Hot Toys celebrates Star Wars: The Clone Wars 20th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could see Ventress, but definitely a handful of clones. This would be a great opportunity for HT to do a Grievous, as it covers both TCW and CW and I’m confident they would do so much better than SS.

...Says who? Clone Wars is Clone Wars.

It would be interesting to know what that 20th anniversary licence actually covers legally. i tend to think Disney/Lucasfilm would put specific boundaries to what Clone Wars and The Clone Wars actually encompass. I guess we'll get our first clue when the first figure is revealed.

This is the Gendy Clone Wars, not The Clone Wars from Filoni, so you wont be getting those.

It would be interesting to know what that 20th anniversary licence actually covers legally. i tend to think Disney/Lucasfilm would put specific boundaries to what Clone Wars and The Clone Wars actually encompass. I guess we'll get our first clue when the first figure is revealed.

It seems to cover the war itself, and Lucasfilm is just using the "anniversary" as a marketing tool. So anything from that era will probably have the logo, Hasbro and Lego are throwing it on anything from that era, so it would be safe to assume that Hot Toys will throw it on any clone related merchandise for 2023 as well. @MyenShi @freeze320 and myself summed it up nicely in earlier posts in this topic..

It seems to cover the war itself, and Lucasfilm is just using the "anniversary" as a marketing tool. So anything from that era will probably have the logo, Hasbro and Lego are throwing it on anything from that era, so it would be safe to assume that Hot Toys will throw it on any clone related merchandise for 2023 as well. @MyenShi @freeze320 and myself summed it up nicely in earlier posts in this topic..
I dunno, seems like a weird announcement to make since they already announced the line for THE Clone Wars a while back. I don't see why they'd specify a new anniversary line for a show that didn't premier until 5 years later. Just seems weird to me.

If that means that Clone Wars era Obi-Wan prototype finally gets a release, i'm all for it. Crossing fingers that won't be too much of a clone fest and we'll get to see a few unique characters in that line as well.

Exactly. This is a repaint/retool/rehash dream for toy companies. Logic doesn’t matter; it’s just about what’ll sell.

All we can really safely guess is that there will be Clones. A lot of Clones. So many Clones.

8F0E81B4-9FEF-414F-BBA3-958CB9F8DB6F.gif

What I wish to see:

Saesee Tiin in space armor
Durge
Alpha Arc Troopers
Tiger Shark Clone Pilot
Commander Cody (Tartakovsky version)
Clone Armoured Obi-Wan
Scuba Trooper
Shirtless Kit Fisto

All these would be awesome

What I actually expect we will get:
Filoni version troopers x2
Filoni version General Kenobi
Battle Droid variant
Ventress maybe.

I dunno, seems like a weird announcement to make since they already announced the line for THE Clone Wars a while back. I don't see why they'd specify a new anniversary line for a show that didn't premier until 5 years later. Just seems weird to me.

It really is weird, if they wanted to do an anniversary they could of done a 15 TCW year anniversary for 2023 instead.

I'm not going to begin to understand Lucasfilm marketing though lol.

Like @MyenShi and others have said, just a way to throw more CW era figures at us with some spicy logo. Which seems unnecessary as companies know these figures sell anyway.

The thing is though, Fordo isn't seen as canon is he? Lucasfilm might not approve a figure unless he falls under their new rhetoric.

Just seeing these little animations reminds me of how much energy this show had. Few lines of dialogue, big action. Short and to the point. No political nonsense, just clones doing what needed to be done.
Absolutely. There's a reason why they're still making hasbro figures of him so many years later despite him not even having a film appearance. His original release that has his phase 2 set up is still a couple hundred bucks.

More arcs the bettah
c34586c06cc7be45f5bb81a09ae66462daaf8f31_hq.gif

I think this means we get Obi-Wan in Clone Armor, Grievous, and Asajj Ventress!!!
Oh, if I could only have those three, I would be so very happy.....so much potential. With Hot Toys going ahead and releasing something like Boba from the comics or cartoon, why not do Tartakovksy's Clone Wars? Can't wait to see what series the figures come from.

Hopefully this incorporates at least some tartakovsky stuff, but it will likely be much more general. Maybe we will see Fives, republic commando characters, any version of ventress, and other highly requested releases fall under this umbrella.
For me, it's a win win which ever way Hot Toys go, or what they are able to release due to legalities. I do have more of a soft spot for the 03 Clone Wars cartoon series.

I love both Clone Wars and The Clone Wars so I’m happy with figures from either. That said, despite being the 20th anniversary of the Tartakovksy Clone Wars series, this will probably be more of a marketing push for the era as a whole. And Clones. Lots and lots of Clones of all types because they sell.

The Tartakovsky Clone Wars has a very special place in our hearts for a lot of us. I would definitely love figures from it; ARC Troopers in particular. I know they’re high up on many wishlists.

View attachment 615771

But I also love The Clone Wars which did some amazing things to develop the PT era and its characters. Clones especially received so much character development throughout the series run. So if this ends up being mostly TCW Clones, that would be amazing too.

:goodpost:
You described my sentiments exactly MyenShi. I had reservations about CW and TCW, then my opinion changed.....not only with the animated series' themselves, but with the prequel trilogy. CW and TCW was something that of course expanded on SW itself, but I really liked the character development for many of the characters that were already existing in the universe. Also the introduction of new characters, that imo, are some of the best.

Just seeing these little animations reminds me of how much energy this show had. Few lines of dialogue, big action. Short and to the point. No political nonsense, just clones doing what needed to be done.
Yes, so much action in Tartakovsky Clone Wars. Who can forget the 03 version of General Grievous, the voice, sounds and utter destructive nature of the character.....KILLER!:lightsabe

General Grievous GIF - General Grievous 2003Clonewars - Discover & Share  GIFs

For most of you Freaks that posted for this topic, you got me hyped.....let's go Hot Toys!

Back