Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any pictures on the "how to" of the removal of the cape lining yet? as soon as i see the steps, im gonna start it on my keatons cape.

Still working on mine.

You could begin by cutting a hole in the inside fabric and then cutting away as much of it as you can up to the edges. The tricky part is deciding what to do at the seams...

BTW, you will need a sharp scissors.

Cape mod teaser.

IMG_7949.jpg

No wire, no paper clips, about two minutes of futzing.

What's the Elvis cape mod?

Here's some more pics.

All in all I think it lays better and require almost zero futzing.

So once again I removed completely the inner lining and the wire.

Only complaint is that the inside of the cape is grey but I can live with that.

P1030473.jpg

P1030477.jpg

I don't think I did it exactly the same as he did, but it's basically the same...

Good lord, 12000 posts!

Really, the wire in the bottom of the cape is the culprit?

I was entertaining the idea of slipping pennies thru the slit where the poles go and dropping a penny in each point of the scallop to see if the weight would help.

What do you think of that plan?

That's why i thought the pennies or some small weight would help solve the issue with the drape. You get eight pennies in that cape and that's a pretty good pull on the material.

It may just be me, but don't you think that with this mod, the upper scallops of the cowl piece (that drape over the shoulders and lead down to the emblem) end up standing a little proud?

Like it shows a little that the whole cowl/mask piece was designed to sit on top of all those layers, and that you get a slight gap without them?

Looks great Mag

gold would be heavier to way it down

when i pick up a spare cape , i'm going to put lead in the bottom

like roofing lead for chimmneys (very heavy)

It may just be me, but don't you think that with this mod, the upper scallops of the cowl piece (that drape over the shoulders and lead down to the emblem) end up standing a little proud?

Like it shows a little that the whole cowl/mask piece was designed to sit on top of all those layers, and that you get a slight gap without them?

Maybe, but if so, that's an easy fix. I've heated up the cowl before to get it to lay flater, and I could do that again. If that didn't work (and I'm sure it will) one could build up the shoulders with a fabric collar of some kind.

when i pick up a spare cape , i'm going to put lead in the bottom

like roofing lead for chimmneys (very heavy)

Good call. I think anything that has some weight to it; even a fishing weight that's small enough could work.

i definitely think that's the solution. I'd personally rather leave the wire in so I can shape the drape and curls at the bottom... but at the end of the day I'd really like to have the cape just hang like a regular cap and be done with it.

I'd worry that sticking anything in there would make it look all lumpy along the bottom.

Back