1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum! There hasn't been any Lois figs made to date by any company to my knowledge, so I'm not sure they would start now with Adam's iteration.

As far as I saw, Leenart posted some of the most dynamic poses in this thread. I think the arms are single jointed so you can't bend them more than 90° but you could get the arms above his head. Don't leave it posed like that for too long because it can stretch/crease the suit. Check out his pics on p.325:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...1-hot-toys-bvs-dawn-justice-superman-325.html

u are right. i left it in the flying up pose for a day. later i found that the suit at the shoulder getting lose a bit and the clip has sorta 'damaged' the suit at the waist. :( regreting now...

For anyone that has had their Supes in a levitating pose with the c-clamp, how safe is it regarding potential damage to the suit at all? I've never been a fan of c-clamps, but as shown in my pictures a couple of pages back, I have the one Supes figure with the OSK heat sculpt in a levitating pose, but c-clamps always concern me.

I wouldn't leave the figure in the c-clamp for more than a few minutes, only for photos, just to be safe. Pressure applied to the suit will eventually damage it. Even pressure applied for a few minutes could potentially damage it. Any kind of pressure between 2 materials is bound to leave some sort of mark eventually irregardless of materials used. So best not to!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm too nervous to use the clamp myself, with how tightly it needs to grasp the body just to lift the heavy figure up. Seems like there would be a good chance of it leaving a dent in the outfit after a while.

I had my MOS displayed using the C clamp for a few months and it will mark the suit. I had small indentations in the black rubber parts, don't think I'll be putting my BVS in it. Shame there isn't a better solution because supes looks best in a flight pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, good call. I really wanted to have the second figure (with the OSK heat vision sculpt) in a levitating flight pose to emulate the scene were he levitated and took out Armored Bat's machine guns with his heat vision. As mentioned though, I just really don't trust c-clamps at all. I'd trust them more on Iron Man figures for instance, where it's against a smooth surface to where even if it does leave a mark, it'd be most likely easier to clean off. Not on fabric though and especially with the blue piping on the sides of of the suit. I know there's the magnet solution, but I'm personally not interested in having to mod the back of the figure in order to make that happen.

I'll just settle for the pose based on the Knightmare scene where he was walking towards Knightmare Bats and used his heat vision on the individuals that were next to Knightmare Bats. Guess that means I'll need two cradle stands from other BvS figures to be able to put on the Superman bases.

For anyone that has had their Supes in a levitating pose with the c-clamp, how safe is it regarding potential damage to the suit at all? I've never been a fan of c-clamps, but as shown in my pictures a couple of pages back, I have the one Supes figure with the OSK heat sculpt in a levitating pose, but c-clamps always concern me.

Hey, I had my MoS Supes like this for about 6+ months...no problem what so ever. If BvS is as durable, don't know...

One of my favorite scenes in the film was actually the "Superman was never real" scene. It was only a few lines, but actually pretty powerful and poignant when you really parse what was said. I feel you have to really analyze society and understand the tendencies and mentality of a lot of people in today's society to really feel the emotion and power in that scene.

Boom! Hit the nail on the head man. I love this movie. Structurally it's brilliant...cinema at it's finest. I read an interview with Deborah Snyder on why people were divided on BVS. She said "People don't like their heroes to be deconstructed". Well that's the audiences problem. The movie doesn't sugar coat anything. Just look at all the things that's happening in the world today. Humans and society is complex and I like how the movie is willing to show and analyse that. The themes and character archs for Superman and Batman are just excellently handled. We don't really get movies that genuinely attempt something with honesty, subtlety and depth. In this regard, Jungle Book is another movie that really surprised me. Didn't expect to enjoy that more than I did.

People are of coarse entitled to their opinions, but if your problems are merely subjective things like tone and "set pieces", then that's not the fault of the movie.

Last edited:
Boom! Hit the nail on the head man. I love this movie. Structurally it's brilliant...cinema at it's finest. I read an interview with Deborah Snyder on why people were divided on BVS. She said "People don't like their heroes to be deconstructed". Well that's the audiences problem. The movie doesn't sugar coat anything. Just look at all the things that's happening in the world today. Humans and society is complex and I like how the movie is willing to show and analyse that. The themes and character archs for Superman and Batman are just excellently handled. We don't really get movies that genuinely attempt something with honesty, subtlety and depth. In this regard, Jungle Book is another movie that really surprised me. Didn't expect to enjoy that more than I did.

People are of coarse entitled to their opinions, but if your problems are merely subjective things like tone and "set pieces", then that's not the fault of the movie.

Firstly, I did enjoy the movie, more so the ultimate edition but it had many flaws. I'm not trying to pick a fight but I call BS. Some of the best superhero films had their heroes "deconstructed" like IM 1, Cap: WS, GotG, Batman Begins, Civil War. Of course the tones were much lighter in most but overall, the aforementioned films had moments of crises for the heroes involved.

The movie wasn't well received because of the DC/WB rush to catch up with Marvel. In my opinion, with how divided MoS was received, they should have instantly realized that changes needed to be made and to start the franchise walking, into a jog and eventually into a marathon run, not a sprint which is what it seems DC/WB are doing. Instead of BvS, wouldn't it have been great to be introduced to the new Batfleck in his own solo film first? People were upset with Ben's casting in the beginning but he was definitely the stand out star of the film. It's just like the old saying goes, you've got to learn how to walk before you can run.

Not a Marvel fanboy, not a DC fanboy, I love them both with equal passion!

I had my MOS displayed using the C clamp for a few months and it will mark the suit. I had small indentations in the black rubber parts, don't think I'll be putting my BVS in it. Shame there isn't a better solution because supes looks best in a flight pose.

I was wondering about the same thing. Had my C. Reeve on a flight pose for few month but took it down because for that reason. Good to know.

Late to the party but thought I'd share a couple of pics. I used a binder clip instead the waist grabber. Used the MOS head and stand. I like the way it allows the cape to lay flat across the back. File Aug 14, 11 41 18 AM.jpgFile Aug 14, 11 41 36 AM.jpgFile Aug 14, 11 41 52 AM.jpg

Agreed. I thought the themes explored in this film were magnificent. It sort of paints a dark picture of the world, but at the same time, I feel a lot of it was accurate and I like how the film makers took the time to really explore these themes and incorporate them into the film and how it relates to the idea of "Superman" and him having his ideals challenged and him being forced to confront them amid today's world

Firstly, I did enjoy the movie, more so the ultimate edition but it had many flaws. I'm not trying to pick a fight but I call BS. Some of the best superhero films had their heroes "deconstructed" like IM 1, Cap: WS, GotG, Batman Begins, Civil War. Of course the tones were much lighter in most but overall, the aforementioned films had moments of crises for the heroes involved.

The movie wasn't well received because of the DC/WB rush to catch up with Marvel. In my opinion, with how divided MoS was received, they should have instantly realized that changes needed to be made and to start the franchise walking, into a jog and eventually into a marathon run, not a sprint which is what it seems DC/WB are doing. Instead of BvS, wouldn't it have been great to be introduced to the new Batfleck in his own solo film first? People were upset with Ben's casting in the beginning but he was definitely the stand out star of the film. It's just like the old saying goes, you've got to learn how to walk before you can run.

Not a Marvel fanboy, not a DC fanboy, I love them both with equal passion!

I actually agree with this also regarding the films you mentioned. However, I personally like that they first introduced this adaptation of Batman in a movie with other characters in it. I think TDK trilogy is still a bit too fresh in people's minds to do another solo Batman film right off the bat, so including him in a film with other heroes in it sort of solidifies that this is an entirely separate universe than TDK one. Not sure if I explained that correctly. :lol

Late to the party but thought I'd share a couple of pics. I used a binder clip instead the waist grabber. Used the MOS head and stand. I like the way it allows the cape to lay flat across the back.View attachment 286806View attachment 286807View attachment 286808

Now, that solve a lot of my dilemma; I want to use play toy flexible stand because I can insert a picture on the base but that thing has a clipper straight upward instead of jutting out forward, (so you have to bend the rod and it will obstruct the cape.)

Got mine today. Little disappointed as I was one of the unlucky ones I think. The suits fused at the arm and leg tried to separate it and it looks as though it will damage the suit more. Any one else had this?
6d017a26534df24dea5ce46d38e4441a.jpg
65c8910b7e1f4533d9327430e914e7d6.jpg
42ec02f7a031cb8cb5633d022d19283a.jpg
1132fc7cfa4b71915e9e952c091ac0cb.jpg

Just got mine in, looks good but feel a few mods will make it better. Just want to ask if anyone has unzipped the suit yet and if it's easy to zip back up? Thanks for your help!

ya. i would like to know it too.
seem very difficult to unzip.

any answer?

Back