Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

And he may still end up life as Boba Fett. They could be downplaying the Boba Fett thing as it might be the big reveal of the series. Maybe.

And he may still end up life as Boba Fett. They could be downplaying the Boba Fett thing as it might be the big reveal of the series. Maybe.

Personal prediction that he’ll be the big reveal on the last episode of the first season and/or his child will be in it. Even if he doesn’t appear this show looks to be a good one.

Personal prediction that he’ll be the big reveal on the last episode of the first season and/or his child will be in it. Even if he doesn’t appear this show looks to be a good one.

Imagine the very last scene showing the Mandalorian being given a new job, to hunt down and kill Boba Fett. What a cliff hanger that’d be!

View attachment 454586

Do those scout troopers look more "Rebels"esque than ROTJ ? Or is it just me ?

It's set 5-6 years after ROTJ. Maybe it's just the angle ?? Don't know.

Whoa weird didn't catch that. It looks like scouts wearing stormie legs, chest, and arm armor. Should have just used the patrol trooper again.

I see what you’re saying but if it doesn’t do so well financially, much like ‘Solo’, then the chances of turning it into a trilogy are slim to none. A short series (say 6-8 episodes) would remove some of that pressure and ensure we get some sort of conclusion to the story, unlike ‘Solo’. Besides, if you were given the choice would you prefer the story told over 2 hours or 10 hours? 10 hours of Ewan as Obi-Wan? Yes, please.

Solo failed simply because the whole movie was sucked, and entirely unnecessary to the Saga, there were no connections at all and confused at hell. It had nothing to do with being an solo anthology film. Looking back at Rogue One and see how successful it was. Plus why does everything needs turning into "Trilogy" ?

I've never understood the hype for Kenobi solo adventures because they've focused on him almost as much as they have on Anakin/Vader already. What conclusion of his story is there left to tell? I'm just legit curious about what people want from a Kenobi show so bad because to me, there'll never really be any stakes.

At least Cassian can build on being able to see what the early stages of the Rebellion was like from a "Grand scale" in live-action. The thought of the 20 years of Kenobi on Tattooine just makes me think Tom Hanks in Castaway, minus the ocean:lol

There are great great many things that could be told in Obiwan solo film. As folks here were saying, Ewan McGregor as Obi is a must. Timeline would be something around 7- 9 years after ROTS mostly because of young Luke growing up in Tatooine, or precisely 9 years so Luke would be at the same age as Anakin when Qui Gon first discovered him.

Obiwan is living in exile, hiding from the great Jedi purge of Galatic Empire, while secretly watching over little Luke. Also in Tatooine he will have a chance to meet with his former master, Qui Gon (force ghost), to learn more about the way of The Force and complete his training, previously guided by Yoda at the end of ROTS. This will also explain Obiwan's ability to "become one with the Force" when he was struck down by Vader in EpIV -ANH.

Most importantly, deeply dive into Obiwan's psychological sense. Tremendous amount of guilt haunted him after Mustafar event. Depression, loneliness...Obiwan has trully lost everything, his friends - Jedi order, his family - Anakin, Padme, his belief - Democratic Republic...only the new hope remains, little Luke. Somehow at the nearly end of this movie, he finds out Anakin still survie, now reanimated as ruthless Sith lord Darth Vader......

Galatic Empire at its peak, Palpatine consolidated his power by spreading terrors and destructions to the Galaxy, crushing every rebellions/resistance forces stand on his path.

The great Jedi Purge - Vader hunting down Jedi survivors with his Sith Inquisitors, probably there will be a scence when he confronted with a group of Jedi and slaughter every single one of them. This battle will show off amazing Force skills and LS techniques used from both sides.

Solo failed simply because the whole movie was sucked, and entirely unnecessary to the Saga, there were no connections at all and confused at hell. It had nothing to do with being an solo anthology film. Looking back at Rogue One and see how successful it was. Plus why does everything needs turning into "Trilogy" ?

Solo did NOT suck, it's better than the after-the-fact trilogy that's for damn sure. I still believe that if Disney would've waited until December 2018 to release the film that it would've made way more money and been a much bigger hit. The deleted scenes on the Blu-ray especially the extended Mimban battle scene and the Han TIE-Fighter Pilot training scene should've stayed in the film. Who the hell knows why they were taken out. If it was for "pacing" reasons then that is incredibly stupid.

Yep, that’s what I’ve often thought; Boba will be the big shock appearance at the end of the series. Hope they get Temuera Morrison back to reprise the roles if it happens.

Solo did NOT suck, it's better than the after-the-fact trilogy that's for damn sure. I still believe that if Disney would've waited until December 2018 to release the film that it would've made way more money and been a much bigger hit. The deleted scenes on the Blu-ray especially the extended Mimban battle scene and the Han TIE-Fighter Pilot training scene should've stayed in the film. Who the hell knows why they were taken out. If it was for "pacing" reasons then that is incredibly stupid.

The cut from Han's court martial to Mimban was great. Of course they cut it.

Agreed. That cut was awesome and would have no negative impact on pacing. But somehow they cut it. Even worse they showed us that they cut a very good scene.

I highly doubt anyone would produce a whole series where you never see the face, or any face expressions, from the main character.

He has to take the helmet off to facilitate the bs romantic kisses that is sure to be crammed into this series. You really think they will give us a series with no garbage that makes you reach for the fast forward button?

Yep, that’s what I’ve often thought; Boba will be the big shock appearance at the end of the series. Hope they get Temuera Morrison back to reprise the roles if it happens.

I hope they get a taller actor to portray Boba Fett in The Mandalorian series. While I like the prequels more and more each time I see them on Blu-ray I can't help but think that George Lucas should've gotten a 6' 5" actor to play Anakin and a 6' 1" actor to play Jango. By the way Jeremy Bulloch was 6' 1" when he played Boba in The Empire Strikes Back. It's way too bad that Boba no longer has that awesomely cool, dry, menacing voice that was performed by the late, great actor Jason Wingreen. :(

So I really hope there are Tusken Raiders in The Mandalorian. Hot Toys really need to do one. Reasons,

1). Part of the original 12 back figures
2). Classic Alien figure
3). I just saw one SS version go on eBay for $400 shipped !!

That is ridiculous !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things have been very quiet on the Mandalorian front. I assume they must be quietly working on the CG effects etc and editing.

Or just on summer break [emoji23]

Only a few more months people !

125 more sleeps. They’re preparing Mandalorian stuff for D23 next month, aren’t they?

Yeah, I fully expect to see everything at D23 but I'm hopeful we'll at least see some of the Black Series figures from this show revealed at SDCC next week.

Yeah, I fully expect to see everything at D23 but I'm hopeful we'll at least see some of the Black Series figures from this show revealed at SDCC next week.

Yes it will be interesting to see. I think you could be right as far as Disney showing Mandalorian stuff only at D23. But do they also show Hot Toys stuff there ??

I don't think they do. Therefore when will HT show figures ? SDCC is their main event so perhaps they would show a Mandalorian figure there. No big secrets by showing the lead character. HT never really seems to align with other events or anniversaries etc. as far as showing figures.

Plus it could help getting fans hyped leading into D23 ?

Dunno ? Just hypothesising based on what I know about how HT works.

SDCC is their main event so perhaps they would show a Mandalorian figure there.

Let’s hope you’re right with that. It’s only one week today and we’ll find out. Last year all the figures were shown on Sideshow the night before SDCC.

Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Let’s hope you’re right with that. It’s only one week today and we’ll find out. Last year all the figures were shown on Sideshow the night before SDCC.

Ah yes I remember now. Single pics right. Let's hope we get a Jon Deak special report.....not.

However I hope we get some genuine surprises.

Mandalorian could be a real chance I think. Thankfully Disney had shown enough for them to show a proto with low risk.

Yeah, it'd be great if they showed a Hot Toys Mandalorian there. I assume they'll probably show off Jango Fett again and with there being so many SDCC Exclusives being Boba Fett this year, how awesome would a display of the Hot Toys Mandalorian be with their Jango and Boba Fett figures?

I'm not holding my breathe though because I don't recall Hot Toys ever debuting a figure before a movie hits, let alone this tv show. But then again, this isn't just another generic Netflix show and will be the Disney+ franchise show, so who really knows right now. I know I'd take any toy of him right now:lol

Back