Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really happy that this guy's being released. Of all the Nicholson outfits, I was sure that, if we were to get a 2nd, it'd be this one.

If you want a museum Joker or a mob Joker, it's relatively simple to bash one from DX08 (or apply a repaint, in museum Joker's case). But this outfit is truly unique, and would be the hardest to make a custom for - meaning there'd be little chance of getting a Joker like this if Hot Toys didn't do it. It's also nice to see a Joker that, visually, is so different and unique from the previous outfit, and it makes sense that Hot Toys would do it from their perspective, given their desire to do outfits that are visually unique and striking.

It also bodes well for more Tim Burton Batman figures - be it battle-damaged Batman, more Jokers, or the Batman Returns figures, whose yearlong delay without news has left many of us worried. Clearly, Hot Toys has confidence in these movies and characters, and that's good news for fans who want more characters from these classics.

However, like others, I'm perplexed that this is a DX release, and not a normal MMS release. It's going to have more niche appeal than a standard outfit Joker and doesn't seem to come with an alternate head or outfit. At the very least, DX08 come with a ****load of accessories - this one's just got some pens. It's as bare bones as Bane and Catwoman.

There's no reason it had to be PERS - so it seems like DX and PERS is being trotted out as an excuse to spike the price. Why couldn't this be an MMS companion to the Joker, like the Bank Robber Joker?

Or even better - why not a Toy Fair Exclusive? Unlike SWAT Gordon, there's no reason anyone would want more than one of these (but several of us wanted many SWAT Gordons, both to kitbash a Commissioner outfit and to build a team of Gotham SWAT officers), and like I said, it has niche appeal (only the diehard Batman fans are going to want a second, alternative Nicholson Joker) - both of which make this a perfect candidate for the limited production numbers of a convention exclusive. It would have made more sense both for collectors and for Hot Toys from a business perspective.

Perhaps Hot Toys will surprise us - maybe a second, museum painted head, to go along with the DX08? It wouldn't be the first time - DX01 was initially announced as a Police Joker figure, and not until a bit later was it made clear that it also came with a clown outfit and clown PERS head. Or Bank Robber Joker's machine gun, which wasn't in the Bank Robber scene at all, but was given so fans could have a more complete MMS 68 Joker.

Unfortunately, I'm inclined to think that's unlikely this time around...

It's such a joke that they call this a DX . I mean wow , 3 pens and a few hands?

Lets hope HT's "final version may be slightly different"

Maybe they'll read this thread and realize they made an EPIC FAIL making this a DX and revise it to an MMS release.

:goodpost::exactly:

EPIC FAIL on a grand scale unless this is $220 or so- but it'll be $275 PLUS.......they are joking.......:gah:

:goodpost::exactly:

EPIC FAIL on a grand scale unless this is $220 or so- but it'll be $275 PLUS.......they are joking.......:gah:

And this is another reason why I think that the DX08 must have done pretty huge numbers for them... They saw how many of those they sold at that price and figure that they can justify doing it again here. If the first was the failure that some folks want to believe, I don't think Hot Toys would have put out another Jack Joker, let alone trying to sell another DX version.

Sallah

And this is another reason why I think that the DX08 must have done pretty huge numbers for them... They saw how many of those they sold at that price and figure that they can justify doing it again here. If the first was the failure that some folks want to believe, I don't think Hot Toys would have put out another Jack Joker, let alone trying to sell another DX version.

Sallah

Oh no denying DX08 sold a ton..it's just HT produced a TON and 1/2 of them...nothing wrong with that.....I just think this release is bungled

And what makes it even weirder (in a cool way) is that he actually painted some *white* over his real eyebrows to obscure them and highlight his fake "mime" eyebrows, despite the rest of his face being naturally white due to the accident. But then he (the Joker character) still went ahead and painted some theatrical black on the edges of his real eyebrows to add flare or whatever. A totally bizarre presentation of a totally bizarre character. He's crazy on so many levels in that scene.

Yeah, it's bizarre especially when he's the only one that's not doing any miming (unless I've missed him in the background before his reveal). I still think the creepiest look is the mob meeting. He looks downright sinister there and the pinstripe coat and tie are a really sharp look, not to mention the sweet hand buzzer.

So let's see, what's left after these two?

DX08Joker.jpg

DX14.jpg

DX Jack Napier 2014 ($300)

JackNapier.jpg

DX Bleach/melt Joker 2015 ($350)

RevealJoker.jpg

DX Apartment Joker 2016 ($400)

ApartmentJoker.jpg

DX Mob Joker 2017 ($450)

MobJoker.jpg

DX Smylex Commercial Joker 2018 ($500)

SmylexJoker.jpg

DX Museum Joker 2019 ($550)

MuseumJoker.jpg

DX Axis Lair Joker 2020 ($600)

AxisJoker.jpg

DX Jack Nicholson Tribute Gangster Joker ($650)

GangsterJoker.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no denying DX08 sold a ton..it's just HT produced a TON and 1/2 of them...nothing wrong with that.....I just think this release is bungled

Sorry if that came across as me alluding to you thinking that... But a lot of folks do try and claim he was a poor seller based on him still being available at some retail places & not having a huge after-market value. I think that is a bit silly. :)

Again, though- My bad if I seemed like I was saying you thought that.

Sallah

Sorry if that came across as me alluding to you thinking that... But a lot of folks do try and claim he was a poor seller based on him still being available at some retail places & not having a huge after-market value. I think that is a bit silly. :)

Again, though- My bad if I seemed like I was saying you thought that.

Sallah

No offense taken, buddy!:1-1:

Back