Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hathaway wasn?t catwoman just a woman in tight leather whole stole crap. Pfiefer was catwoman. the cat puns, the whip , the way she acted , the sharp nails and treading the line the line between good and evil. I rather have returns catwoman anyday

Yeah, I?d lose the PERS and ditch the one piece rubber suit. This has been discussed for years.

Give him a new cowl head with no seams. Design it like BvS Affleck and have the three eye plate panels (netrual, looking to the left, looking to he right) that feed up into the figure?s head. Give him 4 new faces that are actually different from one another. An angry face is a must.

The suit should be a cross between their Spider-Man/Stormtroopers/TDK Batman. Under suit made out of fabric with 6 pieces of sculpted plastic vinyl, silicone chest/torso armor, leggings, forearm and knee pads sewn and glued over top of it. No rubber, all the articulation one could need. Simple as that.

Make sure the elbows and knees are on ratchets for extra durability and make a nice thin cape with some weight to it with no gimmicks. Boom. Done. $280

Yup. There isn't much more to improve once those are done. I would love a sculpt without the ugly seam. Sure, you can't see it but it's nice to have a solid piece of art. And the cape. Jesus. There have been a zillion customs of this thing for years. It's ridiculous. I bought a second one, cut out the inner lining, and dyed it. Boom.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I wish my Batman had ratchet elbow articulation.
Add that to the list if there is going to be a rerelease.

Hi fellas, my Batman's been on display for a while now, and I was dismayed when I took it down for cleaning recently to see blemishes have begun to appear in the leather cape. You can see the white spots with a slight roughness to them, almost like the leather's deteriorated. It hasn't been in a particularly moist or dry environment, so I'm wondering what would have caused this.

Most importantly, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend treatment, preferably one that doesn't involve stripping all of the leather texture from the cape.
IMG_1228[1].jpg

Re: Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Hi fellas, my Batman's been on display for a while now, and I was dismayed when I took it down for cleaning recently to see blemishes have begun to appear in the leather cape. You can see the white spots with a slight roughness to them, almost like the leather's deteriorated. It hasn't been in a particularly moist or dry environment, so I'm wondering what would have caused this.

Most importantly, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend treatment, preferably one that doesn't involve stripping all of the leather texture from the cape.
View attachment 505974

I have the same issue. I don't think it's anything you've done, I think it's just inevitable deterioration. Truthfully, I suggest getting a custom cape. Though I don't own one myself, Jaxon makes capes for this figure that are quite popular and not too expensive.

I have a wired cape for this figure from Unreal, which is also a good option (though more costly).

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Yeah definitely second getting a custom cape, it?ll make it like a new figure.
Jaxon & unrealtoys are who to go to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same issue. I don't think it's anything you've done, I think it's just inevitable deterioration. Truthfully, I suggest getting a custom cape. Though I don't own one myself, Jaxon makes capes for this figure that are quite popular and not too expensive.

I have a wired cape for this figure from Unreal, which is also a good option (though more costly).

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I have a Jaxon cape on my Returns Bat -- they're great.

Yeah definitely second getting a custom cape, it?ll make it like a new figure.
Jaxon & unrealtoys are who to go to

Thanks for the responses guys. Looking through the previous pages, the Jaxon cape looks like it's up my alley, and I'm glad to see they still seem to be in production all this time later.

Is the best way to purchase one through Facebook?

Thanks for the responses guys. Looking through the previous pages, the Jaxon cape looks like it's up my alley, and I'm glad to see they still seem to be in production all this time later.

Is the best way to purchase one through Facebook?

I personally contact them via Instagram & I I find they respond very quickly.
Instagram is: unrealtoys &
jjjjjjaxon

After all of these years my Batman’s elbow will no longer remain bent at 90 degrees the way it used to. Anyone else have that? Still a great figure though.

DSC_0542.jpegDSC_0540.jpeg

After all of these years my Batman’s elbow will no longer remain bent at 90 degrees the way it used to. Anyone else have that? Still a great figure though.[...]

An outstanding figure, and nice shots. I saw a comparison video (DX09 and Returns) with Dean Knight I think? His didn't hold anymore either.

An outstanding figure, and nice shots. I saw a comparison video (DX09 and Returns) with Dean Knight I think? His didn't hold anymore either.
Thanks! In that case, here is to hoping ratcheted shoulders and elbows might someday become the norm underneath any heavy fabric or rubber suits.

Thanks! In that case, here is to hoping ratcheted shoulders and elbows might someday become the norm underneath any heavy fabric or rubber suits.

I haven't checked on my museum-posed-looming Returns figure in a long time, but I'm pretty sure it has ratcheted joints.

Returns has the ratchet joints but not the 89. Mine hasn't been able to hold a bent arm pose either in over a year. Not a big deal to me since I have him posed with a custom cape behind his arms.

Mine never held a pose out of the box which is why its one of my bigger regrets. Ratchet joints are the way to go but i fear the suit would then wear out faster or be stretched if left in a bent pose so i dont know.

I’m hoping they revise this like TDK Bats and offer one with an upgraded body and different suit construction design. It’s one of the best looking figures HT has ever done but it’s more of a slightly poseable statue than an action figure.

Back