Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1180844570792.gif

Keep finding the most unflattering, poorly lit and distorted pics you can- OMG's pics look like a young Raiders era HF to me...!

Oh dear. I cant work out whether people are spoilt or just plain ignorant.
At present ... as far as I am concerned this is best HF likeness @ 1/6th scale since the Medi KOTCS... but let's see when it's in ACTUALLY IN HAND!

Compared to this... we are laughing!
https://plasticandplush.com/images/2008/02/19/ij3.jpg

very good words- ALL of HT's figures look better IN HAND than mostly crud pics taken of them!

Oh dear. I cant work out whether people are spoilt or just plain ignorant.
At present ... as far as I am concerned this is best HF likeness @ 1/6th scale since the Medi KOTCS... but let's see when it's in ACTUALLY IN HAND!

Compared to this... we are laughing!
https://plasticandplush.com/images/2008/02/19/ij3.jpg

Dip____s aside I still think SSC's is a better sculpt overall. Not including the awesome factory paint.

T1 T-800 looked pretty insane in pictures. In fact, that's what made me get it.

Jack Joker and Keaton Batman also look absolutely flawless. In pictures.

Indy never did. And I just don't get the same feeling from this final sculpt, granted it may very well be the best "out of the box" Indy figure -- that's really not saying much, relatively.

Not a hater, not rubbing salt or whatever else the yay-sayers are angry about now. Just sayin...

You know, I was joking when I said first people were saying wait 'til you see pictures of the production version...then it was wait for good pictures... and then it gets to well you have to see it in hand... I can't believe we've already reached that final of all final answers: you have to see it in your hand to really know.

..not me I'm not done trashing this HS yet. And, I will continue to do so, even if there is not point in doing so:nana:

You and apparently everyone else :wink1:

Been away from a computer all day and just got done wading through this @#$%-storm of a thread...

First off, OMG, thanks for posting your amazing photos. Really great work, and you allayed any fears I had about the hat not fitting properly.
Nice to see so many people seemingly ignoring those and gravitating towards more over lit, crappy pictures. Your immature photoshopping and witty captions were the highlight of my day.

Honestly, I always reserve judgement on a figure until I either have it in hand or have at least seen it in person. I've passed on ordering some figures due to not liking pics of them, only to pick them up later after seeing them in hand. I've passed on figures and been justified after seeing them in person. Heck, I've even ordered on blind faith before, hoping against hope that in hand a figure would certainly be better...and been sorely dissapointed (looking at you Bespin Han)

I'll be the first to admit that, in some of these pics, this figure looks horrible...but those are BAD pics! A bad photo can make even the best figure look bad, but a good photo doesn't lie.

I'm quite happy with what I see here and can't wait to get Indy. I certainly don't make enough money to drop $250 on any figure that comes along. I would love to be able to afford other HT figures, Batman, Superman, Jack Sparrow...but I simply can't. I have been saving money for this since it was announced and figured, if it came out crappy, I'd cancel and at least have a little bonus cash lying around, but I took that cash and deposited in my checking account today with no qualms whatsoever.

Now I get that people aren't happy with it, but there's no need to taunt those that are. If your not happy, your not happy...move on. I think HT Bespin Luke looks bad, and I would love to have a great Bespin Luke to replace my SS one. I think I may have posted once in that thread that I was dissappointed, and that I hope they improved him, and I moved on. But I guess some folks just get a kick out of bashing stuff and bashing other people, so I shouldn't really expect anything else from these forums.

well i managed to find OMG's pics in the crapstorm of this thread. head looks better than those early pics, but the outfit and accessories look pretty awesome. i was worried about the jacket but it looks good.

i have a repainted SS indy head somewhere. if the head is REALLY ugly in hand, i'll try and stick that on it.

There's something off about the HS. Even with Alice who was also questionable until release, I found that the pictures of the final production HS were completely acceptable for her. I don't feel this way about Indy.

T1 T-800 looked pretty insane in pictures. In fact, that's what made me get it.

Jack Joker and Keaton Batman also look absolutely flawless. In pictures.

Indy never did. And I just don't get the same feeling from this final sculpt, granted it may very well be the best "out of the box" Indy figure -- that's really not saying much, relatively.

Not a hater, not rubbing salt or whatever else the yay-sayers are angry about now. Just sayin...

You know, I was joking when I said first people were saying wait 'til you see pictures of the production version...then it was wait for good pictures... and then it gets to well you have to see it in hand... I can't believe we've already reached that final of all final answers: you have to see it in your hand to really know.

This thread really has divided people, it's brought out the worst and the...well I can't say best there were already people that lick up anything HT puts out. I'd like to think I am in the middle, I still think this will be a case of Jedi Luke from March of 2006. Either you think he's ____ or looks a hell of a lot better in person.

If your not happy, your not happy...move on.

But isn't that like saying: you're happy with it, great, move on.

Incidentally, has anyone actually read what OMG said about the figure and not just look at the pics. He was pretty hard on the figure in hand you know.

I think HT Bespin Luke looks bad, and I would love to have a great Bespin Luke to replace my SS one.

I agree, and hope they correct that sculpt too. I don't know what the deal is with Lucasfilm and HT.

You and apparently everyone else :wink1:

Been away from a computer all day and just got done wading through this @#$%-storm of a thread...

First off, OMG, thanks for posting your amazing photos. Really great work, and you allayed any fears I had about the hat not fitting properly.
Nice to see so many people seemingly ignoring those and gravitating towards more over lit, crappy pictures. Your immature photoshopping and witty captions were the highlight of my day.

Honestly, I always reserve judgement on a figure until I either have it in hand or have at least seen it in person. I've passed on ordering some figures due to not liking pics of them, only to pick them up later after seeing them in hand. I've passed on figures and been justified after seeing them in person. Heck, I've even ordered on blind faith before, hoping against hope that in hand a figure would certainly be better...and been sorely dissapointed (looking at you Bespin Han)

I'll be the first to admit that, in some of these pics, this figure looks horrible...but those are BAD pics! A bad photo can make even the best figure look bad, but a good photo doesn't lie.

I'm quite happy with what I see here and can't wait to get Indy. I certainly don't make enough money to drop $250 on any figure that comes along. I would love to be able to afford other HT figures, Batman, Superman, Jack Sparrow...but I simply can't. I have been saving money for this since it was announced and figured, if it came out crappy, I'd cancel and at least have a little bonus cash lying around, but I took that cash and deposited in my checking account today with no qualms whatsoever.

Now I get that people aren't happy with it, but there's no need to taunt those that are. If your not happy, your not happy...move on. I think HT Bespin Luke looks bad, and I would love to have a great Bespin Luke to replace my SS one. I think I may have posted once in that thread that I was dissappointed, and that I hope they improved him, and I moved on. But I guess some folks just get a kick out of bashing stuff and bashing other people, so I shouldn't really expect anything else from these forums.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::exactly:

Dip____s aside I still think SSC's is a better sculpt overall. Not including the awesome factory paint.

No two ways about it, Trev's was an AMAZING piece of work, let down by simply appalling paint apps... However this is the straight from the box Indy I think I want in my collection. Sure, the pics throw up problems, but it still looks like THE most solid ROTLA depiction @ 1/6 yet... well, to my old eyes anyhows!

I see a lot of Ford here and there but something just wrong. Paint job looks good tho. The material that use on the jacket had me worry.

97f5b16e.jpg

Is not really that bad but for this price tag I regret getting it.

Incidentally, has anyone actually read what OMG said about the figure and not just look at the pics. He was pretty hard on the figure in hand you know.

Doesn't sound as hard as you're making it out to be. Seems to be more disappointed with the jacket and price.

This thread really has divided people, it's brought out the worst and the...well I can't say best there were already people that lick up anything HT puts out. I'd like to think I am in the middle, I still think this will be a case of Jedi Luke from March of 2006. Either you think he's ____ or looks a hell of a lot better in person.
I was also somewhere in the middleish. . .until the production version was shown. Though these threads always do seem to go off the rails one way or the other nowadays, the whole "you're an idiot if you can't see that this figure. . ." either looks like or doesn't look like Ford is the most tiresome thing of all. The "you're part of an ignorant groupthink mentality" argument is beyond laughable and really just shows me that these people have blinders on. Say your piece, voice your anger or adoration, but don't go around insulting others for having a different opinion. Christ sake.

I was also somewhere in the middleish. . .until the production version was shown. Though these threads always do seem to go off the rails one way or the other nowadays, the whole "you're an idiot if you can't see that this figure. . ." either looks like or doesn't look like Ford is the most tiresome thing of all. The "you're part of an ignorant groupthink mentality" argument is beyond laughable and really just shows me that these people have blinders on. Say your piece, voice your anger or adoration, but don't go around insulting others for having a different opinion. Christ sake.

:exactly::lecture:lecture:lecture

NO, you SHUT up. You're wrong you ____ing idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back