Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the hard part about posing a fig for general display is finding something that looks good from more than one angle

the hard part about posing a fig for general display is finding something that looks good from more than one angle

I find DX10 particularly awkward in that regard. The interplay between the head and neck on that figure can look really unnatural. You might get one great angle but look at it from a different angle and it'll be terrible.

I gotta say from all the HT that have been released this one IMHO is the best over all. Not just because I'm a huge terminator fan, but for the figure intricacy, the abundance of accessories and a great head sculpt.

it's definitely one of the best

people that don't collect almost faint when I tell them how much it cost but those same people spend way more on jewelry and junk and all that is is some metal and rocks you can't even play with it

If you're a fan of pop culture and action figures, can you do much better than high-end 1/6?

not unless you have ALOT of money to blow to buy the screen used props. Like the Terminator HK tank they used in T2 that went for like 60K if I remember correctly. Even if you could afford that, where the hell you going to put it. That thing was like 5 1/2 ft long and about 3 or 4 ft high!!!

I find DX10 particularly awkward in that regard. The interplay between the head and neck on that figure can look really unnatural. You might get one great angle but look at it from a different angle and it'll be terrible.
Yeah. Some figures need a neckless sculpt like Indy but when its not needed then it should be vetoed. I know your extreme distaste for it but the neckless sculpt/ attached neck body looks no worse than it does on a Soldier Story figures. Its atrocious. They exclusively use their necked body for all releases. Its a real pity because first off Soldier Story is a top rate military figure company. Realistic sculpt and great paint, excellent tailoring, and they probably make the best weapons out of all 1/6 companies imo. And the real zinger is the necked bodies are 100% unnecessary. They're military figures, so they're loaded down with layers of clothes and weapons etc and you never see the neckline. Thats almost all their figures. Its irritating to have that hideous seam at the head. And for whenever reason its worse on their figures than others.

Yeah I guess the biggest problem with neck less sculpts is the neck doesn't move with the head, you turn your own head left right up down the there is movement in your neck of course.
So it looks weird if you turn your figs head and the neck stays in the same position, that's the biggest compromise I can see.

Messed up my DX13 full BD head a bit, went to take some pictures and turn on the light and the magnet had came out of the head, Made a good effort to make sure I glued it back correctly but failed, now it repels:slap

Anyway heres the pics

DSCN0108_zps79d45621.jpg

DSCN0106_zps98ae9e39.jpg

DSCN0104_zpse54db44e.jpg

DSCN0105_zps387d1df7.jpg

Great pics Pete, but that's a bummer about the hs.

Thanks, I thought for some reason the head was still cheap to get, not the case:gah:

That's unfortunate about the magnet. Some really fantastic pics you've taken with that camera.:clap Love the closeup on this one.

Thanks, I'll figure out something, I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me though:(

RSCN0110_zpsc19df43e.jpg

Back