Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are we all in agreement this is the BEST HT figure of 2012 (so far..)..I think so

For now.

Loki Avengers looks more impressive for me. I'm sure if they do everything right with TDKR bats, that'll top it.

Most impressive sculpt will probably go to DX11 laughing. Not just for likeness, but simply the detail in the thing.

This is not letting any loyalties to the source influence judgment, just simply looking the engineering and detail of the figures.

I agree, it is the best figure of 2012, though I can see Loki running it a good close competition. I will have to wait until I see Loki in hand for the final choice from me, but right now it's the '89 with no doubt.

As for the DKR figure...I don't know, just how many attempts will they get at the same figure before people get a bit bored with all the variations? That's why I like the uniqueness of the '89, there's no way they can make it hugely better so that is pretty much that for re-releases.

[ame="https://youtu.be/kLY1xLZpLZA"]https://youtu.be/kLY1xLZpLZA[/ame]Please have a look at this video , as i repose my batman into the pose that was called on these boards as "theclipperking pose" thanks bruvas

https://youtu.be/kLY1xLZpLZA
Please have a look at this video , as i repose my batman into the pose that was called on these boards as "theclipperking pose" thanks bruvas

roto2rie.gif

since hot toys is making a tdkr batman with real cloth undersuit, i wonder if they will redo the keaton with a real undersuit ?

Got him today! But... One of his left gauntlet fins is bent away from the other two. And his left elbow seems too loose and can barely hold any pose, but the right elbow can easily do 90 degrees. Any fixes for this?

Last edited:
I agree, it is the best figure of 2012, though I can see Loki running it a good close competition. I will have to wait until I see Loki in hand for the final choice from me, but right now it's the '89 with no doubt.

As for the DKR figure...I don't know, just how many attempts will they get at the same figure before people get a bit bored with all the variations? That's why I like the uniqueness of the '89, there's no way they can make it hugely better so that is pretty much that for re-releases.

Well DKR figure might not be out this calendar year.........so yeah figure of 2012!
However it still gets my vote and the new DX DKR figure looks fantastic...but a rework of a figure already produced. 89 Bats is first and unique!:yess:

Got him today! But... One of his left gauntlet fins is bent away from the other two. And his left elbow seems too loose and can barely hold any pose, but the right elbow can easily do 90 degrees. Any fixes for this?

Asking for a replacement would be the best way to go if you've just received it :lecture

Well DKR figure might not be out this calendar year.........so yeah figure of 2012!
However it still gets my vote and the new DX DKR figure looks fantastic...but a rework of a figure already produced. 89 Bats is first and unique!:yess:

Also agree! The Chris Reeve Supes is a close second imo though..

So are we all in agreement this is the BEST HT figure of 2012 (so far..)..I think so

Much agreed. The likeness is perfect. To be able to see Keatons likeness with just just some eyes and mouthpieces just blows my mind every time I look at him. Then you got the awesome suit and plenty of the movies gadgets. This is a perfect HT figure. Rock on!

Ordered two of these guys from viking playground , now the long wait. For now looking at your pictures will have to do.

Keaton Batman was my first 12 inch figure and, probably safe to say, will be my favourite for a long time. He doesn't get played much (can't move him around that much anyway) but I'm won over by the sheer detail and uncanny likeness.

they need to make an actual vinyl spandex undersuit with the armor glued to it, so hes more flexible and easier to pose. if there gonna release a tdkr batman with cloth undersuit and rubber armor glued to it, they can EASILY do that with the 89 armor

Ordered two of these guys from viking playground , now the long wait. For now looking at your pictures will have to do.

You will LOVE this figure- ultimate Keaton Bats, just plain great.........HT struck gold on this one.:wave

Hello everybody!
I`m new here and this Batman is my first ever Hot Toys.It`s just brilliant! I can`t wait for the Returns one now. :)
Anyway,the only thing that is really annoying with this figure is the cape.And I noticed that some people are making custom ones.I personally am happy with how the cape LOOKS - like leather.But it lacks weight.That`s why what I decided to do is to make it a bit more animatable. :) Now it can be posed in any desired position.It still takes some time and nerves to do it right (which is not the case here,because I was in a hurry). But I think it works and it`s really easy to do it without damaging anything!!!You can easily undo it any time you like.Here are some pics to how it looks.If you`re interested I can explain how to do it yourselves.
Cheers!
IMG_2930_resize.jpg

IMG_2933_resize.jpg

IMG_2932_resize.jpg

IMG_2935_resize.jpg

I got my spare cape this weekend and did the mod. I must say, I absolutely loathe this ____ing cape. Period.

Where did you get the extra cape? ebay? Ive been wanting to get an extra cape aswell but they all seem pricey.

Back