1/6 Hot Toys-BvS: DOJ-1/6th Scale Armored Batman (Black Chrome Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived from Forbidden Planet on Thursday. The OSK spear arrived the week before. Going to wait for 🎄 to open up the box and put it together! 😉

Sent from my Xperia Z3 Compact via Tapatalk

Mine arrived from Forbidden Planet on Thursday. The OSK spear arrived the week before. Going to wait for �� to open up the box and put it together! ��

Sent from my Xperia Z3 Compact via Tapatalk

I'm planning the same with mine when it arrives on Tuesday...though not through choice :lol You might want to quickly check there are no defects just in case it needed returning. That's what I did with my regular Batman then boxed him up again.

I'm planning the same with mine when it arrives on Tuesday...though not through choice :lol You might want to quickly check there are no defects just in case it needed returning. That's what I did with my regular Batman then boxed him up again.

I tired telling my wife that's what I needed to do as well because there was a pretty good dent and tear in the shipper. But the most she would let me do was open the shipper and look at the actual box which didn't seem to have any damage on it so that's as far as she would let me open it...... Hopefully everything is good with the figure itself! Christmas Morning cant come fast enough haha! :impatient:

I tired telling my wife that's what I needed to do as well because there was a pretty good dent and tear in the shipper. But the most she would let me do was open the shipper and look at the actual box which didn't seem to have any damage on it so that's as far as she would let me open it...... Hopefully everything is good with the figure itself! Christmas Morning cant come fast enough haha! :impatient:

Wow that's harsh! I don't see what harm just quickly checking for damage can do. It's not like you assembling it, displaying it or getting out any of the accessories. It's obviously unlikely but even on these threads people have reported damaged figures they've had to get replaced. Much better to do it now than find it defective at Christmas. Or your wife could check it for you as long as she doesn't mistake the weathered look for real damage :lol

Wow that's harsh! I don't see what harm just quickly checking for damage can do. It's not like you assembling it, displaying it or getting out any of the accessories. It's obviously unlikely but even on these threads people have reported damaged figures they've had to get replaced. Much better to do it now than find it defective at Christmas. Or your wife could check it for you as long as she doesn't mistake the weathered look for real damage :lol

Yea I told her I didn't care not to open it any further as long as either her or my father actually opened it up and actually made sure nothing was broken missing or any other major defects. So I know if something is really out of the ordinary they will get a replacement. I didn't get the big deal about me taking a look at the damage but she puts up with and supports my collecting hobbies and it was awesome she got me it in the first place! Happy Wife Happy Life so I'm told haha! :lol

Yea I told her I didn't care not to open it any further as long as either her or my father actually opened it up and actually made sure nothing was broken missing or any other major defects. So I know if something is really out of the ordinary they will get a replacement. I didn't get the big deal about me taking a look at the damage but she puts up with and supports my collecting hobbies and it was awesome she got me it in the first place! Happy Wife Happy Life so I'm told haha! :lol

That much is true, its an awesome gift to get for sure. :)

Anyone's figure leaning to one side? Or having a slightly longer leg? Mine seems to have both.

My BC is here. Gorgeous! Stunning! My favorite of all. Now Snyder needs to recut the UE and recolor the suit to BC. Then we will have a close to perfection DOJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have got this with my Stoney's Stand, Knightmare and regular Bats with Coco's stands... much better than the stands they come with.

bcbatstoney.jpg
bcstoney.jpg
batcoco.jpg
batmancoco.jpg
batmanstoney.jpg
batstoney.jpg

Shoddy cellphone photos in bat lighting, but it gives you an idea.

Looks good and I agree much better than the stock stands, especially the BC stock. I'm expecting delivery of a Stony stand for my BC figure next week and might well get some for my regular Bats, Supes and WW in the new year.

Yeah I highly suggest both CoCo and Stoney's stands. CoCo is a bit more cost effective.

Stoney's is on hiatus for a bit, but once he is back I will be getting a custom I spoke with him about as well as two more on the one pictured above. Oh and the Batman accessory stand.

Received my regular Armored Batman and spear.
Now comes the hard part of trying to decide which one to keep. I only want one version of armored batman.

(I know I'm not doing justice to the black chrome on the first two pictures cause I briefly placed it in the shelf and took a quick pic and didnt find that right lighting :slap)

My opinion of the two.
The Regular Armored Batman has quite a few things that makes it better. You can see more detail being lighter color. It looks more like its made of metal. Its also accurate color of the movie suit. Love the subtle gold color of the belt and fins.

The Black Chrome looks amazing when you find the right lighting. It doesnt look metallic though like the Regular version, it looks more plasticky. Its black...its bad ass.

This is a hard decision cause honestly, hands down...the Black chrome looks better.
But I find more pro's choosing the Regular version.

The black chrome is like that shiny black car. Sure, the purple or blue car shows all the details, Looks amazing.
...But still...it looks incredible in black. lol

:gah: I dont know which one to keep.

Both look great, but in the end, I'd go with the regular. Also, the mark of a really good figure to me is the figure should make the picture; the picture shouldn't have to make the figure.

Received my regular Armored Batman and spear.
Now comes the hard part of trying to decide which one to keep. I only want one version of armored batman.

(I know I'm not doing justice to the black chrome on the first two pictures cause I briefly placed it in the shelf and took a quick pic and didnt find that right lighting :slap)

My opinion of the two.
The Regular Armored Batman has quite a few things that makes it better. You can see more detail being lighter color. It looks more like its made of metal. Its also accurate color of the movie suit. Love the subtle gold color of the belt and fins.

The Black Chrome looks amazing when you find the right lighting. It doesnt look metallic though like the Regular version, it looks more plasticky. Its black...its bad ass.

This is a hard decision cause honestly, hands down...the Black chrome looks better.
But I find more pro's choosing the Regular version.

The black chrome is like that shiny black car. Sure, the purple or blue car shows all the details, Looks amazing.
...But still...it looks incredible in black. lol

:gah: I dont know which one to keep.

This makes me sad, in your pics the regular does look much better :( Is the lighting there kinda subdued or just an effect of the darker background pic? The strip lighting I have now is so bright I've had to install a dimmer :lol not sure if that will help or hinder this figure. I really want to avoid having to source a regular version and sell this but starting to think I might have to. Will check him out tomorrow in the daylight but can't get him in the detolfs for at least a couple of weeks yet.

Back