Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not talking about you personally, i saw a few comments from several people complaining about the quality of the pictures, and the amount posted. This is just my opinion about the matter, without disrespecting other opinions or specifically targeting forum members. Please take no offense.

None taken, just didn't want you to think I was attacking your photos. My photos aren't the greatest as I just own a cheap point and shot. Just being grumpy today, pay me no mind. :rotfl

he cape seems to thick or something. that figure with the draped back cape, the cape doesnt seem to fall right it shouldnt be all like a messed up blanket, it should seem like it has weight and fall nicely. is there a way to make the cape look like it falls straight down and not all bunched up like in your photo?

Do you mean like in my photo? Yes there is, but you might not like it:

P1000359-1.jpg

After a while when you remove the tape it stays in this position for the most part.

Last edited:
also, is there a street date for when these are gonna be in stock in the US or is it just "sometime in feburary" but no official date? cuz i dont want to order from china i want to order when they are in stock in the US as i use money orders to pay not credit.

When the moderators step in and tell me i can't post my pictures in this tread, that's when i'll comply. Until then i don't see why this tread has to personalized to fit the needs of some. What do people expect to talk about and show then? After OMG has posted his pictures, you can have 5 pages max before everything you can say about the figure has been said. Close the tread after that? I thought this was a place where collectors could talk about their collection, show pictures and discuss. Some people get their figure at a later time, and also would like to show it. I don't see any harm in that. Anyone who finds the tread overkill, could have stopped reading it like a 100 pages ago.

And the thing about the pictures. Who is going to decide what a good picture is? Is there going to be a jury deciding an lighting, setting, shuttertime, white balancing etc? What is an objective way to decide a good picture? with standards can be measured by everyone, and not just by the personal taste of some?

I'm not saying you don't have the right to be tired of these pictures, i'm just saying that these things come with the nature of a forum like this.

:exactly:
I try not to take over, but sometimes I have to step in, really two to three pages of whether or not a piece should be called a DX or a MMS was driving me crazy!:gah: Especially in a Keaton Bats image thread :slap. You guys need to make a separate thread for something meaningless as that. :nono

My main purpose is to provide any questions that people have, when I believe that a piece is worth the attention, then that's what I try to provide, more to reassure that people shouldn't doubt what they are purchasing until they possess it in their hands. :dunno

I try to twist it up in my pics, sure everybody shows the standard cape draped look with the closed mouth, and that's a great iconic keaton look, and the photography is fantastic, but why would you like to showcase that look over and over. So if you noticed, I go for the action poses, the using of the PERS, closeup shots and of course try to showcase the over shoulder look and the other mouth pieces as much as I can.

As far as the story sequences are concerned I try to give a sense of showcasing the detail of these pieces without giving the sense of just the typical portrait photos that have been depicted all over the threads with much better use of photography and lighting and backdrops that I could ever possess in my photos, I try to give these viewers a different picture of my collection of photos, so people don't get the feeling that okay, here's someone posting the same standing pose that's been done to death.

The whole idea is that these are considered to be action figures, so why not show the action while we're at it! :lecture

I apologize for those of you, who can't stand my photos or stories :(, ignore them if you must, I don't take offense, but I'm sure there's got to be some people that appreciate the creativity.:pray:

But understand this, if I continue to see mindless rants on useless topics of whether or not a DX is considered MMS for hot toys in a thread like this, I will have to step in, if nobody attempts too. :slap

IMG_2030.jpg

https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj83/guyver12/IMG_2029.png

you see the cape looks kinda like a cheap toy figure here. i hope itcan be remidied. i hate the 2 sided capes sewn to connect 2 fabrcs. in the movie it was just one piece of black leather fabric. here its got some kind of cloth inside with leather outside.

But can the boy sit?

You know I don't think I've seen any photos and I can't believe no one has tried, but for those with the figure can you sit him down with his legs sticking straight forward? You now, the way he'd have to be to sit in his Batmobile?

IMO the cape hangs perfectly if you futz it correctly.

(edit: I only just noticed Difabio quoted some of my early pics above, those were just out of the box, the paper still around the waist, but they show IMO that the cape needs little futzing to make it look accurate).

:)

Last edited:
IMG_2030.jpg

https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj83/guyver12/IMG_2029.png

you see the cape looks kinda like a cheap toy figure here. i hope itcan be remidied. i hate the 2 sided capes sewn to connect 2 fabrcs. in the movie it was just one piece of black leather fabric. here its got some kind of cloth inside with leather outside.[/quote]

The Cape is great, the two sided fabrics add to the realism effect of the movie imo:lecture

I just let the futz get away from me in that photo :slap
[IMG]https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj83/guyver12/IMG_2031.jpg
IMG_2033.jpg

also, is there a street date for when these are gonna be in stock in the US or is it just "sometime in feburary" but no official date? cuz i dont want to order from china i want to order when they are in stock in the US as i use money orders to pay not credit.

When I talked to a guy from SS on the phone about my order a couple weeks ago, he said they would be in-stock and processing on February 6th.

Re: But can the boy sit?

You know I don't think I've seen any photos and I can't believe no one has tried, but for those with the figure can you sit him down with his legs sticking straight forward? You now, the way he'd have to be to sit in his Batmobile?

Here you go, honestly, I don't know how the seat for the Batmobile will be, but the sitting on this is horrific :gah: Don't get me wrong, you can flex it more to fit, but it doesn't stay that way because of the suit's material.
IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

Knees bent, ab crutched all the way
IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

I'm thinking the seat will be a very tight space, but just enough to secure the body :pray:

Around 40 pics and a 25 minute video spotlight await here:

DX09 Batman Review at 1989Batman.com

Just to warn those unfamiliar with our video spotlights- Our review style is a bit different than most. Up to this point, we have only reviewed the Mattel MOTU Classics... but what we do is put a bunch of pictures of a figure and then my 9-year-old son Blaze and I ramble on about that specific figure in video format. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics.. :)

Sallah

Great video. I enjoyed that. :)

Re: But can the boy sit?

Looks like a screen test for the suit. And Mike cant frickn move. :rotfl
Here you go, honestly, I don't know how the seat for the Batmobile will be, but the sitting on this is horrific :gah: Don't get me wrong, you can flex it more to fit, but it doesn't stay that way because of the suit's material.
IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

Knees bent, ab crutched all the way
IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

I'm thinking the seat will be a very tight space, but just enough to secure the body :pray:

I'm just kinda skimmin' through here to catch up, but I gotta say these pics really are getting me stoked:

Can't stop reposing this guy every 15 minutes or so. Such a great figure. Sorry about the camera quality.

P1000358-1.jpg

P1000355-1.jpg

Looks so badass there.

Back