Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is still perfect and I bought mine brand new when it first came out. I've always toyed with the idea of putting some sort of treatment on it to help prevent any deterioration but haven't done so.

Nothing wrong with mine either. Must be climate for those suffering damages -- either very dry or very humid.

I've had mine out since 2009 or whenever this was released.

Me too-mines as good as when it came out the box back in the day-been in a detolf which does get a little sunlight but it?s perfect.
I?m in Scotland tho so we don?t get that much sun [emoji23]
Only moved the pers once tho for that out of the corner of the eye look-wouldn?t try it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My DX09 is in the detolf, in my collection room, which I try not to go in very often, I handle the fig once every 6 months for its dust removal. Fig is still in amazing condition.

6V1MFU4.jpg

i honestly had a spare batman returns figure that never used or display i opened it to check it out and was dry, i just use some good ole leather protectant to keep it al nourished so it doesn?t dry up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand why leather treatment is helpful if the suit is made of rubber not leather. Rubber and leather have totally different material properties. Any thoughts?

I think my figure is starting to deteriorate as it feels sticky and there are a few spots that have turned a flat color isntead if the slight gloss. Is there anyway to fix this and help prevent and further issues?

If Mezco’s approach, the suit being a Phicen-like body, pans out and does allow for good articulation, it’d be a great way for Hot Toys to revisit these old Batman suits. Or a 3rd party just needs to make Phicen-like 1/6 bodies molded off the different suits.

I think my figure is starting to deteriorate as it feels sticky and there are a few spots that have turned a flat color isntead if the slight gloss. Is there anyway to fix this and help prevent and further issues?

Exact same thing happening with mine. Some have suggested using leather treatments but the suit is made of rubber not leather. Leather and rubber have totally different material properties so I'm not sure what a leather treatment would do. Maybe some kind of spray used to tires would work since they are rubber?

Exact same thing happening with mine. Some have suggested using leather treatments but the suit is made of rubber not leather. Leather and rubber have totally different material properties so I'm not sure what a leather treatment would do. Maybe some kind of spray used to tires would work since they are rubber?

Well I ended up using Picards leather treatment and seems to have helped as it has that slight gloss it had originally and the grey spots turned back to black. So far it seems to have worked but who knows later down the road.

I bought a returns cape and dewired it to and put it on my 89. Drapes batter but still puffs out a bit in the bottom. Any tips?

Personally after dewired mine on my BD DX09, I gave it to my wife who ironed it and it worked perfectly.

:wink1:

Personally after dewired mine on my BD DX09, I gave it to my wife who ironed it and it worked perfectly.

:wink1:

Battle damage Batman looks awesome there. I always wanted to have one too but never got an extra to make it. Love the resurgence of pictures for the figure and the Batmobile. Keaton Batman rules. I love the original suit the best but the Returns cowl makes him look meaner.

Me too, DX09 and the Batmobile put me in the hobby. The Batman 89 releases are maybe some of the best HT produced.
Just imagine the Battle Damaged Batman standing next to the Jazz 1/6 Batwing with the canopy open...
Why is it so expensive...:monkey2

I don’t remember exactly but yes certainly or you can put a laundry between the iron and the leather to protect it.

Back