and flipping through Starlog.

It was really something standing in front of those massive inventories of Kenner Star Wars as a kid. It was so cool to stare but also frustrating because I literally and desperately wanted all of it. Probably explains my free spending now that a have decent income as an adult.
I'm old enough to remember Kenner Power Droid as the ultimate pre-ESB peg warmer (in an era that didn't have many peg warmers, though Lobot was too) and yet here I am currently building a 1/6 screen accurate version of... the sandcrawler gonk that's in the Kenner Power droid artwork. How times change... but not. :lol
Toy stores and book stores were my thing at that age. I can remember going to the FAO Schwartz in SF and my head just imploded. And going to book stores wherever i could find one and flipping through Starlog.
Starlog (whose main columnist Gerrold was a bit anti-SW by the way), Fantastic Films, Famous Monsters, Cinefantasique... I re-bought most of my favorite issues and they are brilliant, so much fun to read the conjecture.

Our holy government shitted on customs regulations. Anything over 150 euros will be regarded and taxed as commercial item. I'll see how Ahsoka will hurt. Then I may have to quit buying abroad, and stick with local distributors.

View attachment 573052
Mannnnn, sweet memories TurdFurgusonsHat. Thanks for that. I use to have the Kenner Slave-1 and Twin-Pod Cloud Car in one of the photos there. Also had Vader's Tie, a Tauntaun and various figures from Star Wars to ROTJ.

These almost made me cry!! 🥺
Not having any of my old figures more like it for me.:cry:

You are so right. As a kid going to the mall, would always have to stop in to just see. My parents couldn't afford much back then, so I would have to wait until Christmas or my birthday. Where I'm from, they use to mail the fall/winter catalogs out and I would mark the things out I wanted from various family members to get me. All SW of course. I remember I always wanted the Millennium Falcon, so I cut it out of the catalog and asked my grandparents if they could possibly get it for me. They ended up giving me the small diecast/plastic version with three landing gears.....but I was still happy with it. Man, if I could only have that item alone, I would be content.

Anyone still have their Kenner items?

I remember being so impressed by the first Hot Toys stormtrooper. Made the Sideshow one look like a bad $20 TRU item. I'm not sure HT has impressed me like that again with Star Wars, except for maybe Tarkin.
Director Krennic was very good also, but you are right where Tarkin is concerned, as that may be their best SW headsculpt of all time.

Mannnnn, sweet memories TurdFurgusonsHat. Thanks for that. I use to have the Kenner Slave-1 and Twin-Pod Cloud Car in one of the photos there. Also had Vader's Tie, a Tauntaun and various figures from Star Wars to ROTJ.

Not having any of my old figures more like it for me.:cry:

You are so right. As a kid going to the mall, would always have to stop in to just see. My parents couldn't afford much back then, so I would have to wait until Christmas or my birthday. Where I'm from, they use to mail the fall/winter catalogs out and I would mark the things out I wanted from various family members to get me. All SW of course. I remember I always wanted the Millennium Falcon, so I cut it out of the catalog and asked my grandparents if they could possibly get it for me. They ended up giving me the small diecast/plastic version with three landing gears.....but I was still happy with it. Man, if I could only have that item alone, I would be content.

Anyone still have their Kenner items?

My experience was very similar to yours, I always really looked forward to Christmas and Birthdays because I knew I would get at least some of the Star Wars stuff I wanted. And I also remember religiously and very thoroughly going through the Sears and JCPenny Christmas catalogs.

Unfortunately almost none of my childhood Kenner stuff survived. Me and my friends played heavily with most of it and eventually we abused it when I got older and stopped caring. I think my Mom gave away most of what survived to one of her friend's children.

When I got back into collecting Star Wars again as an adult I thought about trying to re-collect the old Kenner stuff but decided the prospect was too daunting. I did manage to find and buy back an unused and perfect condition ROTJ lunch box from ebay that I had in elementary school.

1983-return-jedi-metal-lunch-box_1_9733f50085da99b52ee5ba4f5eb7c1d2.jpg

My experience was very similar to yours, I always really looked forward to Christmas and Birthdays because I knew I would get at least some of the Star Wars stuff I wanted. And I also remember religiously and very thoroughly going through the Sears and JCPenny Christmas catalogs.

Unfortunately almost none of my childhood Kenner stuff survived. Me and my friends played heavily with most of it and eventually we abused it when I got older and stopped caring. I think my Mom gave away most of what survived to one of her friend's children.

When I got back into collecting Star Wars again as an adult I thought about trying to re-collect the old Kenner stuff but decided the prospect was too daunting. I did manage to find and buy back an unused and perfect condition ROTJ lunch box from ebay that I had in elementary school.

View attachment 573318

I remember taking an Empire Strikes Back flask to school.

I think it was this colour combination:

images

View attachment 573318
Cool collection there.(y)

I live in Canada, so we had Sears, Simpson's, Consumer Distributing, Woolworth's, Toys "R" Us mainly for catalogs or flyers.

My Kenner toys was given to the neighbour's kids, Good Will or some other charity service. I remember wherever I went, I had my SW figures in a plastic grocery bag, as well as a stack of Topps SW cards secured with a rubber band.

As an adult, I had sustained a shoulder injury. When I had nothing to do, thoughts fell on the old Kenner SW line and how much they cost. Seeing how much some of these figures went for, I opted to buy S.H. Figuarts. As the prices increased for S.H. I then decided to start purchasing Hot Toys 1/6 figures. I thought, to hell with the Kenner figures sealed away, I want to pose my stuff.

Now as far as Luke goes, I opted for the DX24 Reg. Would have picked up the Deluxe, but like ebor and Luisenigma1 stated :
So no back pack yoda dx exclusive?
Ok finally preordered him. I'm ok with the standard the dagobah base isn't worth it if you can't have him in his training outfit with yoda on his back.

As far as the face and hair, maybe it can be tweaked a bit. The eyes may be widened a bit.....usually I find the shape and or eyelids to be sculpted differently. Looking at the prototype, maybe a 7.5/8 out of 10 for me.:unsure:

Last edited:
I hear ya. Really do.......

Back