Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legit...who cares, we want comedy.

In all serious though I agree the three face plates were all excellent and add a different vibe to the figure.

Nice picture Chev. :hi5:

Yeah the bloodied one is great. I sure there was picture way back in the thread of someone who roughed up the suit with the bloodied mouth plate and it looked awesome.

Hot Toys 'MVP' -

*snip*

Using Tony's 2.5 cape. I have another custom cape coming from Italy so I will see what that is like when it arrives.

Even though as nice as that is, there's a big difference in blacks and texture.

do you guys think the new version will be dx? I am thinking of just waiting for that to come out. it will look better and hopefully a head sculpt. I guess need to pic up jack first now.

who is the third ? Batman forever? Or do you mean in the keaton movies?

I guess i should wait then. I dont think they will redo 89 joker again so i need to pick that up asap.

Please please let it be true about Penguin. I would also buy a Pfeiffer catwoman. Probably wouldn't do another Keaton batman tho. One is enough unless it's a big enough improvement to warrant selling my '89 Batman.

Please please let it be true about Penguin. I would also buy a Pfeiffer catwoman. Probably wouldn't do another Keaton batman tho. One is enough unless it's a big enough improvement to warrant selling my '89 Batman.

Not an improvement, it's a completely different suit.

Not an improvement, it's a completely different suit.

Yes, but I only need one batman hot toy. So it would have to be an improvement, meaning be a better sculpt, come with more accessories I want, or improve on things like the 89s limited movement, for me to want to buy it. I'm not gonna get it just bc it's different suit. I'm a batman fan, but not a big enough one to have multiples, even if the costumes are different. To me it's still Keaton. Far as I'm concerned the costumes are reverently similar.

We have different definitions of the word completely. Keaton suit is completely different than Bale suit. Batman to Batman Returns have minor differences.

one of the must underrated figure, you can get below $200 for very mint condition in my country. but still its the best figure ever produce by hot toys, along with 89 batmobile . its a fine art guys... i only have one thing to say, "GET IT"

Batman to Batman Returns have minor differences.

I am not trying to wind you up SJ, but the differences between the '89 suit and the BR suit are more real than you might think. They basically went back and totally redesigned it from scratch. I think that the only thing that remained the same - more-or-less - was the cape. Even the symbol/shield on his chest was different.

However, I am not going to accuse you of not being a fan if you don't buy it. We buy what we want for our collections and that's what makes us all different, and our collections.

I personally cannot wait and will buy it, and hopefully the cat and the bird too.

I am not trying to wind you up SJ, but the differences between the '89 suit and the BR suit are more real than you might think. They basically went back and totally redesigned it from scratch. I think that the only thing that remained the same - more-or-less - was the cape. Even the symbol/shield on his chest was different.

However, I am not going to accuse you of not being a fan if you don't buy it. We buy what we want for our collections and that's what makes us all different, and our collections.

I personally cannot wait and will buy it, and hopefully the cat and the bird too.

Not winding me up. It's cool. I see the differences, but for me, my memory of the first two batman movies is of the same Batman. The suit has the same basic design and the differences are smaller to me, the same way I don't see a ton of differences between mark 3 and 4 iron man armors. I know they are there, and if I sit and look at them side by side, like one of those "spot the differences" pictures, I can point out all the differences, of which there are many. But if I look at one, then look at the other, and just kind of take it all in as a whole, I see two very similar suits. That's how my memory works, and my interest in buying any Batman hot toy to begin with is based on my fond memories of watching them as a kid, when I certainly didn't have a hugely discerning eye.

I don't have a problem at all with people seeing them as different enough to own both. I only contested calling them "completely" different. For me, I have to see glaring differences at a glance for the term "completely" to apply, because... Well... I take the word "completely" for what it actually means. :)

But I'm a pain in the *** that way. I'm fine calling the suits different, just not completely different.

And like I said, I very well may buy a Batman returns Hot Toy, it would just mean I would in all likelihood sell my '89 batman. I have somewhat of an agreement with the missus that I will only have one real representation of a character in my collection, which is also a factor here for me.

Last edited:
Not winding me up. It's cool. I see the differences, but for me, my memory of the first two batman movies is of the same Batman. The suit has the same basic design and the differences are smaller to me, the same way I don't see a ton of differences between mark 3 and 4 iron man armors. I know they are there, and if I sit and look at them side by side, like one of those "spot the differences" pictures, I can point out all the differences, of which there are many. But if I look at one, then look at the other, and just kind of take it all in as a whole, I see two very similar suits. That's how my memory works, and my interest in buying any Batman hot toy to begin with is based on my fond memories of watching them as a kid, when it certainly didn't have a hugely discerning eye.

I don't have a problem at all with people seeing them as different enough to own both. I only contested calling them "completely" different. For me, I have to see glaring differences at a glance for the term "completely" to apply, because... Well... I take the word "completely" for what it actually means. :)

But I'm a pain in the *** that way. I'm fine calling the suits different, just not completely different.

And like I said, I very well may buy a Batman returns Hot Toy, it would just mean I would in all likelihood sell my '89 batman. I have somewhat of an agreement with the missus that I will only have one real representation of a character in my collection, which is also a factor here for me.

Well explained, thank you. Fair enough my friend. :duff

Even though as nice as that is, there's a big difference in blacks and texture.

Yeah I can't argue on that point vodoun although in certain lights it does all blend together.

I noticed that. I have the same Italian custome cape coming that Sidious does. I'm curious to see if they match.

Fingers crossed Chev. :pray:

Back