Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Grand Moff Tarkin once elegantly put it....

"This Bickering is Pointless!"

Question for those that have him in-hand: How are the PERS? Do they move fine? No concerns of it breaking like the DX01 or 02?

I wasn't aware there were problems with the DX02. I've seen many Jokers with crossed eyes, but no Batmen.

I wasn't aware there were problems with the DX02. I've seen many Jokers with crossed eyes, but no Batmen.

I havent heard of anyone else having a problem with Batman, but I had problems with mine, when moving them one time they kinda popped out of the socket. I freaked out and stopped moving them. Slowly pushed them back into the sockets and havent moved them since.

Well maybe I am ignorant to it because I checked out of this thread until production pics started showing up. From what I've observed there has been a lot more "it's not great but I can live with it" than "OMG it's awesome!"

:lecture Exactly :lecture

But that doesn't stop...

maximum_trolling_by_synknight-d30eobn.gif

And, best yet, point that out or say how silly & disruptive it is and folks like Rorywan attempt to spin it as if you're the bad guy. :lol

I wonder would it be wise to pick up what one needs from the parted out figure now on ebay or wait for maybe the figure to drop in price and buy the whole thing ..I presume these will stick around for a while.

I kind of wish I had kept my PO after seeing some of the pics...I just canceled because admittedly it isn't as good as it could have been and with batman begins and supes shipping I figured I would save some pennies. It's still the best 1/6th Indy to date IMO but I'm hoping all of this negativity will lead to a better 2.0 I can pick up without the hesitation.

I kind of wish I had kept my PO after seeing some of the pics...I just canceled because admittedly it isn't as good as it could have been and with batman begins and supes shipping I figured I would save some pennies. It's still the best 1/6th Indy to date IMO but I'm hoping all of this negativity will lead to a better 2.0 I can pick up without the hesitation.

Completely off-topic but I love this illustration. :rock

sigpic6811_3.gif

Oh, and I just love that if you don't bash the sculpt or say "it's okay, could be better but I can live with it" that apparently means you're "praising" the sculpt. :lol How rich.

I think it :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

BRING IT ON!!!!
:nana:
:whip
:lightsabe

Well, I don't think it rocks, it's not one of Hot Toys' best efforts (especially lately) but because I find it acceptable and am happy to keep my order I might as well be saying "OMG! It's perfect! Best sculpt ever!" to some on here. And that's pretty pathetic, really. Wait, oops... I suppose it's "juvenile" of me to point that out. :lol

Hey lovers, give me $100 and I'll immediately start to love this ___ madly too :pray: :lol

I can't belive how crazy this thread has gotten since I last saw it... If you really don't believe something is worth the price, then the best thing you can do is to not buy it, that sends a very clear message to the manufacturer. But people are already paying $100 for the headsculpt on ebay. Just because you see something a particular way, doesn't mean that everyone agrees with your way of seeing things. I've made my mind up (as have many others) so no amount of argument is ever going to change our opinions on that. People are buying this because they believe it's a great likeness to Indy and very much worth collecting. Sideshow starts shipping this on the 17th and no amount of rhetoric and hyperbole in this thread is going to change that.

He looks bloody amazing in these photos, so now I know for a fact that he's going to look 10X better when I get him and set him up the way I want. Can't wait to see him in his desert garb...

IndianaJoness2.jpg

IndianaJones02.jpg

97f5b16e.jpg

53b2bf8b.jpg

I have very personal feelings about this figure. I've had it on PO since it was first announced. I wasn't happy at all with the likeness, but decided to take a gamble, because HT almost always comes through in the end and it was Indiana Jones(!!!). I've been hanging on to hope ever since, even when things were seeming more and more grim with each successive display of the proto at every Con this year. There were assurances from Arnie Kim that the sculpt had been fixed, and likewise with Superman. So when I saw the revised Chris Reeves sculpt, my heart jumped up into my throat - there's hope for Indy after all! Then the in hand pics trickled out, and I felt crushing disappointment that this is what we are "stuck with". To say it is a disappointment is an understatement. After a few days went by, my immediate visceral emotional response has had time to resolve itself into something more objective. There are things to love about this figure: the outfits are beautiful and lovingly detailed. The base and backdrop look cool. Tanis dig costume will look great with the map room dio (think I may dress up my SS Indy in this costume?). There are lots of nice goodies included. The muscle body is okay, maybe a bit bulky and the wrists look chunky and awkward, which affects satisfactory posing options. But the face is undeniably off, no two ways around it. There are elements of Ford in there, but it's like a cake where somebody threw in salt instead of sugar - the taste is just plain off. So, I'm bummed and very irritated with HT that they make a great looking New freakin' Goblin, but chose to sleepwalk through INDIANA JONES. Yet I can't bring myself to cancel the order, not as some sort of noble protest that will likely be ignored by HT (who honestly knows if they ever had plans to do Indy figures beyond this one?). There is enough here for me to consider it a worthy purchase - as other have pointed out, if I just picked up the parts I liked, I'd still likely pay a comparable price to the entire figure. And I've just held out hope for this fig for so long that I can't let go. Is that weird? I have confidence that I'll be able to find an acceptable pose that accentuates the best elements of the figure while disguising the flaws and I can "live with it". But it's sad that the best defense for this thing is that "it's the best Indy figure out there." That's damning it with faint praise, like "it's the best work of art in a kindergarten class". There is no definitive Indy figure out there, every single one has serious flaws...maybe they should have left it alone at the Toys McCoy one. A Hot Toys DX Indy should be the standard, there should be no need for any other Indy figure - but that didn't happen, so it's a bitter pill to be sure.

I can't belive how crazy this thread has gotten since I last saw it... If you really don't believe something is worth the price, then the best thing you can do is to not buy it, that sends a very clear message to the manufacturer. But people are already paying $100 for the headsculpt on ebay. Just because you see something a particular way, doesn't mean that everyone agrees with your way of seeing things.I've made my mind up (as have many others) so no amount of argument is ever going to change our opinions on that. People are buying this because they believe it's a great likeness to Indy and very much worth collecting. Sideshow starts shipping this on the 17th and no amount of rhetoric and hyperbole in this thread is going to change that.

He looks bloody amazing in these photos, so now I know for a fact that he's going to look 10X better when I get him and set him up the way I want. Can't wait to see him in his desert garb...

We said it all before unfortunately, a few like to stir the pot for whatever reason.

I doubt SS ships on the 17th but I am hoping to be proved wrong :wink1:

Well, I don't think it rocks, it's not one of Hot Toys' best efforts (especially lately) but because I find it acceptable and am happy to keep my order I might as well be saying "OMG! It's perfect! Best sculpt ever!" to some on here. And that's pretty pathetic, really. Wait, oops... I suppose it's "juvenile" of me to point that out. :lol

I dont think its "perfect" or "the best sculpt ever". But I still think it rocks and can happily say I cant wait for this guy to get to my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back