Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look great! I'll definitely check them out. Thanks for the heads-up, MyenShi!
Speaking of the art of Andor (or even BOBF for that matter) - what happened to the "Art of.." books that usually accompany the movies & shows? One on Andor is a must!

It’s a shame Andor has been so neglected. Would love to get an art book.

And no worries. Best to be there when the drop happens if you want to pick them up.

Those look great! I'll definitely check them out. Thanks for the heads-up, MyenShi!
Speaking of the art of Andor (or even BOBF for that matter) - what happened to the "Art of.." books that usually accompany the movies & shows? One on Andor is a must!
Pretty sure only Mando has had art books. I’m guessing with the amount of shows they are making, they are way behind on the licensing agreements and actual production of these things.
It's gotta be. Those are subpar designs for SW universe and I'll be shocked if they are designed by LucasFilm. Does ILM take part in designs or just VFX?
Typically ILM doesn’t do design work. There is a whole other design team that I think is headed by Doug Chiang

Amazon has Art of Star Wars Visions due to be published in March.

As they have made Art of Galaxy's edge and Art of the High Republic, I would still think BOBF and Andor are still in with a good chance.

Chiang is a legit artistic genius, but isnt he mostly about the vehicles? Idk
Vehicles and robots.
1677213784007.png

This book is really cool...lots of great illustrations. Do a g- search for Chaing Robota.

It's gotta be. Those are subpar designs for SW universe and I'll be shocked if they are designed by LucasFilm. Does ILM take part in designs or just VFX?

This is the kind of cosplayer I would expect Disney to be boosting via media. Perhaps she lives too far away to attend premieres.

Attachments

• 323958282_678906847231857_8676334365722260684_n.jpg
    323958282_678906847231857_8676334365722260684_n.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 0
Another slow week at Hot Toys. Still no Star Wars release in 2023 but, obviously, next week will be a different story. Hot TOys gotta celebrate The Mandalorian season 3 premiere with some sort of Star Wars announcement and or release.

Another slow week at Hot Toys. Still no Star Wars release in 2023 but, obviously, next week will be a different story. Hot TOys gotta celebrate The Mandalorian season 3 premiere with some sort of Star Wars announcement and or release.

Was really hoping for those Shiny Trooper blog pics when I woke up lol.

I'm fine with the draught though, in a 3-4 week span we got 5 figures (and I'm getting all of them) between the middle of December and early January.

So the BIG Mando week we were all looking forward to ended up being a re-release of a figure, with a cheap crappy added accessory, that nobody asked for, and an Ahsoka figure that looks more like Katee Sackhoff than the Bo Katan figure does. Thanks for pulling out all the stops Hot Toys!

Were people really expecting anything groundbreaking from HT for Mando s3 week? They know people will drop money on their reissue junk regardless.

Were people really expecting anything groundbreaking from HT for Mando s3 week? They know people will drop money on their reissue junk regardless.
Not groundbreaking, but certainly better than what they produced. It's reasonable to think they might've put out one of those colourful Mandos from the trailer, or be a little more ambitious and put Greef Carga out. Neither of those are what I'd call groundbreaking.

In the end, what are they but repainted figures? I'm just pissed off that Andor got zero attention from HT. They skipped it because it was the opposite of Mando - likeness rights and sculpts required for all of the characters.

Mando is HT's wet dream: overpriced inaccurate helmeted reissues.

So the BIG Mando week we were all looking forward to ended up being a re-release of a figure, with a cheap crappy added accessory, that nobody asked for, and an Ahsoka figure that looks more like Katee Sackhoff than the Bo Katan figure does. Thanks for pulling out all the stops Hot Toys!

I asked for it. :lecture

Back