1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Mine just shipped from SS, can't wait to get it. I have every Hot toys Cap except the AOU version. Is this one really that much better, or should I hunt down the AOU version too? I heard that the Ultron version was stiff in the legs, and the head sculpt was not as good.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

It's pretty hard getting him to hold the shield. The hand and wrist peg didn't want to cooperate for the longest time but I finally got it. Had to superglue a couple of the plastic pieces that attach the strap to the shield as they came loose. Overall though I really like this figure. My first Cap and it's definitely nice in hand.

The shield was a pain in the butt. I got used to the magnetic shield on AoU Cap.

This is my first Cap, and I love it. The new paint applications on the naked head sculpt make me happy I waited to pick up a Cap.

P.S. The mechanics of posing on the base and putting on the shield are bull $&@! Just saying. Lol
9952556cc05549f4092c07115eb5185f.jpg
a7f90c2999884461ca0aad9e00269e6b.jpg
a7c6dfe39c72ed6d2391c344d283dbb9.jpg
f6fa2f1d93e5527090bd7be53d02cefb.jpg
b29f23135937f33753a6dd63e08edda5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from the hips down,its almost exactly the stealth version

Mine just shipped from SS, can't wait to get it. I have every Hot toys Cap except the AOU version. Is this one really that much better, or should I hunt down the AOU version too? I heard that the Ultron version was stiff in the legs, and the head sculpt was not as good.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the headsculpt for the AoU version. Some people just didn't like that the eyes were not looking directly ahead. The legs are a bit stiffer on the AoU version compared to this one though. I have this, AoU and Stealth and enjoy each version because they're all different.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the headsculpt for the AoU version. Some people just didn't like that the eyes were not looking directly ahead. The legs are a bit stiffer on the AoU version compared to this one though. I have this, AoU and Stealth and enjoy each version because they're all different.

I have every version of Cap including some customs and I totally agree with everything you wrote. AOU version has one of the best looking suits In my opinion and obviously the best shield attachment method. Still, even after the BV CW Cap, I like the GA Cap shield the most. Best weathered Diecast shield so far!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 208

But I definitely do like the BV shield too. It's just a shame that everyone seems to be having to reglue the straps on the back. Not a huge deal but just frustrating.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 315

But I definitely do like the BV shield too. It's just a shame that everyone seems to be having to reglue the straps on the back. Not a huge deal but just frustrating.

Yeah mine came apart too, so I to re-glue as well. Oh well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The straps now both have snap connectors on both ends. Not sure why you'd have to reglue unless the snaps broke off from the clips. Mine just snapped back on and made the shield a whole lot easier to mount than previous Captain America shields.

Perfect use of the IM helmet :clap

I was out of town all week and just got home this weekend to find these waiting for me

capnstarkbox.jpg

capnstark.jpg

Really impressed with both of them.

Those are some awesome welcome home gifts. Nice pictures. Love Cap's box art.

The straps now both have snap connectors on both ends. Not sure why you'd have to reglue unless the snaps broke off from the clips. Mine just snapped back on and made the shield a whole lot easier to mount than previous Captain America shields.
They snap back in but come loose fairly easily. That's why I reglued them.

Yeah mine came apart too, so I to re-glue as well. Oh well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had to glue back 4 of the straps as well. One was already broken off out the package. A careful dab of superglue did the trick putting them back on. Please be extra careful mounting the shield to his arm.

Yeah definitely. I don't foresee myself taking the shield on and off too often at this point, especially after these issues.

Yeah definitely. I don't foresee myself taking the shield on and off too often at this point, especially after these issues.

Same here for me. With any Cap figure.

Quick look at mine. Love the figure. Definitely my favorite Cap. Do wish the head had a little more BD but otherwise very happy. He will be relocating to a shelf with Mark 45 when it arrives later this week.

I know the shield looks great with Cap holding it, but the base also allows for the shield to rest behind cap's legs & it's still a good look if you don't want to mess with the straps.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Back