Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fine..I'll back off,:monkey2, I started my own thread, but if anyone is wondering it is possible for this..
IMG_2384.jpg

Hey fellah , don't worry about it , I'm enjoying your pics and I find it encouraging that people in general are being so positive about this figure . I'll be honest , financial concerns have prevented me from shelling out for the majority of Hot Toys releases over the last couple of years ( and this is coming from someone who at one point was buying every Predator and Alien figure as they were released ) and my commitment to the 1/6 hobby has shifted to the custom/kitbashing side of things ( hence me spending most of my time in the "Star Wars customs" corner !:lol ). But , as soon as this figure was announced , I knew I just HAD to have it , as the '89 movie holds a very special place in my heart ( though in my opinion , it's dated pretty badly and actually shows Tim Burton wasn't really up to the job of directing such a "big " movie . But that's a contraversial opinion for another day ). Suffice to say , on the movies release , I was working for a cinema chain and this was in the days that the concept of the "multiplex " was VERY much in it's infancy here in the U.K ,( in fact , it was possibly only the second or third built ) so it was a very exciting enviroment for a young man to work in . So in 1989 ," BATMAN" was a HUGE deal and my cinema invested a great deal of time and effort to promote it . Long story short , I spent a lot of that summer appearing at local events,fairs ,shows etc , in my home made Batman oufit ! It was built from VERY little reference , ( basically the posters sent to promote the film ) but was surprisingly accurate , though extremely uncomfortable .
I'm the guy at the back with the big ears .

333_1041027458955_1023629657_30135816_9698_n.jpg

P.s , the guy with the guitar is meant to be " Yahoo Serious" ( bet you don't remember THAT movie ! ) and I wouldn't hold your breath for Hot Toys to pick up that license ! :rotfl

If there is any major blemish or speck that fell from it, it is clearly not anything to worry about. I mean I'm sure most of us are just sitting here staring trying our best to guess the spot in question. And even then they'd only be guesses. Stop worrying. It's fine.

You're really over doing it with the pics/repostings of pics Guyver. Don't you feel obnoxious? I mean, as soon as someone mentions something or posts a pic of their own (like Karnis and his great shot) you immediately spam the thread with pics that are either new or reposted.

Stop it.

Told you so.

Hey fellah , don't worry about it , I'm enjoying your pics and I find it encouraging that people in general are being so positive about this figure . I'll be honest , financial concerns have prevented me from shelling out for the majority of Hot Toys releases over the last couple of years ( and this is coming from someone who at one point was buying every Predator and Alien figure as they were released ) and my commitment to the 1/6 hobby has shifted to the custom/kitbashing side of things ( hence me spending most of my time in the "Star Wars customs" corner !:lol ). But , as soon as this figure was announced , I knew I just HAD to have it , as the '89 movie holds a very special place in my heart ( though in my opinion , it's dated pretty badly and actually shows Tim Burton wasn't really up to the job of directing such a "big " movie . But that's a contraversial opinion for another day ). Suffice to say , on the movies release , I was working for a cinema chain and this was in the days that the concept of the "multiplex " was VERY much in it's infancy here in the U.K ,( in fact , it was possibly only the second or third built ) so it was a very exciting enviroment for a young man to work in . So in 1989 ," BATMAN" was a HUGE deal and my cinema invested a great deal of time and effort to promote it . Long story short , I spent a lot of that summer appearing at local events,fairs ,shows etc , in my home made Batman oufit ! It was built from VERY little reference , ( basically the posters sent to promote the film ) but was surprisingly accurate , though extremely uncomfortable .
I'm the guy at the back with the big ears .

333_1041027458955_1023629657_30135816_9698_n.jpg

P.s , the guy with the guitar is meant to be " Yahoo Serious" ( bet you don't remember THAT movie ! ) and I wouldn't hold your breath for Hot Toys to pick up that license ! :rotfl

:lol Of course I remember him, I think that guy was a Carrot Top mimicker, but when I saw Yahoo, I've always think of Drop Dead Fred!

Beautiful pics, Sean, including the movie scene ones from earlier.

I haven't been too involved with the thread for a while. Can anyone tell me how much range the ankle's have? Same as the DX02 and previous HT Batman figures?

Question: I've got 2 more Flexpay payments left on this figure, one of which will be charged today. I placed my order on 5 September. Does anyone know if I'll be offered the chance to pay the full balance and have it shipped out early? I know it's in stock at Sideshow for those who pre-ordered. Thanks for your help!

If there is any major blemish or speck that fell from it, it is clearly not anything to worry about. I mean I'm sure most of us are just sitting here staring trying our best to guess the spot in question. And even then they'd only be guesses. Stop worrying. It's fine.

Very true... but then...

Marf spots it!

Arrgggghhh!! :p

M.

so whats the verdict on the suit? how much better is it than the previous Batman figures?

Seems more like the material used on the new muscle body figures than the old rubber suits to me, I can't comment on the OC rerelease or the Demon Batman suits, if there was any change there to the DX02 and older figures.

Question: I've got 2 more Flexpay payments left on this figure, one of which will be charged today. I placed my order on 5 September. Does anyone know if I'll be offered the chance to pay the full balance and have it shipped out early? I know it's in stock at Sideshow for those who pre-ordered. Thanks for your help!

I was all set up for flexpay and called sideshow right as I found out he was to be released early... I was told then (secretly) about the split shipment and asked not to say anything... well everyone know now so...

Anyway, at that time I asked if I could do one flexpay and then pay it off early, I was told that people that were paying in full would have first shipment and flexpayers would have to wait until the second shipment.

At that time I asked to be put on the full pay and I just held my money in my account until the processing began.

So unless something changed, I would say it would not be possible to pay him off early.

Call them and see though.

M.

Last edited:
Back