Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow had Mime Joker for $110 at one point. I remember getting a couple and some for friends.

There was once a time where you could pretty much get any figure discounted if you were patient enough, even super popular figures. I don?t really see that anymore since they?ve jacked the prices up on everything. I remember getting the Returns Batman Bruce Wayne two pack and Robocop Murphy two pack for less than MSRP before they shot up to the obscene prices today. Thing like Bank Robber Joker 2.0 or the first Vader I got for like $170 and sold the interrogation droid and things I didn?t want. That stuff doesn?t happen now.

If I were a new comer to this hobby, the prices would definitely scare me away. Dropping $300 down seems to be the norm. Then once it sells out, no business or seller is willing to part for it for anything less.

Everything evens out though. There have been instances where I bought the first MMS hamburger face T-800 for $112 and later sold it for $500. Same with the original Two-Face that I got from that Joe guy for $75 bucks. Flipped it years later for $500. Even more recent figures too, like the original Marty Mcfly Ex.. Paid $260 or whatever MSRP it was, then sold it for $500. Then other times I?ve splurged for some big ticket release that I know I?ll never sell, like the ?89 Batmobile or QS Dark Knight Batman. Timing is everything. You should never have regrets.

Dang! I really wish I was collecting back in those days! I would have loved to get this figure for $145. I doubt I ever own this one since I paid a fortune for the regular release and my 89 Batman

Makes me remember back to 2008 when I bought my first MR force FX sabers for 70 or 80? new. Or in 2012 my DX09 180? or DX08 160? new. It was a time when you could get cool stuff for a reasonable price. It was fun and recreational even if you had limited funds
Now it became a luxury hobby much less funny...
DiFabio is right. If I was new in the hobby, the scary prices would have put me away...

I remember feeling like I snagged a good deal when I bought this early on for just under $200 shipped, more than $30 savings... until months later I saw the price plummet to $120. I assumed it would be a small release and hard to find. Maybe it was a small release and no too many people wanted it. Or HT made too many. I was bummed that I didn't hold out longer but I knew it was just a matter of time until it sold out and the price would then start to creep well past its original price. Jack's Joker will always have value.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember being angry that I was too late to buy the first Joker and then the Mime version came and I was still bitter and thought "**** that." The price went down, down, down. But I never bought it. Thought "There will be more from Hot Toys." I regret not getting it. It is a very excellent figure, beautiful. They don't really make iconic stuff like this anymore (or maybe I'm just getting old).

Paid mine 215€ new back to 2016. Thought it was pricey compared to my DX08 and 09...
now sounds a bargain...

Back then I remember seeing this figure for as low as $120 on eBay and feeling bad because I paid full price. Was a weird release for sure considering the other options they could have went with (maybe this one killed those options?) - but was and still is a fantastic figure from a time when HT was still interesting.
It surprised everyone. If there was gonna be another Nicholson everyone was expecting the museum melty face Joker. I remember some people being legitimately angry about this release. lol Like it had "stolen" a spot in the DX line that should have been reserved for another character. lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Although this is an awesome figure and I probably won't ever own it, I could honestly see people getting upset for not getting the museum Joker. I almost wish Hot Toys would have just added the extra melted face head sculpt, beret, and tie to make that scenes look.

It surprised everyone. If there was gonna be another Nicholson everyone was expecting the museum melty face Joker. I remember some people being legitimately angry about this release. lol Like it had "stolen" a spot in the DX line that should have been reserved for another character. lol

I remember that! I loved the figure from day one. Thought it was just a matter of time before we got Museum and possibly others. How do you get Jack and not exploit that? HT sucks

Just noticed his prices on eBay, don't feel so bad now.

almost wish Hot Toys would have just added the extra melted face head sculpt, beret, and tie to make that scenes look.

I always thought it would be cool of Hot Toys would release accessory packs. Like one with the above mentioned items. Maybe throw in a pair of sunglasses too for the hell of it. But that's a fantasy.lol

Hey guys, Im debating on whether I should get him or not. I do have Joker DX08 but found a new DX14 for $399. Is that too much or the figure is actually worth the money at this point? I know he comes with bare minimum accessories but overall is it worth it?

I paid a bit less than that price to be fair, but I love him - incredible likeness, one of my favourites, just a really fun figure.
But that said - I AM a Nicholson Joker fanatic - I would watch the movie every single weekend growing up.
If you are willing to take a risk, and are worried about the money - maybe think about this upcoming 3rd party figure MTOYS MS022 Nicholson 1/6 Scale Figure.
Keep in mind I think they used the Hot Toys for the photos and there is no guarantee that the production figure will look that good.

But if you think the price is okay (I would pick him up at that price) then I say go for it.
Just be sure its something you will love.

It's not one you'll do much with - I haven't changed pose in years. It's a beautiful figure though with a likeness that is arguably better than the DX08.

I paid a bit less than that price to be fair, but I love him - incredible likeness, one of my favourites, just a really fun figure.
But that said - I AM a Nicholson Joker fanatic - I would watch the movie every single weekend growing up.
If you are willing to take a risk, and are worried about the money - maybe think about this upcoming 3rd party figure MTOYS MS022 Nicholson 1/6 Scale Figure.
Keep in mind I think they used the Hot Toys for the photos and there is no guarantee that the production figure will look that good.

But if you think the price is okay (I would pick him up at that price) then I say go for it.
Just be sure its something you will love.
Yeah, I was debating between DX14 or Robocop, although I also have robocop but was thinking on getting a second one and repaint him in the Robocop 2 colors. But maybe the Joker is the better pick of the two, both with similar prices. We might see another Robocop reissue one day but not sure if we will ever get another Jack Nicholson Joker if it is true that his likeness license costs way to much. But who knows with the Flash movie we might see reissue of the line but I think the mime one will probably never be made again. Thoughts?

Yeah, I was debating between DX14 or Robocop, although I also have robocop but was thinking on getting a second one and repaint him in the Robocop 2 colors. But maybe the Joker is the better pick of the two, both with similar prices. We might see another Robocop reissue one day but not sure if we will ever get another Jack Nicholson Joker if it is true that his likeness license costs way to much. But who knows with the Flash movie we might see reissue of the line but I think the mime one will probably never be made again. Thoughts?

Not a chance Hot Toys re-releases this Mime Joker ever again, I would honestly be very shocked if they ever reissued the normal DX08 Joker.
The secondary market or the 3rd party recast I mentioned are the only ways I can honestly see anyone owning this Mime Joker.

Back