Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really doesn't bother me and I'll tell you why. They used camera trickery at times to suggest Michael Keaton was taller than his actual height. So therefore I think it is within reason to create the figure with the suggestive height in mind. None of us would like to think of Batman as a possibly less than average height man.

:goodpost::exactly: It's called Hollywood Magic. And they've been doing it since the day of silent movies when they made the leading man stand on a soap box so he would be taller then his leading lady. I seen Bruce Willis in person and he is tiny. But you don't get that impression from his movies like Die Hard.

See, I am in total agreement of that, on one hand. This is a figure of one specific interpretation of the Batman character not of Michael Keaton in a costume, just like the BB and TDK figures are slightly idealized versions of the Batman/Bruce Wayne character in those films, not Christian Bale in costume.

On the other hand, this partially explains why the Batmobile is very slightly too "tall" relative to its correctly proportioned length and width, and I am one of the biggest fans of the Hot Toys Batmobile. Even if it was proportioned to fit a "Michael Keaton-scale" figure, adjustments would have had to be made for him to fit---either on the car, as they apparently did for the prototype, or on the cowl as they did in the movie. But now that I know it is a "Batman-scale" figure, it's clear why the car has to give that much more to fit him.

Re: Alter Ego Tracking Number

Sweet! I had no idea, so that was a pleasant surprise.

It gets sweeter - AE replied to me on facebook that not only would the orders be split, but there would not be any additional shipping charges incurred. So double:yess:!!!

Where do you live? Here's my track from BBTS to OH.

Location Date Local Time Activity
Cincinnati, OH, United States 04/05/2012 12:56 P.M. DELIVERED
04/05/2012 5:25 A.M. Out For Delivery
04/05/2012 4:02 A.M. Arrival Scan
Maumee, OH, United States 04/04/2012 11:58 P.M. Departure Scan
04/04/2012 4:58 P.M. Arrival Scan
Hodgkins, IN, United States 04/04/2012 11:57 A.M. Departure Scan
04/04/2012 8:08 A.M. Arrival Scan
Hodgkins, IL, United States 04/04/2012 7:18 A.M. Departure Scan
04/04/2012 6:06 A.M. Arrival Scan
Eagan, MN, United States 04/03/2012 10:35 P.M. Departure Scan
04/03/2012 8:46 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 04/03/2012 10:03 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

2 days.:thud:

California.

batmanrh.jpg

Xenomorph your camera quality is amazing:clap, I watched this review in full screen and made a bag of popcorn:rotfl. You rock:rock

Got my 2nd one from AEC tonight; flawless....even better than the first one. The face sculpt is easier to switch out. Suit nice and dry. PERS hatch sits a bit more flush on the cowl. Outstanding! :clap

It resides on my desk right next to my 2nd CR Superman. :yess:

Now I have to wait a year to move it to the man cave & pose it with the 89 Batmobile....:impatient:

:rockthank you pixel bought now almost have 2 bats !!!!!!!!:wave bought cape and gauntlets way long time ago just need head boots ,belt sometime before car gets here.......

Last edited:
Back