Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an offer for this figure MIB at $220. Should I get it?

Honestly, I'm a bit scared of MIB figures because so far I've been getting BIB ones even though they were labeled MIB.

Is the seller on eBay or SSC? Just go by feedback and hammer it home about the exact condition of it. 220$ is a steal but it might be too good to be true. I haven't looked recently but these are bound to start inflating in price in the next year or two.

Is the seller on eBay or SSC? Just go by feedback and hammer it home about the exact condition of it. 220$ is a steal but it might be too good to be true. I haven't looked recently but these are bound to start inflating in price in the next year or two.

It's at my local craigslist. I know the guy but it's the same dude who's been flogging BIB figures as MIB. Yeah, I'll drop him a line or two. So long as the price is still reasonable, I reckon I ought to buy it. After asking him about defects and stuff, of course. Thanks Snake.

il_fullxfull.404035286_gyb2.jpg

All of these photos makes me nostalgic.

Keaton as Batman is one of the few fond memories of my childhood. With four adoptions, moving all over the country and the typical Lifetime Channel nonsense seeing these photos makes me happy I had my twin brother with me.

Can't wait until this arrives. Thanks fellas.

BIB = Back in box. It is mostly use for describing the toys were used and kept back into the box. Check to make sure everything is complete or any defective parts before purchase the item.
(https://zehobby.blogspot.com/2012/07/collectors-terms-what-is-misb-mib-and.html?m=1)

My seller's got a different take on it. BIB to him means opened for inspection or in some rare cases, and he'd be honest about it (good of him), used.

I've always been under the impression that with collector friendly packaging, something can be sold as MIB as long as it's complete and flawless.

"Collector friendly" refers to packaging like what Sideshow or Hot Toys uses. Meaning that it can be opened and inspected without damaging the packaging.

Personally it makes no difference to me whether a figure was displayed or only inspected. As long as it's not marred and it wasn't in a smokers home it's MIB IMO.

Yep. I don't care if the figure has been displayed as long as it's not damaged or from a pet/smoke home. It's not like we're playing with these things.

I've always been under the impression that with collector friendly packaging, something can be sold as MIB as long as it's complete and flawless.

"Collector friendly" refers to packaging like what Sideshow or Hot Toys uses. Meaning that it can be opened and inspected without damaging the packaging.

Personally it makes no difference to me whether a figure was displayed or only inspected. As long as it's not marred and it wasn't in a smokers home it's MIB IMO.

In the case of my CR Superman, which I got from the same bloke, it turned out all dusty. So I have to disagree with you there. Also, most people in my country smoke, as do I :monkey2

EDIT: Oh also, I managed to get this from a different bloke and after some haggling, managed to get it lowered down to $200 + free shipping LOL and it'll come with the brown box and also got Joker for $195 + free shipping but this one is MISB, though it has custom's seal on the brown box so it's a bit of a gamble as to whether the custom officer had it opened or not and can only hope if he/she did, they didn't nick anything from it.

Back