Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 572217

To me the sculpt most resembles Luke from TBOBF. The very rigid and sharp hair-helmet doesn’t help, especially because of the lighting in some of the pictures.

That said, the likeness is there even if it’s not perfect and serves its purpose. I guess kind of like the CGI versions of Luke.

It feels like a large gap has been filled in the lineup and I think it’s a good update to an important appearance for Luke without taking anything away from those who still have DX07.
This image always makes me think that, in addition to Marty McFly, Eric Stoltz might have filmed a few scenes as Luke Skywalker before he was fired from that role too. :lol

Well, the boots do look funky now that I get a good look at them... but I'm really liking the head sculpt in that video. The side-eyes seem to suit him.

With fatsuit removal, this should be a rocking figure.
I called the boots atrocious earlier and I take that back - after seeing that video, I'd say they look absolutely god-awful.:lol Big step backwards from the DX07... from a decade ago.😬

Sad that the DX07 boots have begun deteriorating on a few people's DX07 figs so an updated set of boots would have been awesome (even if they don't appear deteriorated, if you articulate them sharply, they will slightly crack.)

And in taking a super-close look at that Luke Vader helmet, it appears they are simply using a DX07 accessory for these pics. The paint on both helmet and face are 100% identical to the DX07 helmet I have - every miniscule blemish, even the "starburst retina pattern" eye thing older HT figs have.

Maybe the version that comes with the actual fig will have updated apps or maybe not. The apps on the DX07 accessory are still pretty damn good.

I’m glad I’m not the only one noticing the boots. :lol Those were one of the first things I noticed, as I always liked the way the boots looked on the DX07 and Hoth Leia.

OK now *this* picture has me excited about the new sculpt.

Attachments

• AD21423E-BD93-4FD0-9584-5E44CA30D3E5.jpeg
    AD21423E-BD93-4FD0-9584-5E44CA30D3E5.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 83
Yep, it would be nice if they reworked the boots over the next 2 YEARS before delivery. :lol

I expected the Vader head to be exactly the same sculpt as DX07. Expensive bonus DX item... and a decade old artifact of collecting from another era.

Still, I will be watching this in 2 years to see if the "upgrade" is warranted for what might be better -- new suit, new belt, and maybe that head.

Yep, it would be nice if they reworked the boots over the next 2 YEARS before delivery. :lol

I expected the Vader head to be exactly the same sculpt as DX07. Expensive bonus DX item... and a decade old artifact of collecting from another era.

Still, I will be watching this in 2 years to see if the "upgrade" is warranted for what might be better -- new suit, new belt, and maybe that head.
Same sculpt yes - same decade-old paint apps, that's a surprise to me at least.

The DX on this isn't exactly exciting anyway: a pretty crap Dagobah stand (even the small sculpted part is junk) and a ten year old accessory re-issue. I guess $60 is a decent deal for the Luke/Vader head though.

This is still a really exciting PO overall. I have DX07 and wouldnt dream of not getting this - it's Luke from ESB. I have SSC Luke Snowspeeder (two variants) yet have the HT version on PO. I don't collect Mando, BOBF, PT, ST (or pretty much any other line besides Indy)... so I'm able to go all-in for OT releases.

And yeah, I get it's a proto but hopefully they rework the glue on those god-awful boots as well. :lol

mVHHKWg.png

I don't get the argument that DX-07 had two figures at a lower price. It was a decade ago. Those who turn their head for this reason should look at a standard regular HT figure that they bought within the last 6 months. That's what this should be compared to. If you compare this to DX-07, then you should compare every trooper or character at this era to the similar prices of 2010.

Second, I never liked BD headsculpt. I chased after DX-07, but always dreamed of using non-BD headsculpt. The DX-25 headsculpt is far more resembles MH than DX-07.

Regarding reused parts, I think HT knows most DX-07 owners would skip this (I would if I had one), they are mainly releasing this for those who missed DX-07. Upgraders will be few in number. So, they might have considered there's no need to go for full R&D on this figure.
$300 back in 2010s is like $390 today in 2022. So we are missing a figure but the R&D invested in new tech and materials could account for the difference as well.

Why is even the standard version almost $300 still when it's so bare bones?

$300 back in 2010s is like $390 today in 2022. So we are missing a figure but the R&D invested in new tech and materials could account for the difference as well.
A standard figure with headsculpt is close to 300 USD nowadays. Look at Bo-Katan.

1ymu9e.gif

So, can anyone name (maybe with pics) all the different hair styles that all the current (and yet to be released) HT Luke figures have had. There must be at least 10? This is kinda crazy.

Seems like it could be a totally separate hobby to collect Luke Skywalker's hair. 😆

Oh, and speaking of rooted hair... 😲

B2990B93-A957-4295-9EEB-B366B8EB037C.jpeg

Disclaimer: Not my pic, but cool nonetheless.

Last edited:
So, can anyone name (maybe with pics) all the different hair styles that all the current (and yet to be released) HT Luke figures have had. There must be at least 10? This is kinda crazy.

Seems like it could be a totally separate hobby to collect Luke Skywalker's hair. 😆

View attachment 572283
KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! 🔥

b2990b93-a957-4295-9eeb-b366b8eb037c-jpeg.572283

Howard got the band back together?

0x0.jpg

Why does Luke look so terrified? What has happened to him?

Back