Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don´t want this figure you can always get all the parts and accesories you like from diferents figures for a custom but finally ..any custom will be more expensive than this at the end.

If you have no other Indy figure and you don't want to make a custom, this is the best option at this moment :lecture

I haven't been following this thread. But, the piece obviously doesn't look like Harrison Ford.

Hot Toys' first dud.

Kinda looks like a boss I used to work for.

To be fair it may not be all his fault if Hot Toys forced him to sculpt a PERS sculpt. I saw this at the SDCC with out the PERS and it sure looked a lot better. Maybe he was give a choice, this gets the PERS or Superman does. Sure glad it wasn't Superman like they had intended.

I'm certainly glad the Supes did not get the PERS treatment as that seem in the head looks gastly from the side.

And not to be outdown by the overwrought poop-athon already infecting the thread, out comes thinly veiled homophobic remarks. :clap

This thread really does have it all now. :lol

Wait... has anyone brought politics or religion into this yet? Should we say that not only is this figure an "epic fail" and "complete disaster", he also "looks like a gay liberal Catholic prostitute?". If we come to an accord on that, will we all be able to move on and discuss this item on an even keel?

I have to agree.
People have a right to dislike the figure, but things are getting rather distasteful.

If you don´t want this figure you can always get all the parts and accesories you like from diferents figures for a custom but finally ..any custom will be more expensive than this at the end.

If you have no other Indy figure and you don't want to make a custom, this is the best option at this moment :lecture

thank-you-captain-obvious_design.png
:lol

If I can't find a buyer for this $200 so-called Indiana Jones, then I will have to make myself in hypnosis state, and keep convince myself, he's Indy, he's Indy, he's Indy......
1110142126d63a2ab4d6656cd7.jpg

Ad nauseam is a Latin term used to describe an argument which has been continuing "to [the point of] nausea".[1] For example, the sentence, "This topic has been discussed ad nauseam", signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively, and that those involved in the discussion have grown tired of it.

I do think this is the best fig out of the box. I wasn't exactly happy with the Sideshow Indy either -- ugh, that jacket, oversized holster, whacked-out shirt and the Faramir paint apps.

I do believe the only "ideal" Indy is gonna be a hodge-podge of bits from HT and SS. The preference on sculpt is up to the individual.

Personally, I haven't seen a sculpt yet that I'm happy with. But Trev's repainted is the closest. Prefer his PF sculpt actually.

Ad nauseam is a Latin term used to describe an argument which has been continuing "to [the point of] nausea".[1] For example, the sentence, "This topic has been discussed ad nauseam", signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively, and that those involved in the discussion have grown tired of it.

..not me I'm not done trashing this HS yet. And, I will continue to do so, even if there is not point in doing so:nana:

Maybe its Hot Toys 'now higher prices' on their figures is most people's justification to call this figure crap...

while hardly anybody here has this "In Hand"...and most of the time,when taking photos of Hot Toys figures,they never look as good as when you have the figure in actual hand....this piece is still the best Indy we have gotten

It never hurts to say it. Some people still do not know that

I worried that people who can read the comments in this thread can be influenced by this witch hunt against the figure there and forget about the "obvious" :monkey3

For me, HS is the most important part of a figure, if the likeness is great, no matters how you kit-bashing him/her, he'll still look great. In Contrast, if the likeness is awful, no matter how good the accessories are, he will still look awful.

The sculpt is just too damn shallow for what we now expect from Hot Toys.

I'd like to know if the hat that comes with this can fit on the hatless Sideshow sculpt.

It never hurts to say it. Some people still do not know that

I worried that people who can read the comments in this thread can be influenced by this witch hunt against the figure there and forget about the "obvious" :monkey3

I hope people spending $250 aren't influenced by another's opinion. :cuckoo:

I wonder if this will really begin to ship from Sideshow on Monday?

I still find it "odd" that HT changed its shipping arrangement on this particular figure.

odd = suspect

I wonder if this will really begin to ship from Sideshow on Monday?

I still find it "odd" that HT changed its shipping arrangement on this particular figure.

odd = suspect

I hope so.....I'll have Batman Begins, Indy and Superman all in the coming soon que :yess:

Got it for $12 with Rewards Points. Im not the happiest with the final outcome, but I also don't think its the end of the world because its not perfect. It is what it is, just take it & move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back