Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good old Star Wars. B'Omarr Monks, Ithorian, Trandoshans, and other classic aliens. I'm pleased.
I was thrilled seeing the B‘Omarr Monk, it made sense so shouldn’t be shocking but it’s nice to see more classic aliens. It’s such a simple thing to include and a bare minimum. I hope we see some members of the Hutt Cartel, after we didn’t get them in TFA from those rumors or cut ideas.

Soooo do we reckon HT will make this slightly tweaked version of Boba's armour? A bit of paint scratches, brown instead of black boots, a kama style skirt instead of the robe look and reduced scarring with his eyebrows back headsculpt?
Yeah of course....
Will I buy it?
Yeah of course....

Soooo do we reckon HT will make this slightly tweaked version of Boba's armour? A bit of paint scratches, brown instead of black boots, a kama style skirt instead of the robe look and reduced scarring with his eyebrows back headsculpt?
Yeah of course....
Will I buy it?
Yeah of course....
There’s no doubt HT will make another version of Boba. The question is does Fennec have any costume changes warranting two versions of her?

Hot Toys are gonna do a Boba and Fennec two pack cause they know a lot of people wont buy another Boba with very minor changes. Black Suit Superman and Nightmare Batman style :lol

Don't know how blood on the Lucasfilm logo got approved.

Wonder whose blood that could be.......maybe TurdFergusonsHat could answer that :rotfl

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 22.14.35.jpg

Looks awesome to me! I can’t wait. For the show AND the figures! Gonna have to buy a new Detolf dedicated to Fetts lol. He’s definitely spent time in a bacta tank and the armour etc have definitely been tweaked. Glad to see more beef on the Gammos too! Bring it.

A question for those with a sharp eye, what exactly were the costume differences (other than a few more scrapes and dints) between the Boba we saw in this trailer and the one at the end of Mando season 2? There didn’t appear to be enough differences to warrant a new release from what I saw.

I can’t help feeling that Hot Toys maybe backed themselves into a corner a bit with putting that Mando version with the throne out so early. Perhaps they should’ve waited on the throne version and just released a single re-painted version with headsculpt. Now I’m thinking maybe they’ll just update a few things on the Mando throne version to bring it more into line with the look we saw in the trailer (more weathering etc.).

As for the first releases from this show I don’t see them coming straight out with a new Boba. Which is a weird thing to say considering he’s the main character. Fennec is an obvious one, and there’ll be another released with her I’d imagine. If I were a betting man I’d say it’ll be something from that trailer, most likely the Gamorrean Guards.

I’m going to make a bold prediction here and say the first major release from this show, other than Fennec, will be a quarter-scale re-painted Boba Fett.

A question for those with a sharp eye, what exactly were the costume differences (other than a few more scrapes and dints) between the Boba we saw in this trailer and the one at the end of Mando season 2? There didn’t appear to be enough differences to warrant a new release from what I saw.

I can’t help feeling that Hot Toys maybe backed themselves into a corner a bit with putting that Mando version with the throne out so early. Perhaps they should’ve waited on the throne version and just released a single re-painted version with headsculpt. Now I’m thinking maybe they’ll just update a few things on the Mando throne version to bring it more into line with the look we saw in the trailer (more weathering etc.).

As for the first releases from this show I don’t see them coming straight out with a new Boba. Which is a weird thing to say considering he’s the main character. Fennec is an obvious one, and there’ll be another released with her I’d imagine. If I were a betting man I’d say it’ll be something from that trailer, most likely the Gamorrean Guards.

I’m going to make a bold prediction here and say the first major release from this show, other than Fennec, will be a quarter-scale re-painted Boba Fett.

It's a kama style skirt rather than the tabard style robes. The boots are now brown instead of black. There are more scratches and paint chips, like the big vertical scratch on his helmet. I think the belt is slightly different.
They've also removed a lot of the scarring and his eyebrows have grown back.
That's it far as I can tell.

I was thinking along the same lines and didnt want to say the quiet part out loud. Look, whatever Fett wants he gets, right? Make it so Fennec.

But seriously any non-armor outfit.

Fett and Shand up on the dais, Twi'leks subservient below. This is the Way.

It's a kama style skirt rather than the tabard style robes. The boots are now brown instead of black. There are more scratches and paint chips, like the big vertical scratch on his helmet. I think the belt is slightly different.
They've also removed a lot of the scarring and his eyebrows have grown back.
That's it far as I can tell.
Fantastic cheers for that. Yep, definitely warrants a new release in Hot Toys’ eyes then. Looks like the Boba on throne will release much earlier than planned then.

Gonna have to buy a new Detolf dedicated to Fetts lol.

Just did that... or the closest I could get, since afaik the Detolf is no longer being made. Top shelf is reserved for the King, Queen and their throne. 110%.

But speaking in general, do you want to know how to find out if your relationship is gonna last? Easy. You, the Sig. Other, and a piece of ostensibly-easy foreign-made furniture, add "instructions" with minimal English anddddddddd GO!

If you two can get through that assembly without killing each other, and the item survives intact then guess what! You probably good for the long haul.

It took us two afternoons, screams of horror, shouts of anguish, cries of sheer rage and general angst but we did it. Hi China, **** your exploded diagram "directions" and especially **** your inevitable missing parts. Thank the gods for tempered glass.

My Fetts, Mandos, Grogus and friends are gonna look great, though. :cool:

Me personally, I prefer the Mando rearmored look. That look with baggier pants vs the Kama and reddish boots just looks tougher imo.

Back