Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giphy.gif

Anybody else thinking of turning this one into a Dagobah training Luke? Surely there’s a Phicen body out there near enough to Hamill’s. The only issue is the backpack.

Speaking for myself, the new head sculpt is a much better likeness to Mark Hamill. As I said elsewhere, the previous version looks like John Squire, the Stone Roses guitarist, cosplaying at his local Comic Con. As someone who never owned that version, I am more than happy to add this one to my collection.

Anybody else thinking of turning this one into a Dagobah training Luke? Surely there’s a Phicen body out there near enough to Hamill’s. The only issue is the backpack.
There are options but none are the right build or height as Hamill. I’ve been experimenting with building a Luke Dagoba since before the DX07 came out.

My first attempt was with an Enterbay Bruce Lee GOD body. Perfect build to Hamill and matched the skin tone of the Dx head but articulation was terrible so what’s the point if you can’t bend the arms properly.

Next was a Jiaou Doll Young Male seamless but I got the wrong skin tone and the arms and legs were too long for Luke. I tried cutting the legs down to be the right height but the arms still looked too long.

Then I tried a JXToys Narrow Shoulders body. It has been the stand in for a seemless that will actually work for a while now. Still waiting.

Yeah between this one or the clean DX07 I'll do one as Dagobah Luke. Unless HT puts up another Dagobah Luke before this is released, but I think it is doubtful though since they gave this one the Dagobah stuff.

Looking at the Snowspeeder Luke boots, it baffles me why they decided to take a step back with these ones and copy the incorrect pattern of the DX07.

There are options but none are the right build or height as Hamill. I’ve been experimenting with building a Luke Dagoba since before the DX07 came out.

My first attempt was with an Enterbay Bruce Lee GOD body. Perfect build to Hamill and matched the skin tone of the Dx head but articulation was terrible so what’s the point if you can’t bend the arms properly.

Next was a Jiaou Doll Young Male seamless but I got the wrong skin tone and the arms and legs were too long for Luke. I tried cutting the legs down to be the right height but the arms still looked too long.

Then I tried a JXToys Narrow Shoulders body. It has been the stand in for a seemless that will actually work for a while now. Still waiting.
How did you get the DX07 head sculpt onto the Bruce Lee Body? Doesn’t the Bruce Lee body have an attached/fixed neck? Or am I thinking about another body.

Wow! What a surprise! I declared this figure totally dead after not seeing him at conventions for a good while. Seeing as I regret skipping the DX07 and the current $700 price tag, I will be getting this bad boy.

Definitely passing on the deluxe. Don't see the need for the base nor the Luke Vader helmet.

The sculpt does look like the Mando Luke. Might not be totally the same, but it is pretty close. Thankfully I like the sculpt. A lot better than the ROTJ Jedi/Snowspeeder one.

Surprised how clean it is. Not sure if Luke was ever that clean in that shirt. Must have taken it from the promo pics outside of the movie.

Anyways regardless of the sculpt I'll be getting this as I never was able to get the DX07. I think the sculpt gets the job done so I'm not really complaining.

How did you get the DX07 head sculpt onto the Bruce Lee Body? Doesn’t the Bruce Lee body have an attached/fixed neck? Or am I thinking about another body.
I cut the neck off the Bruce Lee body to accommodate the DX07 head. There was a neck post inside the rubber neck with a bending wire that could fit inside the Luke head if you pop off the bottom rounded attachment of the sculpt. Difficult to get right but I think it worked for a while.

I kept the neck on the second body and just cut away the neck on the sculpt to make it fit.

Back