1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some crappy pics with my handphone... self-made Kryptonite spear... hehe
VXBc2UX.jpg

hV1nEk7.jpg

gmDHx6D.jpg

Figs are looking good! :clap

Being a little more lenient (where applicable) and interpreting things differently is definitely the key. One example of many: I know it's a joke for the most part but if you're someone who thinks that Bats let up on Supes and their conflict got resolved because their moms had the same name, then no wonder why you hate the movie :lol. They way I read all of that was, saying "Martha" is just what got Bruce's attention and snapped him out of a blind rage before he was going to impale Supes. It humanized Clark and helped Bruce relate to him. It sparked the realization that Clark is a "person" with the right intentions, and not an "alien" with the wrong ones.

Plus I think it's hard to judge, review and truly appreciate a movie by seeing it once. Personally my opinions almost always change (usually for the better) after a second and third watch

Agreed. I still think he comes to accept and trust Superman a little too quickly and easily in the movie (especially after watching him spend all that time plotting and preparing to kill the guy while fuming and raging over the threat he feels Superman represents). But the idea something like that would snap him out of the rage of the moment, and stop him from completely finishing off Superman, feels perfectly plausible to me.

Figs are looking good! :clap

Being a little more lenient (where applicable) and interpreting things differently is definitely the key. One example of many: I know it's a joke for the most part but if you're someone who thinks that Bats let up on Supes and their conflict got resolved because their moms had the same name, then no wonder why you hate the movie :lol. They way I read all of that was, saying "Martha" is just what got Bruce's attention and snapped him out of a blind rage before he was going to impale Supes. It humanized Clark and helped Bruce relate to him. It sparked the realization that Clark is a "person" with the right intentions, and not an "alien" with the wrong ones.

Plus I think it's hard to judge, review and truly appreciate a movie by seeing it once. Personally my opinions almost always change (usually for the better) after a second and third watch

Thanks regarding the figs! :duff

My sentiments as well. The only thing I'll add is that it essentially made Bruce/Batman realize that the "bad guy" was himself. In that single moment, the last 20 years came crashing down on him. He realized that he had become the very type of person that he despised that caused him to become that jaded in the first place. I also concur that it's diificult to judge, review, catch all the themes and truly see a film for what it was intended to be on only one watch. I'm always catching new lines and interpreting what they meant to me with each watch. And it usually helps me have an even more favorable opinion of the film, like you said.

i like this brilliant quote so much " Marvel makes a human superhero while DC make a superhero human" sorta... so both are different and will have their own markets and fans...

This is actually an accurate assessment I believe.

Agreed. I still think he comes to accept and trust Superman a little too quickly and easily in the movie (especially after watching him spend all that time plotting and preparing to kill the guy while fuming and raging over the threat he feels Superman represents). But the idea something like that would snap him out of the rage of the moment, and stop him from completely finishing off Superman, feels perfectly plausible to me.

Agreed, he did change his mind pretty quick :lol. But I guess that's another one of those things you have to through a little leniency and imagination at to rationalize it. A lot of aspects in these type of story-lines have to be sped up to fit inside of 2½ hours. I think that Bruce was following through with his plan but his rage was softening greatly with Alfred in his head and finding out about Diana and the others. Once he realized that there are other metahumans that stood for good, I imagine that in the back of his mind he realized he was wrong but was so invested in his plan he went along with it. The whole Martha thing was the the final little push he needed to realize he was wrong.

hi guys... newbie here. many awesome pics and post here.
BvS superman is my 1st hot toys figure. i love it so much. look really good and regal. love to make many poses with him and snap pic.

i have few questions...
can he fold his arms in front of his chest...?
can he put his hand straight up?
and is there a lois lane figure? where can i buy it?

Welcome to the forum! There hasn't been any Lois figs made to date by any company to my knowledge, so I'm not sure they would start now with Adam's iteration.

As far as I saw, Leenart posted some of the most dynamic poses in this thread. I think the arms are single jointed so you can't bend them more than 90° but you could get the arms above his head. Don't leave it posed like that for too long because it can stretch/crease the suit. Check out his pics on p.325:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...1-hot-toys-bvs-dawn-justice-superman-325.html

Agreed, he did change his mind pretty quick :lol. But I guess that's another one of those things you have to through a little leniency and imagination at to rationalize it. A lot of aspects in these type of story-lines have to be sped up to fit inside of 2½ hours. I think that Bruce was following through with his plan but his rage was softening greatly with Alfred in his head and finding out about Diana and the others. Once he realized that there are other metahumans that stood for good, I imagine that in the back of his mind he realized he was wrong but was so invested in his plan he went along with it. The whole Martha thing was the the final little push he needed to realize he was wrong.

One of my favorite scenes in the film was actually the "Superman was never real" scene. It was only a few lines, but actually pretty powerful and poignant when you really parse what was said. I feel you have to really analyze society and understand the tendencies and mentality of a lot of people in today's society to really feel the emotion and power in that scene.

One of my favorite scenes in the film was actually the "Superman was never real" scene. It was only a few lines, but actually pretty powerful and poignant when you really parse what was said. I feel you have to really analyze society and understand the tendencies and mentality of a lot of people in today's society to really feel the emotion and power in that scene.

I feel there are several powerful and poignant moments, but I guess we're in the minority of people who see it that way

image.jpg
Wire cape off Jaxon. What do you guys think? I'm pretty happy with it, wire pose took a bit of getting used to though.

Just got mine in, looks good but feel a few mods will make it better. Just want to ask if anyone has unzipped the suit yet and if it's easy to zip back up? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for all the replies and welcomes.

talk about BvS movie:-

i don't think it's too quick for bruce to change his mind to help superman. it's "Martha"!!! he finally had the chance to save Martha!!! you think he will still hesitate to consider about it???

the superman is never real... ya... there are so many heart breaking moments for superman in this movie... just too many... pity him so much...

Looks excellent with the wire cape. Was it hard to attach? I'm considering getting Tony Mei's wired cape.

Cape was a bit tuff to pull out. I was nervous in case I teared anything. One pleat came out fine with the clip still attached to it. The other I had to work with and came out with no clip on it. For the new cape you just put the pleats down the hole on the collar with a flat head screw driver.

Ive subscribed to a couple of threads but they do not show up on my subscriptions feed. Anyone have any idea why? Sorry its off topic.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Back