Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! I consider it one of my top 5 figures in the collection.

Amazing that the belt is in good shape.
Thanks man! Yeah he is definitely in my top 10 as I cant have a top 5 lol I have more than 5 figures in my collections that are a must have for me. And yeah I was surprised about the belt wither given all the stories I have herd and that this figure has had tow previous owners.

Mybe… Just maybe… We see Queen Studios continuing the Terminator line, now when they’ve announced their 1:6 line.
I would only consider a T1 DX type figure from QS as their prices will probably be pretty eye watering. To get a whole new line of Terminator figs from QS, well I would probably have to remortgage.

DX13 is probably my second favourite after the Tech-Noir fig. Probably because I prefer T1 over T2.

Its weird that it seems no unlicensed Terminator 1/6 figs ever seem to leak out. It seems that HT are done with the licence, who knows if anyone will pick it up, maybe not so much interest in the Terminator franchise anymore?

Loved the DX-13 as well.

Mentioning the tech-noir figure, it's surprising that it never got a re-release in any way, as it was definitely one of the more popular Terminator figures from HT.

Loved the DX-13 as well.

Mentioning the tech-noir figure, it's surprising that it never got a re-release in any way, as it was definitely one of the more popular Terminator figures from HT.
Yeah the Tech-Noir fig is my all time favourite fig from HT. It was one of my first HT figs I got back in 2012, when I first became aware of Hot Toys. They did teas a quarter scale T1 fig some time ago but nothing came of it, probably the only fig in quarter scale I would consider getting.

Not really worth making a while new thread over but QueenStudio just did a livestream Q&A and said they got the Terminator license.

It's currently only for statues but said that 1/6 figures will come a year from now. They mentioned the T-800 and T-1000, not sure if they meant the Endoskeleton for the T-800 or Arnold. Either way, excited to see what they do with the line.

Yeah, I think we’re die a proper non damaged T-800 from terminator 1 and 2. Just with a new take from another company on the Arnold sculpt since the latter ones, DX10 and 238 were good but not quite there yet. Though I must admit I thought their guardian had a pretty good old Arnie likeness.

Wish HT made an old Arnie from Dark Fate. That's a bloody good film.
They had plans but it flopped. Im a huge Arnie fan but I would struggle to say Dark Fate is a good film. Average at best. Another forgettable sequel in a long line. I did make a few customs a while back of Carl just to have.

Wish HT made an old Arnie from Dark Fate. That's a bloody good film.
I have to agree. Not the best it could have been but it was entertaining. The movie gets A LOT of hate, mostly cause of the on-the-nose wokeness, but if you overlook that, it was actually the best sequel behind T2...wayyyyy behind but still better than the rest.

Guys T-800 finally arrived in the collection. I am blown away how cool this figure looks. The head sculpt is phenomenal, the details, the paint, the presence, everything. This is the last one of the classic movies figures that I was after and I was finally able to get him. No belt flacking, no jacket or pant flacking either. For almost a 10 year old figure its impressive how good it looks and held up. The pleather did need some refreshing, so I applied some 303 and now it shines like new! Very happy to own this masterpiece of a figure. Now I need a T-1000 to go with it.

View attachment 565798
Looks great! How did you go about applying the 303 - did you remove the clothing first? Did you spray it onto a cloth, then wipe it onto the vinyl? Any tips or things to avoid?

Looks great! How did you go about applying the 303 - did you remove the clothing first? Did you spray it onto a cloth, then wipe it onto the vinyl? Any tips or things to avoid?

You pour the 303 into a bucket and dunk the complete figure into it while holding on to the thumb.

giphy.gif

I just got this one, too. So far free of flaking, thank our computer overlords.
Does the 303 change appearance of the material? More specifically my concern would be that it would make the beat up jackets/pants look glossy and new, rather than ejected-off-a-semi road rash.

Does the 303 change appearance of the material? More specifically my concern would be that it would make the beat up jackets/pants look glossy and new, rather than ejected-off-a-semi road rash.

Apparently it’s the mms238 that flakes, not this one.

The outfit for this and the MMS117 are made of PVC, so nothing to worry unless they're extremely dry. 303 doesn't make the outfit shine and applying once should be good for a very long time since it's not pleather. Just be careful of the studs as they can come off.

The outfit for this and the MMS117 are made of PVC, so nothing to worry unless they're extremely dry. 303 doesn't make the outfit shine and applying once should be good for a very long time since it's not pleather. Just be careful of the studs as they can come off.
Much obliged! Does the same apply for the belt?

Much obliged! Does the same apply for the belt?
No, all of the belts on the MMS117, DX10 and DX13 are made of thin pleather so I wouldn't be surprised if it still looks good but self terminates as soon as you touch it. I personally wouldn't touch it at this stage of it's life.

Back