Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just FREAKIN HATE this stupid cape... arrrgh >_<

The trick is to bend the heck out of the bottom, don't follow the cuts as a rule on where to zigzag the wire, zig zag it on your own a few times within each cut you can get it to fall quite nicely against his body without any clips and if you do need clips, just one or two bobby pins buried deep on the inside of the folds will do the trick.

So what's the problem with the cape? I haven't got mine yet so I don't understand what's going on.

It's just too poofy and does not drape right on it's own. You just need to manually get it to lay the way you like it, just takes a lot of futzing. The wire must be very strong since I bent mine complete 180 degrees and it just does not want to snap.

I dunno why I signed up to this forum, I can see my spending going from bad to very bad, so many nice figures and collectibles lol.

Me and a friend were discussing last week about how we need to stop visiting neogaf because we kept buying games....now I have signed up here!!!

2 days of being on here and I have so far bought Batman Anthology blu ray and hopefully going to get a bank robber joker.

I dunno why I signed up to this forum, I can see my spending going from bad to very bad, so many nice figures and collectibles lol.

Me and a friend were discussing last week about how we need to stop visiting neogaf because we kept buying games....now I have signed up here!!!

2 days of being on here and I have so far bought Batman Anthology blu ray and hopefully going to get a bank robber joker.

Geek GAF represent bruh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Darn! I should be working on commission...erm, no er sorry, I mean, I'm glad to have been helpful.

Geek GAF represent bruh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Uh oh, is that Olivia Wilde I see D:

What is a good value for this figure btw? In the UK cheapest I can find is £200ish on eBay, was thinking of asking for one for my birthday but that might be a stretch unless everyone pulls together and I put some towards it but it looks like such a good figure that I will regret in a few years if i don't buy it!

It's just too poofy and does not drape right on it's own. You just need to manually get it to lay the way you like it, just takes a lot of futzing. The wire must be very strong since I bent mine complete 180 degrees and it just does not want to snap.

I think mine might actually have snapped in one spot. But yes I bent the crap out of mine too. You almost need two. Ome to bend the crap out of for standing poses and one to leave unbent if you want to give him the wings spread look

Uh oh, is that Olivia Wilde I see D:

What is a good value for this figure btw? In the UK cheapest I can find is £200ish on eBay, was thinking of asking for one for my birthday but that might be a stretch unless everyone pulls together and I put some towards it but it looks like such a good figure that I will regret in a few years if i don't buy it!
Not sure what the exchange rate is for £200 to $$$ but here in the US they go for around $249 on Amazon and $239 at Sideshow. If £200 is close to $200 then Id say it's a good price. :)

So frustrated... I want to post pictures but everytime I do it never shows. Apparently I have to "Wait" for the pics to get verified which never happened obviously. :slap

Not sure what the exchange rate is for £200 to $$$ but here in the US they go for around $249 on Amazon and $239 at Sideshow. If £200 is close to $200 then Id say it's a good price. :)

Not even close my friend. At today's rate, $200 U.S. is £309.78

$249 = £385.63

So The DX Bespin Luke would sting UK buyer to the tune of £464.62 (going by SSC's base figure of $299.99)

I have said in other threads a few times that sadly, our American fellow-Freak-Cousins sometimes do not grasp just how expensive it is to live in Britain.

Couldn't agree more - Hot Toys prices are painful in Britain.
I remember buying Original Costume Batman about 4? ish years ago when it was first released and I only paid £150 and that included postage, brand new. The cheapest you can get a regular MMS figure now is about £200. If you wan't a DX it's about £250 and if you want an exclusive its £350. So the exclusive OC Batman now is $541 in American dollars

I was looking at the new Avengers Mark VI and look at the price on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Toys...713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4603d0fd59

£465 = $719

MENTAL - I am more than happy now to buy second hand HT figs because it saves hundreds.

$249 = £385.63

So The DX Bespin Luke would sting UK buyer to the tune of £464.62 (going by SSC's base figure of $299.99)

I have said in other threads a few times that sadly, our American fellow-Freak-Cousins sometimes do not grasp just how expensive it is to live in Britain.
Damn, That sucks.

Well if I'm reading this right, And I'm probably not, £200 would be around $125 or less. In that case I'd still say that £200 is a good price.

I remember buying Original Costume Batman about 4? ish years ago when it was first released and I only paid £150 and that included postage, brand new. The cheapest you can get a regular MMS figure now is about £200. If you wan't a DX it's about £250 and if you want an exclusive its £350. So the exclusive OC Batman now is $541 in American dollars

I was looking at the new Avengers Mark VI and look at the price on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Toys...713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4603d0fd59

£465 = $719

MENTAL - I am more than happy now to buy second hand HT figs because it saves hundreds.

While prices here in Europe are very high, you are really exaggerating. Just checking one site (collectiblekitbash.co.uk), MMS prices are between £149.99 and £175, while DX Joker is £199.99. Shipping to Germany is £16, so I can't see it being more than £10 inside the UK. And this is just one site, I bet there are even cheaper options if you look around.

And £150 for OC Bats 4 years ago was waaaay overpriced. I paid 135€ back then shipped from Asia, which equals about £110 (and shipping from Hong Kong to Germany is not cheaper than shipping to the U.K.).

$249 = £385.63

While I'm being a smartass anyway:

You have it mixed up. $200 USD does not equal £309.78, it's the other way around --> £200 = $309

So $249 = £161.

Of course you have to add shipping, possible tax etc., so it's more expensive at the end, but $249 is nowhere near £385 at the end.

£465 = $719

What are talking about? I never pay over the odds for my Hot Toys.

If you buy from places like Play, Amazon or Forbidden planet they yeah, you will pay those crazy prices.
UK stores Kitbash and One Sixth Bruce are the way to go.
I have 37 Hot toys and they either are from Loontenttoy in China or those two stores.

Back