Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little tip for the belt which I did. First layer with some PVA glue, apply your paint and then reapply another layer of PVA glue to create a leather look. It looks perfect!

Last edited:
Little tip for the belt which I did. Later with some PVA glue, apply your paint and then reapply another layer of PVA glue to create a leather look. It looks perfect!
I'll definitely give it a try.

I had previously just purchased a replacement belt. Not an exact duplicate but close enough and will hopefully last. (found it on Ebay, some time ago.)

Hey guys, I have the opportunity to get a DX13 figure for $500. Not sure if this is a good price for him or not. Also, how has he held up as a figure? Is he still worth getting him in 2022 or hope for a potential reissue from HT since they have been reissuing some old stuff lately?

Last but not least, is the belt the only issue to be aware of?

Thank you!

Hey guys, I have the opportunity to get a DX13 figure for $500. Not sure if this is a good price for him or not. Also, how has he held up as a figure? Is he still worth getting him in 2022 or hope for a potential reissue from HT since they have been reissuing some old stuff lately?

Last but not least, is the belt the only issue to be aware of?

Thank you!
Yes it's a decent price (doesn't really go lower unless something is wrong/missing. Figure has held up great, in my opinion def worth it. I don't see them reissuing it but who knows? The reissues and issues seem to be shadowing what the statue companies are doing so I'm guessing it's a license thing, but I haven't seen any new terminator merch, especially not older.

As far as I know the belt is the only issue because the rest of the outfit is vinyl, not pleather.

I don't see them revisiting Terminator whether it be new figures or reissues. If they did it'd seem totally out of left field from their priorities today which are Star Wars and Superheroes.

Though their return to Back to the Future was surprising it must be said.

I'd say $500 isn't too bad of a deal in 2020 and yes, the belt will most likely have self terminated by now. The outfit is made of PVC (same as the MMS117) and in extreme circumstances, can crack but it's extremely rare. Probably best to apply some 303 to it though.

As for HT revisiting the franchisee, no one knows since with the surprise announcement of the Delorean, anything can happen although the likely-hood is very low since the brand recognition hasn't been as dead as it is today.

I don't see them revisiting Terminator whether it be new figures or reissues. If they did it'd seem totally out of left field from their priorities today which are Star Wars and Superheroes.

Though their return to Back to the Future was surprising it must be said.
Yeah thats why I am wondering. I was not expected to see the Back to the Future figure reissued, especially the Dolorean. Hence why I was like, would they reissue T2 or Robocop or any other old IPs. But then again you are right that their main focus is SW and Marvel with a bit of DC love lol.

I'd say $500 isn't too bad of a deal in 2020 and yes, the belt will most likely have self terminated by now. The outfit is made of PVC (same as the MMS117) and in extreme circumstances, can crack but it's extremely rare. Probably best to apply some 303 to it though.

As for HT revisiting the franchisee, no one knows since with the surprise announcement of the Delorean, anything can happen although the likely-hood is very low since the brand recognition hasn't been as dead as it is today.
Yeah, I have seen him selling for $600 but I also have seen offers for $475 so wasnt sure where the $500 stood as of 2022. Also as for the belt form the pics that I was sent it looks like it is still holding. And I also agree that the popularity if the IP is not as big as it might have been 8 years ago. Also we seen todays figure being higher quality in the HS (at least some) compared to the figures back then although some are exceptions like the Robocop BD and DX08. So hope T2 is as good as those.

Yeah, I have seen him selling for $600 but I also have seen offers for $475 so wasnt sure where the $500 stood as of 2022. Also as for the belt form the pics that I was sent it looks like it is still holding. And I also agree that the popularity if the IP is not as big as it might have been 8 years ago. Also we seen todays figure being higher quality in the HS (at least some) compared to the figures back then although some are exceptions like the Robocop BD and DX08. So hope T2 is as good as those.
I'd say the sculpt and paint is as good as the BD Robo and DX08 and definitely one of the best HT releases even today. I mean, I can name a loooot of flaws with it but who cares? I think the days where the community (including myself) nitpicks a Terminator figure should be put to an end since we're now at a stage where we're just grateful to have them.

I'd say the sculpt and paint is as good as the BD Robo and DX08 and definitely one of the best HT releases even today. I mean, I can name a loooot of flaws with it but who cares? I think the days where the community (including myself) nitpicks a Terminator figure should be put to an end since we're now at a stage where we're just grateful to have them.
Yeah you right. Sounds like T2 is one of those figures that you have what you have and be grateful as no reissue is on the horizon and it might never come. But if you say that the HS is as good as BD Robo and DX08 then I guess I will go with it and grab it. Hopefully it does not disappoint and it worth the money. The Terminator is the only figure from the classics that is missing from my collection.

BTW: Did you end up selling yours? if yes, do you regret it?

Last edited:
Personally I think the DX13 heads could be better but there's no guarantee even if Hot Toys did revisit that new heads would be better. So the fact is DX13 is the best BD T2 in the scale right now with seemingly little likelihood that that will change any time soon. Meanwhile, all the best customizers and freelance sculptors out there don't seem to do Arnold. So there's no superior custom heads alternative as there often is with Star Wars, Marvel and DC characters.

And DX13 overall is an amazingly packed set - when you open the box you'll be very happy with all the goodies and options you see before you.

Personally I think the DX13 heads could be better but there's no guarantee even if Hot Toys did revisit that new heads would be better. So the fact is DX13 is the best BD T2 in the scale right now with seemingly little likelihood that that will change any time soon. Meanwhile, all the best customizers and freelance sculptors out there don't seem to do Arnold. So there's no superior custom heads alternative as there often is with Star Wars, Marvel and DC characters.

And DX13 overall is an amazingly packed set - when you open the box you'll be very happy with all the goodies and options you see before you.
Thanks man! I decided to go ahead and get him due to these same reasons you stated. Maybe HT will revisit, maybe they wont. It is a mystery with them. But even IF they do how know how many years that will be from announcement to release. I really hope is arrives safe and in great condition as the seller described it. I am excited! He was the only classic figure missing from my collection. Now I am done hunting old releases of classic grail figures, because they sure are expensive!

Congrats on adding this to your collection! I'd also suggest watching out for the little leather tassels on the zippers. I had a couple that basically turned white from friction while I was switching out hands (switching jackets/arms is also tricky for the same reason).

I've considered selling mine at various times when I need to raise money or clear shelf space, but I always end up keeping it because it is a really nicely done figure (that shines when posed properly), plus T2 was one of my favorite movies growing up.

Congrats on adding this to your collection! I'd also suggest watching out for the little leather tassels on the zippers. I had a couple that basically turned white from friction while I was switching out hands (switching jackets/arms is also tricky for the same reason).

I've considered selling mine at various times when I need to raise money or clear shelf space, but I always end up keeping it because it is a really nicely done figure (that shines when posed properly), plus T2 was one of my favorite movies growing up.
Thanks man! I am really excited. I will make sure to be careful with the little leather tassels on the zippers. Thanks for pointing that out. I am glad you have not sold it, given the fact that is from what I have been reading and hearing, one of HTs best and also the best 1/6th version of the T2. Plus all the indication that we might never get another one from HT or if it happens who knows how long, is even bigger reason to hold on to it as long as possible.

Definitely an amazing figure. I ended up acquiring the battle damaged T1 figure but T2 was more the movie from my childhood.

I hope HT re-releases the T2 but really hard to predict if they'll do it and what their rationale is for the re-issues -- anniversaries, doing it to hold on to a license. Who really knows.
Congrats on the pickup! :clap

DX13 is probably my second favourite after the Tech-Noir fig. Probably because I prefer T1 over T2.

Its weird that it seems no unlicensed Terminator 1/6 figs ever seem to leak out. It seems that HT are done with the licence, who knows if anyone will pick it up, maybe not so much interest in the Terminator franchise anymore?

DX13 is probably my second favourite after the Tech-Noir fig. Probably because I prefer T1 over T2.

Its weird that it seems no unlicensed Terminator 1/6 figs ever seem to leak out. It seems that HT are done with the licence, who knows if anyone will pick it up, maybe not so much interest in the Terminator franchise anymore?
Mybe… Just maybe… We see Queen Studios continuing the Terminator line, now when they’ve announced their 1:6 line.

Guys T-800 finally arrived in the collection. I am blown away how cool this figure looks. The head sculpt is phenomenal, the details, the paint, the presence, everything. This is the last one of the classic movies figures that I was after and I was finally able to get him. No belt flacking, no jacket or pant flacking either. For almost a 10 year old figure its impressive how good it looks and held up. The pleather did need some refreshing, so I applied some 303 and now it shines like new! Very happy to own this masterpiece of a figure. Now I need a T-1000 to go with it.

T2-T800.jpg

Guys T-800 finally arrived in the collection. I am blown away how cool this figure looks. The head sculpt is phenomenal, the details, the paint, the presence, everything. This is the last one of the classic movies figures that I was after and I was finally able to get him. No belt flacking, no jacket or pant flacking either. For almost a 10 year old figure its impressive how good it looks and held up. The pleather did need some refreshing, so I applied some 303 and now it shines like new! Very happy to own this masterpiece of a figure. Now I need a T-1000 to go with it.

View attachment 565798
Congrats! I consider it one of my top 5 figures in the collection.

Amazing that the belt is in good shape.

Back