1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish we could get an extra pair of boots that were pointed down so flying poses. How its shown in the pictures a few pages back.

This thing looks fantastic to me. This is a definite buy for me, especially considering I don't have the MOS version. I wonder how much longer it will be before these start shipping out now.

If you ordered/order with Sideshow, about two months from now.

Does anyone think this will sell out fast?

Judging by the comments I've been reading, no. :lol It'll likely go on sale, eventually, at a number of different sites.

Well, since most people seem to hate this figure it's good news for those of is that want it. I might wait to order, could be a 20-30% off in the future.

I never wait for sale if I want something really. cz you never know,when the product will be sold out. this doesn't mean I'm rich, I don't but I prefer to pay full price and sleep.
SilverStar17
ur welcome. awful review but still better than nothing.

Wow this figure looks amazing! Why is so many bitching... neck is fine compared to some real pictures of him in the suit on set, height is more accurate this time, thighs are accurate too.

I'm going off this picture to point out that I think the figure is right. Even his head looks small compared to the rest of his proportions in the[/img]

Been saying the same thing too my friend.

It's just not that great a difference from mos superman. Add in the price tag being higher, the pea head and long neck syndrome/on whichever you prefer to describe it, it has one & the ridiculous nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said [emoji1360] It is a good buy only to those without the MoS version.

Lets put it this way, I wouldn't show Hot Toys a picture of Henry Cavill as Supes in which his neck looks awkwardly stiff and giraffe-like and say ''make his neck look like that''. Sure, you can find pics which happen to look like what Hot Toys have done but he wouldn't look like that most of the time. I would instead show them reference material of him looking more natural, his neck uncraned.

Last edited:
Lets put it this way, I wouldn't show Hot Toys a picture of Henry Cavill as Supes in which his neck looks awkwardly stiff and giraffe-like and say ''make his neck look like that''. Sure, you can find pics which happen to look like what Hot Toys have done but he wouldn't look like that most of the time. I would instead show them reference material of him looking more natural, his neck uncraned.

But HT did have the best reference possible and they did an amazing job!! His neck is long and stiff looking in real life. The last picture I put up showed this perfectly but then someone said that's not a good photo as he's looking up... lol how was he looking up if his chin was down and he was looking at the camera? People just can't get their heads round the fact that this is exactly how Henry looks in a natural pose. Trust me when I say this... HT had the very best possible HD refs of a full body scan of Henry in the suit and this sculpt and body form is a testament to the lengths they went to nail the likeness. Neck & Head are perfect match on this 1/6th scale figure and again for those of you that still can't see it I suggest you go searching for the rest of the real reference photos of Henry in the suit, they can be found on another forum and all are HD, here is just an example in low res... notice the length of his neck...

j6XlExJ.png

Holy crap! Did hot toys actually mimicked the actual technical makings of the real Suit?
For those who don't know, the real suit is a thin fabric which underneath has a silver muscle suit.

You can see this better in this picture, look at the abs.

Now look at these pics, I think it's the same, I think it's a clear mesh fabric, and the body underneath is silver.
Compare it to the mos figure, where the muscles are highlighted by the lighting, but the suit doesn't look transparent compared to the BvS which looks Transparant.
I think hot toys utilized the same suit as the sideshow man of steel premium format where the suit is transparent and there's a silver body underneath.
This is more evident on the last picture, compare the mos and BvS, particularly paying attention to the quads and abs section.
If this is true, this rocks!!!

Last edited:
Yeah that photo of him lifted in the air with his chin up with his body mass draw not the ground is not the best référence pic to prove your point.
The picture from the body scan is 10 times better.
Personally i never said that the neck was actually too long but felt too long for my taste from the picture i saw of the figure.
Nuances. He had the same neck with MOS but it was more hidden with the back of the hair and the fact that the suit was higher on the figure.
So far if some wants to sit the neck lower the mod Will be very easy to do.
But i suspect that in hands it Will bother less.

Holy crap! Did hot toys actually mimicked the actual technical makings of the real Suit?
For those who don't know, the real suit is a thin fabric which underneath has a silver muscle suit.

You can see this better in this picture, look at the abs.

Now look at these pics, I think it's the same, I think it's a clear mesh fabric, and the body underneath is silver.
Compare it to the mos figure, where the muscles are highlighted by the lighting, but the suit doesn't look transparent compared to the BvS which looks Transparant.
I think hot toys utilized the same suit as the sideshow man of steel premium format where the suit is transparent and there's a silver body underneath.
This is more evident on the last picture, compare the mos and BvS, particularly paying attention to the quads and abs section.
If this is true, this rocks!!!

Would be awesome but i think the sculpted muscle, shiny fabric give that awesome effects.
But awesome if they actually did that.

I already love this figure (thighs included) but still think the MOS headsculpt captured Cavill better, it's all in the eyes.

His chin shpuld be near his throat apple.
He indeed look a tiny Weeny girafe necked.
Very easy to fix, shorter neck peg or cut a bit of the inner head plug.

The body has actually the same proportions as MOS body.
He is not smaller at all, hes actually beefier.
But he has short feet pegs, so no need to use the stand just give him longer MOS feet pegs.
Look at the gap between the top of the boots and the knees, bigger gap in mos, longer pegs.
The MOS and BVS lines still are bigger than the regular hot toys.
Using the MOS head on this body showed that the proportions were the same.

I am not sure it is the same body proportions. The longer MOS pegs appeared to aid the ankle flexibility. This figures appears to have the same flexibility so I don't think it is shorter ankle pegs.

Back