Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bats vs Pred, cool, but who wins in a fight? I think Pred probably rips Bats head off.:lol

Have you seen Batman v Superman?

Batman: Why did you say that name?!!!!
Predator: Uncle...UNCLE!!!

UyDit2A.jpg

Question for you fellow collectors who own a Tony Mei drape cape. Found an ebay seller claiming to sell a legit Tony Mei cape. By looking at the Ebay listing, can you tell if it's legit? I've never owned a Tony Mei cape so I'm not sure how to tell if it's legit. Here's the Ebay listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372981859567

Here are some pics of the cape on Ebay.

e50285e361315812ba00fdce48e5510f.jpg
b95e7d44f513a9e707db8ceefd4d9473.jpg
d24e3feb46b9cd64228bc3db7b7d7b5a.jpg
146b3ce0bd1e9eefc990ecb2745c9de9.jpg
bc0c5f2e275bc75afe7342bc548ab85a.jpg

Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Question for you fellow collectors who own a Tony Mei drape cape. Found an ebay seller claiming to sell a legit Tony Mei cape. By looking at the Ebay listing, can you tell if it's legit? I've never owned a Tony Mei cape so I'm not sure how to tell if it's legit. Here's the Ebay listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372981859567

Here are some pics of the cape on Ebay.

e50285e361315812ba00fdce48e5510f.jpg
b95e7d44f513a9e707db8ceefd4d9473.jpg
d24e3feb46b9cd64228bc3db7b7d7b5a.jpg
146b3ce0bd1e9eefc990ecb2745c9de9.jpg
bc0c5f2e275bc75afe7342bc548ab85a.jpg

I own a Tony Mei cape for this figure. The one in those photos looks just like mine. The size of the swoops at the bottom, the material of the lining, outer material, the vertical seams, the neck piece, and the original shipping box all look legit to me.
The seller has excellent feedback.
My only concerns are:
-Original shipper not included
-no returns
-the option to up the quantity to buy 7 capes...
Those three things make me think you might not receive the item pictured and instead could receive a knockoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

I own a Tony Mei cape for this figure. The one in those photos looks just like mine. The size of the swoops at the bottom, the material of the lining, outer material, the vertical seams, the neck piece, and the original shipping box all look legit to me.
The seller has excellent feedback.
My only concerns are:
-Original shipper not included
-no returns
-the option to up the quantity to buy 7 capes...
Those three things make me think you might not receive the item pictured and instead could receive a knockoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's exactly what stood out to me also. I doubt this guy bought 7+ of the same capes but then again you never know. Oh well. Thanks for your input Cicada, much appreciated bud[emoji482].

Re: Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

That's exactly what stood out to me also. I doubt this guy bought 7+ of the same capes but then again you never know. Oh well. Thanks for your input Cicada, much appreciated bud[emoji482].

Yeah I'm with Cicada. He did indeed buy a TM cape as shown in the pics. However, due to the quantity available, he is most likely sending out knockoffs he or someone else made using Tony's as a template because I'm pretty sure TM limits how many of each piece you can buy due to high demand.

Confinement chapter 3,

Hope everyone and your family is well.

Took the time to work on my DX 09 battle damage.
Added some dust and weathering on the cowl and cape. Love it, seems so alive!

The base is the returns, I think I’m gonna work on it in the Cathedral style.

Confinement chapter 3,

Hope everyone and your family is well.

Took the time to work on my DX 09 battle damage.
Added some dust and weathering on the cowl and cape. Love it, seems so alive!

The base is the returns, I think I’m gonna work on it in the Cathedral style.

Man he looks so good.
I couldn't even think of trying to weather my one but I do definitely need to get a drape cape to replace the Hot Toys one

Neil

Thanks guys.

Better light:

Neil:

It’s the HT stock cape. Just de-lined and de-wired. And the magic trick: my wife ironed it. Makes the difference! :wink1:

Back