1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived about 2 hours ago. Great looking figure. As others have stated, better than the MoS version. I won't say head and shoulders better because I still do quite like the MoS version, but there are definitely a lot of improvements. Cape sits better at the shoulders, cape drapes a lot nicer, the height proportion is a bit better, the sculpt I think is better, etc. The thighs are a bit large, but they're actually not that bad in hand as pictures make them out to be. The Kryptonite accessory is a cool piece. It's extremely bright when you first turn it on, but it dims a bit (which looks more the way it did in the film I think) after you leave it on for about a minute or so.

The base is also a bit bigger than I thought it would be. Wish it had a standard u-shaped crotch grabber though, as I don't really care for c-clamps. I'll probably pick up a separate Batman or WW base later, which both have crotch grabbers, and peel off the name plate and put the Superman name plate on it in its place.

Box is also cool, but the MoS box is far superior.

With the MoS figure, both stock as can be:

View attachment 272524

Grats bud. :hi5:
HT did an amazing job.
What I have to give credit to ht is that even though when the new suit was revealed, people had to compare the difference, it would have been easy for HT to just rerelease the mos figure with the subtle changes, but instead, it's a complete different figure from the ground up.
The figure looks amazing.

I'v asked this before but have to check:

everybody who got Supes from Sideshow how was it packaged? just regular card box? or into big box? Cz I'm using forwarder company and have to pay for box size.

Grats bud. :hi5:
HT did an amazing job.
What I have to give credit to ht is that even though when the new suit was revealed, people had to compare the difference, it would have been easy for HT to just rerelease the mos figure with the subtle changes, but instead, it's a complete different figure from the ground up.
The figure looks amazing.

Thanks, man! :duff

And I agree, kudos to HT in that sense. Had they just recycled the MoS body and sculpt, they probably could have pumped this figure out even sooner than they did. But like you said, despite the subtle changes in the suit, they fashioned an entirely new figure. I haven't looked, but I've heard that the BvS figure sports a silver body. You can tell the difference of the silver reflection on the two suits in the light. The BvS figure definitely has more of a discernible silver reflection to the suit.

Even for a collector like yourself who likes to mod, I don't really see a lot of necessary mods that really need to be done to this figure. The outlining around the S on the glyph I've seen people mod to where the outlining color isn't as prevalent, but that's something minor to me. Perhaps removing the added thigh enhancing pieces, but as I mentioned, while still a bit large, they don't look quite as bad/bulky in hand as pictures make them out to be. People will probably get custom capes as well, but they definitely made a lot of improvements with this one over the stock MoS cape. It's flat against his shoulders, it's not as large, and the pleats in it are a bit more "round" so to speak, as opposed to being flat, intricate folds like the MoS cape. It causes it to drape a bit nicer I think. It feels like it's a bit more lightweight than the MoS and Thor capes. A different material.

I'v asked this before but have to check:

everybody who got Supes from Sideshow how was it packaged? just regular card box? or into big box? Cz I'm using forwarder company and have to pay for box size.

They ship it in a shipper the size of the art box unless one pays for a packout.

Cool review, AB! :clap

Just a few quick iPhone images of mine as he currently stands in one of my display curios. Can't stop admiring this figure.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I really enjoyed the film, so that makes me enjoy the figure even more. Although, this particular scene makes me admire it even more so:

Thanks, man! :duff

And I agree, kudos to HT in that sense. Had they just recycled the MoS body and sculpt, they probably could have pumped this figure out even sooner than they did. But like you said, despite the subtle changes in the suit, they fashioned an entirely new figure. I haven't looked, but I've heard that the BvS figure sports a silver body. You can tell the difference of the silver reflection on the two suits in the light. The BvS figure definitely has more of a discernible silver reflection to the suit.

Even for a collector like yourself who likes to mod, I don't really see a lot of necessary mods that really need to be done to this figure. The outlining around the S on the glyph I've seen people mod to where the outlining color isn't as prevalent, but that's something minor to me. Perhaps removing the added thigh enhancing pieces, but as I mentioned, while still a bit large, they don't look quite as bad/bulky in hand as pictures make them out to be. People will probably get custom capes as well, but they definitely made a lot of improvements with this one over the stock MoS cape. It's flat against his shoulders, it's not as large, and the pleats in it are a bit more "round" so to speak, as opposed to being flat, intricate folds like the MoS cape. It causes it to drape a bit nicer I think. It feels like it's a bit more lightweight than the MoS and Thor capes. A different material.

Yeah, this thing is perfect.
I think about 95% of my figures have some form of mod, some minor, some a lot. I usually mod when something is bugging me.
I don't see anything on this figure that needs to be modded.
Even the cape looks great.
Looks perfect to me.

Looking good, Silverstar. It's an excellent figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! He's definitely my favorite figure at the moment.

I tend to be a museum poser anyway, but for those that do like doing dynamic poses, he doesn't seem like a figure that I would advise doing it with. The articulation is there, more so in the arms than the legs though I'd say, but I'd keep him in a museum pose lest the suit creasing at joints.

I think about 95% of my figures have some form of mod, some minor, some a lot. I usually mod when something is bugging me.
Looks perfect to me.

I concur. HT done good on this figure I believe. Can't wait to get in the rest of the line.

Thanks for the review, AgentBatman....along with all of these great in-hand pics turning up
in here (talking to you, SilverStar :) )...I couldn't resist. Pulled the trigger.

I still really like the MOS version, but this one really does look like a step up.

Keep the pics and comments coming...

I'm so glad I got this guy. HT have improved over the MoS figure in every way (omg, that cape). Only problem, there seems to be a tiny spot of silver spray on the suit around his lower rib cage. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it without damaging?

Regardless, if you are hesitating on pulling the trigger, just do it! You won't regret it. HT always does a better job on characters they've already done, and MoS Supes was already one of my favorites. I'm also very pleased with the scale of BvS Supes. It's pretty much perfect (dare I use that word).

I'm so glad I got this guy. HT have improved over the MoS figure in every way (omg, that cape). Only problem, there seems to be a tiny spot of silver spray on the suit around his lower rib cage. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it without damaging?

Regardless, if you are hesitating on pulling the trigger, just do it! You won't regret it. HT always does a better job on characters they've already done, and MoS Supes was already one of my favorites. I'm also very pleased with the scale of BvS Supes. It's pretty much perfect (dare I use that word).

pics of problem area

Looks perfect to me.
Dang Remy u too lol? Maybe im just losing my mind over the black outline in the emblem but its irking the **** outta me. Id still say for me it 99% perfect figure tho

Almost every single one of my figures has a very small/minor blemish, that probably only I would be able to notice and go right to it. If the figure is otherwise perfect, the way I deal with it is I tell myself that's the mark or tiny imperfection that indicates that particular figure is mine. :lol

Anyone know who already have the figure in hand know what kinda material the cap is made of? I want to iron the cape once in hand.

For everyone that has recieved their superman is your cape like this? There seems to be some screwed up fabric on the corner and I can't hide it image.jpeg

Back