1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today. Little disappointed as I was one of the unlucky ones I think. The suits fused at the arm and leg tried to separate it and it looks as though it will damage the suit more. Any one else had this?
6d017a26534df24dea5ce46d38e4441a.jpg
65c8910b7e1f4533d9327430e914e7d6.jpg
42ec02f7a031cb8cb5633d022d19283a.jpg
1132fc7cfa4b71915e9e952c091ac0cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had it on my first figure, it kept being sticky unders the arms.
Since i removed the suit, i washed it completely with hand soap.
No sticky suit anymore.
You could wash those areas without removing the suit.

ya. i would like to know it too.
seem very difficult to unzip.
any answer?

Its difficult only at the top.
probably because there is is some fabric stuck in it.
I used small pliers to push downthe zipper (dont forget to remove the headsculpt).
But the difficult thing is to get the cape free to remove the suit.
The cape goes inside the chest trough holes and has two clip that stop it from coming out.
I cut it to let it free but i think yu could probably get the clip out by warming up the chest holes and get them out.

Thanks I was thinking something along those line would help, looks like the tribal has been a little messed up hope it's not too bad.

Just finishing up my first run of custom spears for the boardies and snapped a few pictures of the near finished product..

Last edited:
Got mine today. Little disappointed as I was one of the unlucky ones I think. The suits fused at the arm and leg tried to separate it and it looks as though it will damage the suit more. Any one else had this?
6d017a26534df24dea5ce46d38e4441a.jpg
65c8910b7e1f4533d9327430e914e7d6.jpg
42ec02f7a031cb8cb5633d022d19283a.jpg
1132fc7cfa4b71915e9e952c091ac0cb.jpg

vaseline will treat them

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Had it on my first figure, it kept being sticky unders the arms.
Since i removed the suit, i washed it completely with hand soap.
No sticky suit anymore.
You could wash those areas without removing the suit.

Its difficult only at the top.
probably because there is is some fabric stuck in it.
I used small pliers to push downthe zipper (dont forget to remove the headsculpt).
But the difficult thing is to get the cape free to remove the suit.
The cape goes inside the chest trough holes and has two clip that stop it from coming out.
I cut it to let it free but i think yu could probably get the clip out by warming up the chest holes and get them out.
thanks for the reply.
it seems complicated. better not to unzip it.
i thought of modifying his thighs. better just leave it.

061268b46f453a53caad210f0e6710ec.jpg
looks like the regular superman edition is on wait list now, I'm actually surprised this happened. I'm just glad I was able to get my exclusive editions early from HK's Secret Base

061268b46f453a53caad210f0e6710ec.jpg
looks like the regular superman edition is on wait list now, I'm actually surprised this happened. I'm just glad I was able to get my exclusive editions early from HK's Secret Base
b526d47dbb3acc6fa04c5100db752f56.jpg

They look so good together, can't wait to get my hands on the bat.

So I took my Superman out of the box and gave it a really thorough look over. I checked him out when I got him and put him back in the box. I noticed he has a few snags on his cape, nothing major but still a thread or two poking out nothing that cant be snipped away. What I don't like is that he has a spot of what looks like glue on his backside and also he has a silver cuff sticking out from his left sleeve where his hand is. It isn't visible on the other sleeve and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think his costume has silver cuffs sticking out from the sleeves right?image.jpg

Have you tried pulling the sleeve down? It's supposed to cover the wrist joint entirely. The silver you see is what the body is painted, so the sleeve is definitely higher than it should be.

I pulled it down and while it did help a bit, it still rides up and exposes a sliver of the silver bit. It's a bit annoying considering the other sleeve is perfectly positioned.

Sort of wish I had jumped on this figure and sold off the Man of Steel version as it looks a bit better in my opinion. Ah well I guess I can always get the version from Justice League.

image.jpg

That's his other hand. Doesn't completely cover the wrist joint on that hand either. Same as the other side if I pull it down it comes down but kind of rides back up slightly. Can't get it to completely stay down to his hands. I emailed Sideshow since I really don't want to perform any surgeries. Never had to on a figure before.

View attachment 287140

That's his other hand. Doesn't completely cover the wrist joint on that hand either. Same as the other side if I pull it down it comes down but kind of rides back up slightly. Can't get it to completely stay down to his hands. I emailed Sideshow since I really don't want to perform any surgeries. Never had to on a figure before.
I had the same issue but it's an easy fix. All you have to do is straighten out the arms (leave them down, just no bend on the elbows), then you need to pull down from the shoulder, then pull down a little lower and so on until you get to the wrist gauntlets to cover the wrist joint. MAke sure you do it gently and with patience so you don't rip it. You may have to work it down a couple of times. One it's down enough and you are happy with it you can bend the elbow again. This is what I did and it not only worked to cover the wrist joints, it also helped with the creases around the shoulders & elbows.

The sleeve can easily be pulled down, as explained above. They generally don't cover the entire wrist peg on this figure from what I've seen, but you shouldn't be able to see any of the silver from the body either. Also, the relaxed hands will naturally expose a bit more of the wrist joints than the fisted hands, given the way the hands are cut. The relaxed hands have more of a curved cut at the top of the hands whereas the fists are relatively straight across at the top. Your figure's right arm is perfect in my opinion, actually; it covers most of the joint but still gives enough room to move the hand about freely. One of my BvS Supes figures also has one of those small what looks to be glue spots you're referring to on his arse, but it's very small and doesn't really bother me as it's covered by the cape anyway.

Back