Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Was just looking at the Box Office. Rogue One did pretty damn well internationally. Over a billion $ globally, didn't know that. And higher than a lot of other big budget seemingly popular movies.

#30 position

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Like I've said before Rogue One should've made over $2 billion, not the force awakens.

HOLY *** GUS FRING IN BREAKING BAD WITH A GROUP OF DEATH TROOPERS IN THE MANDALORIAN.... IM DEAD :thud::pray::panic:
ss.jpg

He's wearing black cape, lol completely opposite with Krennic :lol

bv.jpg

potentially troopers - made list from Hot Toys
scout trooper with speeder bike
ssd.jpg

Shock-flame trooper
nm.jpg
jk.jpg

This looks so ridiculously good, it's unreal. It seems this will particularly appeal to those who love 'Rogue One', and figures will probably prove to be just as elusive over time. Just looking at those photos there's potential figures for Giancarlo Esposito (whatever his character name is), Scout Troopers, Incinerator Troopers and more Death Troopers. The clips we've seen don't even total 10 minutes of the entire series. Imagine what we could see over a full 8-10 hours series! With no movie for 3 years, Hot Toys could hit this series hard. This will be no 'Solo' for Hot Toys.

This looks so ridiculously good, it's unreal. It seems this will particularly appeal to those who love 'Rogue One', and figures will probably prove to be just as elusive over time. Just looking at those photos there's potential figures for Giancarlo Esposito (whatever his character name is), Scout Troopers, Incinerator Troopers and more Death Troopers. The clips we've seen don't even total 10 minutes of the entire series. Imagine what we could see over a full 8-10 hours series! With no movie for 3 years, Hot Toys could hit this series hard. This will be no 'Solo' for Hot Toys.

All I can say is bring it on !

And we haven't even seen anything of the Cassian series yet !! Or the rumored 3rd series which I think will be a repurposed Obi-Wan film personally.

We'll get those Tusken Raiders and aliens yet !!

ssd.jpg

Do those scout troopers look more "Rebels"esque than ROTJ ? Or is it just me ?

It's set 5-6 years after ROTJ. Maybe it's just the angle ?? Don't know.

All I can say is bring it on !

And we haven't even seen anything of the Cassian series yet !! Or the rumored 3rd series which I think will be a repurposed Obi-Wan film personally.

We'll get those Tusken Raiders and aliens yet !!

Cassian is nearly as exciting as The Mandalorian, just a little further away in our minds atm. I'd die a happy man if they announced an Obi-Wan series with Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson. It better not end up being a Poe Dameron series or Hermit Luke's Island Journeys series or something.

I prefer a standalone Kenobi anthology movie with McGregor. Anthology deserves to become a trilogy.

I prefer a standalone Kenobi anthology movie with McGregor. Anthology deserves to become a trilogy.

I see what you’re saying but if it doesn’t do so well financially, much like ‘Solo’, then the chances of turning it into a trilogy are slim to none. A short series (say 6-8 episodes) would remove some of that pressure and ensure we get some sort of conclusion to the story, unlike ‘Solo’. Besides, if you were given the choice would you prefer the story told over 2 hours or 10 hours? 10 hours of Ewan as Obi-Wan? Yes, please.

A short series (say 6-8 episodes) would remove some of that pressure and ensure we get some sort of conclusion to the story, unlike ‘Solo’.

I've never understood the hype for Kenobi solo adventures because they've focused on him almost as much as they have on Anakin/Vader already. What conclusion of his story is there left to tell? I'm just legit curious about what people want from a Kenobi show so bad because to me, there'll never really be any stakes.

At least Cassian can build on being able to see what the early stages of the Rebellion was like from a "Grand scale" in live-action. The thought of the 20 years of Kenobi on Tattooine just makes me think Tom Hanks in Castaway, minus the ocean:lol

Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

The thought of the 20 years of Kenobi on Tattooine just makes me think Tom Hanks in Castaway, minus the ocean:lol

For me the interesting premise would be Obi Wan dealing with going from powerful Jedi to a recluse, not able to use his Jedi powers.

That in itself It's perhaps not so action packed but focuses more on the character and his inner struggle then mixed in with some adventure of avoiding the Empire as a Jedi post Order 66. And protecting young Luke mixed in there too of course.

One of the comics touched on it. Was quite compelling and something different to the standard hero journey, defeat bad guy at the end with lots of special effects we always get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never understood the hype for Kenobi solo adventures because they've focused on him almost as much as they have on Anakin/Vader already. What conclusion of his story is there left to tell? I'm just legit curious about what people want from a Kenobi show so bad because to me, there'll never really be any stakes.

At least Cassian can build on being able to see what the early stages of the Rebellion was like from a "Grand scale" in live-action. The thought of the 20 years of Kenobi on Tattooine just makes me think Tom Hanks in Castaway, minus the ocean:lol

I can’t speak for others, but for me personally he’s my favourite SW character of all time, both young and old. It would be a dream to see Ewan McGregor get to play him again in a show dedicated to his character. To see what he was doing in the period between ROTS and ANH, and to see him in communication with the surviving Jedi of Order 66.

I can understand your explanations and I hope you guys get it. I wouldn't mind Hot Toys taking a crack at a live-action Mythos Kenobi now that I think about it.

I simply like McGregor's portrayal of Kenobi and I want more. Personally I think anthology movies should have never dive into main characters. Solo should not have happened, at least part of anthology. They should have done 2 more movies like Rogue One with completely new characters and one-offs.
Then another spinoffs on main characters, like Solo, Kenobi, Fett, etc.

I simply like McGregor's portrayal of Kenobi and I want more. Personally I think anthology movies should have never dive into main characters. Solo should not have happened, at least part of anthology. They should have done 2 more movies like Rogue One with completely new characters and one-offs.
Then another spinoffs on main characters, like Solo, Kenobi, Fett, etc.

Well hopefully Lucasfilm have learnt their lesson and we get the original stories with the Mandalorian. However I'm sure he started off life as Boba Fett, then it was modified slightly after their "experience" with Solo etc.

Back