1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the price of this is going to sink like a rock like the Man of Steel version did. I'm a bit tempted but feel like I should hold off for a while.

Considering how it's apparently free shipping for it now...I feel it's gonna be discounted within a few months. Hard to say though. Then again, When batman hits, there's a chance superman will sell out due to collectors wanting the set.

Whoa...goofy looking is a bit harsh no? What's so bad about it?

Yeah, maybe it's a bit harsh but I don't know how else to describe it.
I've reached that unpleasant point where all I can see when I look at him are the things I dislike.
Christopher Reeve's Superman figure and then the MOS one were instant classics for me, not this one.
I can always sell him down the line if he doesn't grow on me.

Considering how it's apparently free shipping for it now...I feel it's gonna be discounted within a few months. Hard to say though. Then again, When batman hits, there's a chance superman will sell out due to collectors wanting the set.

I believe that the price will curtail in the future and you'll be able to snare this figure at a deal, but as far as the free shipping goes, I think that may have just been a today only thing. I received an email from SSC advertising they were offering free shipping today on various items. Perhaps BvS Supes was one of them.

Yeah, maybe it's a bit harsh but I don't know how else to describe it.
I've reached that unpleasant point where all I can see when I look at him are the things I dislike.
Christopher Reeve's Superman figure and then the MOS one were instant classics for me, not this one.
I can always sell him down the line if he doesn't grow on me.

I feel you. it's the same way for me with The Wolverine figure (not the DofP ver). That thing hurt. I always collect two of every figure, and I had my friend, a toy shop owner, order two for me. And when the final product came out, I was MAD. I wanted to cancel them but my friend had already ordered them for me. I gave one of them away to a cousin and kept one for myself...but I don't even know what to do with it because it's such a colossal let down.

It's a shame you don't like this superman that much. I think it's a great figure. It stops short of awesome due to lack of a second HS, but what we have now is pretty damn good IMO.

I believe that the price will curtail in the future and you'll be able to snare this figure at a deal, but as far as the free shipping goes, I think that may have just been a today only thing. I received an email from SSC advertising they were offering free shipping today on various items. Perhaps BvS Supes was one of them.

Honestly, if this figure doesn't do all that well, HT have no one else to blame but themselves. Superman as an action figure is limited by his nature, so to make him more appealing to consumers, especially in Asia, you gotta throw in as much accessories as you can to make his dollar amount justifiable.

Man..I miss the good ol days:

THIS IS WHAT THE BvS SUPERMAN release should have been! Granted it took HT 2 releases to get to the 2 in 1, but it was awesome and made sense for superman.

Unfortunately, This figure could very well bomb hard in Asia due to lack of accessories and not due to popularity. I believe he'll do decently here because superman is an American icon...but in Asia, especially China, a few more accessories would've been more enticing for the regular collector. A 2 in 1 with an aggressive price tag (as in as cheap as possible) would've for damn sure made this one of the must haves of the year.

I like the figure. I'm satisfied with it...to an extent. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish for a more robust package. Sadly, this kind of **** is the norm now.

;)
Would love to see yur faora :)

Here are some pics. I'm not the best photographer. This is originally the kit made by Scalleta Studios with some tweaks and assembled by me

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Question since I don't have an extra pair of long ankle pegs....is bvs supes the same height as MOS if u change his pegs to long ones?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Question since I don't have an extra pair of long ankle pegs....is bvs supes the same height as MOS if u change his pegs to long ones?

From what I've heard and from pictures I've seen, yes. Or vice versa (putting shorter pegs in MoS Supes).

From what I've heard and from pictures I've seen, yes. Or vice versa (putting shorter pegs in MoS Supes).
I figured that....wish I could find like an in between length...MoS is a tad tall and bvs needs a lil boost haha

The more I look at my figure the more I hate the head sculpt, it's just goofy.
This really dampens my appreciation for this figure, despite the better costume I find the MOS figure to be the better one.
I blame myself, I disliked the prototype as well as the first in hand pictures and still bought him.
By contrast I already know I'll love the upcoming Batmen, I've liked everything I've seen so far.
Superman is gonna stay in his box in case I decide to sell him at some point.
Either you like BVS head sculpt or MOS.....this one matches how he looks more in the movie and IMHO has more details vs MOS which is more soft looking. I never did like MOS body due to the super tall slender and somewhat out of proportion body used by HT. Also, MOS has a more neutral expression vs BVS more menacing look to it. Don't forget he's aged a few years vs MOS.

I personally think the BvS sculpt bears a better likeness and is a bit sharper; the MoS sculpt is a bit soft looking in comparison. I still think it's a great sculpt though and each sculpt accurately represents how he looked in each film.

I don't know which review it was off hand, but someone in a review put the MoS sculpt on the BvS figure and it still looked great.

BVS sculpt flaw is the freaking nose.
Its awefully too big. MOS one is Perfect.

Too much time on my hands and no wife and kids around end up with playing with my dolls a lot and to find new ideas.
I really like the Tony mei stand mod, but i dont feel ok to drill the body and cut the suit but i came up with another idea when i saw the first order heavy gunner magnet mod.
Since i opened BVS/MOS bodies i discovered how the abs area where put together.
image.jpg
image.jpg

And so instead of drilling, a big powerfull magnet inside the abs and one instead of the clamp would do the trick.
Gonna look into it :)
image.jpg

Here are some pics. I'm not the best photographer. This is originally the kit made by Scalleta Studios with some tweaks and assembled by me

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

your set up looks great mate ,in fact in my opinion and no slight on anyone elses work ,id say even out of all the awesome mods,repaints and photography in the man of steel thread and elsewhere on the site ,your group shot shows the superman figure off to its full potential and it looks so lifelike and natural that its hard to believe its just 12 inches approx tall lol ,they look awesome :duff

I feel you. it's the same way for me with The Wolverine figure (not the DofP ver). That thing hurt. I always collect two of every figure, and I had my friend, a toy shop owner, order two for me. And when the final product came out, I was MAD. I wanted to cancel them but my friend had already ordered them for me. I gave one of them away to a cousin and kept one for myself...but I don't even know what to do with it because it's such a colossal let down.

It's a shame you don't like this superman that much. I think it's a great figure. It stops short of awesome due to lack of a second HS, but what we have now is pretty damn good IMO.

Honestly, if this figure doesn't do all that well, HT have no one else to blame but themselves. Superman as an action figure is limited by his nature, so to make him more appealing to consumers, especially in Asia, you gotta throw in as much accessories as you can to make his dollar amount justifiable.

Man..I miss the good ol days:

THIS IS WHAT THE BvS SUPERMAN release should have been! Granted it took HT 2 releases to get to the 2 in 1, but it was awesome and made sense for superman.

Unfortunately, This figure could very well bomb hard in Asia due to lack of accessories and not due to popularity. I believe he'll do decently here because superman is an American icon...but in Asia, especially China, a few more accessories would've been more enticing for the regular collector. A 2 in 1 with an aggressive price tag (as in as cheap as possible) would've for damn sure made this one of the must haves of the year.

I like the figure. I'm satisfied with it...to an extent. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish for a more robust package. Sadly, this kind of **** is the norm now.

this is a good post. the BVS superman should have come with three heads.

1. normal
2. messed up hair
3. LED heat vision.

and an optional clark kent/superman 2 pack like they did with captain america winter soldier.

this is a good post. the BVS superman should have come with three heads.

1. normal
2. messed up hair
3. LED heat vision.

and an optional clark kent/superman 2 pack like they did with captain america winter soldier.

An optional Clark Kent/Superman two pack would have been pretty neat. As I've said before, civvie versions of figures usually don't sell well on their own, and TWS Captain America two pack didn't sell very well, either. However, I don't think it's the Steve Rogers figure alone that sunk sales of that set; it was indeed the fact that nobody really had an interest in a civvie version of a character and also the fact that the Captain America Strike Suit was a relatively unpopular suit and figure in general. If one was going to get a Captain America figure to represent Cap in their collection, it wouldn't be the Strike Suit being that it's not a traditional red white and blue Cap suit. Both figures (Strike Suit and civvie Steve Rogers) are figures one would only get if someone already had their marquee Cap figure, or two.

However, Superman is Superman. A Superman/Clark Kent two pack may have been a neat set.

I've been saying this for years. Hot toys needs to do a 2.0. I think it would sell nicely. Especially with true Superman fans.
Absolutely. A month ago I rewatched SR for the first time in years and enjoyed it even more than I did back then. Imagine how great a new Routh figure would look now.

However, Superman is Superman. A Superman/Clark Kent two pack may have been a neat set.

this could have been the exclusive version instead of that kryptonite ball.(shouldn't he have come with the spear instead?) limit it to 500 or a thousand units.

Last edited:
Back