Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my biggest problems with every 1/6 iteration of Maul, the costume is always tailored form fitting, I would have thought if anyone could have finally delivered a Maul figure that had the heft and drape of the movie costume, it would have been HT, they manage to find thin fabrics that keep scale but manage to look as heavy as full scale material, like Jedi Luke’s cloak and Darth Vader’s cape. For me the opening at the front of his robes hanging over his belt is part of the Maul look, and I’ve never been able to get a figure to capture that. Even the Jedi costumes were more loose in Episode 1 compared to 2 and 3.

This EXACTLY what I’ve always thought as well. Medicom was the closest to being able to drape stuff, but everybody found faults in that figure. But yeah I agree

I’ve decided to go with the sith speeder version. Looks quite good in the video.

Even if I don’t use it often, it’s another display option.

Loving the in boxing vids!
My heart jumped when the young boy was leaning on the box gatefold.lol.
Love their passion.and excitement !!

Almost tempted to bite the bullet and get the exclusive edition from HK...looks to be an extra $150 AUD though and god knows when OZ will get this in this year?!

Looking really good in the last video.
My only gripe, I think the eye sockets are a touch too big, but I’m being super picky.
I like the fixed stare of the Sideshow V2.

DX16 arrived so a few quick shots
8b62cc2098bf9d364a5bf4812d5c6ffa.jpg
3ac3cb8311e61be7dc24c82cf462beda.jpg
4f90c631e0460a1164feaafb9918ceac.jpg
1ab2787f065bdec62ff970cd9748f227.jpg
8518e30eae4e093c2410ada7cec26016.jpg
f0969b9da22d1cd93b6fb4c5485b4d00.jpg

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Looks great. I don't care for the exclusive hologram, but the bike is a must. I ordred DX17 from Loontentoys last week with a 10% Ebay code, worked out way cheaper than any European seller and Sideshow for me.

The French video looked great. The figure looks menacing and the bike is well done. Not thrilled about the figure stand though. I plan to stand him in front of the speeder. Can’t wait for more reviews this week. We will get complaints about the sculpt and outfit and his diet, but as far as shelf presence, this may be tough to beat.

Looking really good in the last video.
My only gripe, I think the eye sockets are a touch too big, but I’m being super picky.
I like the fixed stare of the Sideshow V2.

Agreed. While the PERS might be fun to use and allow for a wider range of expression, they also hurt the realism and make the head look a bit more toy-like than I'd prefer due to those large, cut-out eyes. And I think I'd rather they just kept them sculpted like on the V2.

Wait, so did they improve the second sculpt? I see nobody complaining about it or at least not talked about it.

Nope, still as ridiculous as it’s always been, I think with the confirmation it wasn’t changed, people are just ignoring its existence.

Back