1/6 Hot Toys-BvS: DOJ-1/6th Scale Armored Batman (Black Chrome Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both look great, but in the end, I'd go with the regular. Also, the mark of a really good figure to me is the figure should make the picture; the picture shouldn't have to make the figure.

True, in most instances. But the BC is the exception cause just like I mentioned before, the BC is one of the exceptions to the rule...Most figures, actually, almost all figures, look its best being lit by an LED in a detolf. It gives it a museum look.

The BC though, to me, looks its best outside the detolf, with the room lighting hitting it from all the angles.
And when placed in a detolf, its really a struggle to find that right lighting.

That's why I had to make a note that I didnt do justice to the BC cause the Regular is at its optimum pose with the lighting...while the BC, I just stuck it in there to take a picture next to the regular. And as you can see, if you dont find the right lighting by just sticking it in the shelf, the BC wont look as good.

This makes me sad, in your pics the regular does look much better :( Is the lighting there kinda subdued or just an effect of the darker background pic? The strip lighting I have now is so bright I've had to install a dimmer :lol not sure if that will help or hinder this figure. I really want to avoid having to source a regular version and sell this but starting to think I might have to. Will check him out tomorrow in the daylight but can't get him in the detolfs for at least a couple of weeks yet.

That's my bad. That's why I made a note mentioning that I'm not doing justice to the figure.
When I took the pic, the Regular was at its optimum pose with the lighting. The BC, I just stuck it in there and took a quick pic.
And as I mentioned before, the BC is extremely picky in finding that good lighting. So I kinda messed up taking that pic.

My personal opinion having both, hands down...the black chrome is the better looking of the two.
But personally, I'm kinda leaning into keeping the Regular cause when weighing with the pros and cons, I find more qualities that I like with the Regular.
That's why I'm having a hard time deciding.
I find more pro's with the Regular, but the BC looks better. Ung lol.

Sigh...decisions decisions decisions. :gah:

Mine shipped from Popcultcha. Looking forward to seeing it in person, but probably going to sell it as I only need one in my collection and it would always bother me that it wasn't the one on screen, no matte how good it looks.

That's my bad. That's why I made a note mentioning that I'm not doing justice to the figure.
When I took the pic, the Regular was at its optimum pose with the lighting. The BC, I just stuck it in there and took a quick pic.
And as I mentioned before, the BC is extremely picky in finding that good lighting. So I kinda messed up taking that pic.

My personal opinion having both, hands down...the black chrome is the better looking of the two.
But personally, I'm kinda leaning into keeping the Regular cause when weighing with the pros and cons, I find more qualities that I like with the Regular.
That's why I'm having a hard time deciding.
I find more pro's with the Regular, but the BC looks better. Ung lol.

Sigh...decisions decisions decisions. :gah:

Who'd have thought collecting figures could be such a torment :lol I'll stick with the BC for a few weeks and then decide how I feel, hopefully the regular will be available for a reasonable secondary market price by then if I decide to switch. Enjoyed your thoughts and pics on both figures, the fact you are still deciding probably speaks well for this figure given how accurate the regular is.

Who'd have thought collecting figures could be such a torment :lol I'll stick with the BC for a few weeks and then decide how I feel, hopefully the regular will be available for a reasonable secondary market price by then if I decide to switch. Enjoyed your thoughts and pics on both figures, the fact you are still deciding probably speaks well for this figure given how accurate the regular is.

Lol, I know, that's the ironic part. You would think I would be jumping for joy having both armored batman with me right now. But I'm actually quite miserable. :lol

If I choose the Regular, I'm having a hard time making sense of it knowing the other one looks better. :duh

I went ahead and got him as well. I guess I won't mind owning two. This one does look awesome, I'll probably pair him up alone w/ a Batman statue.

Took a quick look earlier and he does look pretty amazing in the daylight :) True test will come when I get him in the Detolf under LED light.

Finally on waitlist. Ended up using a $20 on him last week, now I need another one for Black Widow :lol

Good. I was getting close to buying it even though I had the regular version.

Yeah, my brother went to order one. Claims he is going to "borrow" mine lol

Just got this in from Popcultcha. Looks nice, but I think the regular version is the one I'm gonna keep, so this is going up for sale in the Marketplace...

31477768905_a1ce6e17fc_k.jpg31477764835_83fc59f9f7_k.jpg

This reminds me of the Amazon exclusive "Weaponized Kryptonite Batman" figure.

51zsnuJcR1L._SY300_.jpg

Is there any way he can hold the spear up? As he want it to throw? I guess not, right?

Back