Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is possibly just a quick photoshop to show what it will be like. At least I hope it is... It is very much out of scale as-is:

fanvisit45_zps5da8c4c4.jpg

Sallah

Wow that woderful picture from your link you gave us :clap

:goodpost:
It's waaaaaay outta scale :cuckoo::lol

I really.. REALLY like this figure - A LOT! :slap :gah:

I'd love to own it, but it kinda goes against my focus of one primary look for my core faves.

I feel like Anakin at the moment: "..I want MORE.. but I know I shouldn't."

:monkey1 :lol

I feel much the same. And DiFabios probably right, when the 89 Batmobile hits I'm gonna want it again (having cancelled it last year)

The whole cardboard dio thing is just silly for these high end releases anyway. :lol

Now I WOULD be impressed, if they'd done some actual sculpted Town Hall pillar pieces (a section of them at least) to go with the steps.

That makes sense.. not cardboard.

The whole cardboard dio thing is just silly for these high end releases anyway. :lol

Now I WOULD be impressed, if they'd done some actual sculpted Town Hall pillar pieces (a section of them at least) to go with the steps.

Yeah you wanna pay another $300 for that? Look at all of the 1:6 dios that Sideshow doesn't sell.

they are not for display purposes, but for photo backdrops. it seems a big part of the hobby has become posing and shootings pics.

Wow, what a weird choice for a figure. I just recently got the first 1989 Joker and I think that's going to remain being be the ultimate version of that character. I'll pass on this.

Yep - darkmatter put his hand up. :lol

I understand the logistics guys.. really.

I'm envisioning a small section, that obviously means half a colosseum to everyone interpreting my suggestion. :lol

It's such a joke that they call this a DX . I mean wow , 3 pens and a few hands?

Lets hope HT's "final version may be slightly different"

Maybe they'll read this thread and realize they made an EPIC FAIL making this a DX and revise it to an MMS release.

It's such a joke that they call this a DX . I mean wow , 3 pens and a few hands?

Maybe they'll read this thread and realize they made an EPIC FAIL making this a DX and revise it to an MMS release.

You mean like that epic fail of making Bane an MMS and not a DX release? :lol

For me DX= Pers, that' all...yeah, It's not fair, and the figure itself maybe doesn't worth $250...

Just up to you guys to buy or not...I'm definitely buy it....damn you Burton!!!

The steps on the display base that came with DX12 Batman were also out of scale.

Well, that depends on if they are meant to be the "Gotham City Hall" steps of Mellon Institute, Pittsburgh or the Federal Hall, Wall Street NYC steps. ;)

As for DX14, Sallah's pic shows the design of the steps, thickness of the "lip" and each step and the weathering is all wrong here too. Instead of squeezing in four narrow steps, they'd be better off with just two correct looking ones.

Not sure if I'd buy this figure. Definitely on the fence about it. It's a cool looking figure for sure, but it really is a pretty random scene and like it would just be an odd fit in a collection. I guess if the price is somewhat decent I may pick it up No idea how HT can charge any more then $200 for it and even that's probably overpriced. All it is is the figure, a pair of stairs and a cardboard backdrop. Plus the hands and feather pens, but it's really bare bones when it comes to accessories.

The figure looks cool to me and this is a pretty memorable scene from Batman 89, but I don't have the original Hot Toys Joker so I can't see buying this one at this point.

Last edited:
Back