1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah people have the right to nipick. And the rest of us have a right to think that person is ridiculous for trashing an otherwise amazing figure because of a couple minor issues. ;)

Yeah Knightmare can wait for cheaper, articulation sucks compared to the reg version. Not worth the srp

I'd say knightmare has the same articulation as the Reg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah people have the right to nipick. And the rest of us have a right to think that person is ridiculous for trashing an otherwise amazing figure because of a couple minor issues. ;)

Exactly, I'm sure even the movie suits aren't perfect those things break down during filming and studios create different variations of suits for different scene purposes... But when it comes down to it these figures are wonderful works of art. I don't get the nitpick on this figure at all. Hot toys even created a new body type to make it feel and look like a real body in 1/6 scale lol what more do people want. Yes, it's a lot of money but it's simple... you don't have to buy it.

I'm not sure nitpicking equals "trashing" a figure. Most people seem to think this figure is great and they're just pointing out a couple of minor things. For myself I think it's a great representation of the Affleck Batman--in fact, I think Hot Toys actually improved upon the suit as it was seen in the movie. They gave Batman a neck, for one thing. For another, the muscles seem to pop better on the Hot Toy than they did in the movie. And of course as always Hot Toys knocks likenesses out of the park and the Affleck faceplate looks just like him (well not the open mouth faceplate, but the others are great.)

My only concern is the cowling overlapping the symbol.
Other than that looks to be among my new favorite Batman Hot Toys. Currently my DX09 is my favorite.

My only concern is the cowling overlapping the symbol.
Other than that looks to be among my new favorite Batman Hot Toys. Currently my DX09 is my favorite.

I'm sure someone on here or on any other site will figure out a way to modify that to screen accuracy, that's the best part of the one sixth community :clap

Actually I just looked at Clipperking's video where he has Batman and BvS Superman together and they appear to be the same height, so, assuming Clipper didn't have Batman hunched over or something, congratulations Hot Toys for overruling Zack Snyder and making that excellent aesthetic decision.

Definitely. I was responding to the comment from Spartacus that he didn't understand WHY people were nitpicking. Which is that it is expensive and collector's are passionate.

As long as it doesn't get too negative or mean I think this, of all places, should be a place were people can feel like they can discuss the pros and cons of a collectors figure and not just the pros.

Interesting which mms are you speaking of?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

A DX 11 and an Armory Bats with accessories. Still stellar figures but I'm trying to stick to a one and done with collecting. Star Wars is the exception :wink1:

Exactly, I'm sure even the movie suits aren't perfect those things break down during filming and studios create different variations of suits for different scene purposes... But when it comes down to it these figures are wonderful works of art. I don't get the nitpick on this figure at all. Hot toys even created a new body type to make it feel and look like a real body in 1/6 scale lol what more do people want. Yes, it's a lot of money but it's simple... you don't have to buy it.

But it's not that simple because they want to buy it but are on the fence trying to weigh the pros and cons. Or others are disappointed. People who were excited and it didn't live up to the expectation and this was their only shot at a Batman figure any time soon. It's totally understandable.

It kinda is though... not life and death here. These figures may never be perfect to certain customers and I get the passion but isn't that more of a reason to get excited to modify the figure to your liking. I mean come on guys we are all in it for the hobby and just to admire the great craftsmanship that this company has to offer. In the case of the Stealth cap I can understand because we got something less than what was offered and I had to mod the crap out of it to be happy but I still really enjoyed the process and coming on these boards and youtube vids are what makes this so much fun. I just think HT did a great job here and there are way more positives than negatives (barely any IMO)

Can't wait to see Clipper's review. Those two do look really great together. This might decide finally for me to stick with this one over Knightmare.

It kinda is though... not life and death here. These figures may never be perfect to certain customers and I get the passion but isn't that more of a reason to get excited to modify the figure to your liking. I mean come on guys we are all in it for the hobby and just to admire the great craftsmanship that this company has to offer. In the case of the Stealth cap I can understand because we got something less than what was offered and I had to mod the crap out of it to be happy but I still really enjoyed the process and coming on these boards and youtube vids are what makes this so much fun. I just think HT did a great job here and there are way more positives than negatives (barely any IMO)

And that's totally great but it's not how everyone approaches it. I think it's great that so many people like the this figure. I think I will probably end up ordering it but we don't all think the same or approach this hobby the same way. That's another thing that's great about it!

Can't wait to see Clipper's review. Those two do look really great together. This might decide finally for me to stick with this one over Knightmare.

They do look great together. I'll have to wait until Justice League to get my Superman now though. Hopefully it won't be a mullet version.

Screenshot_20160817-112608.jpg

This turned out so well. I can't wait to get mine. I'm amazed at the engineering of the suit and surprised with hot toys and their willingness to innovate and ability to surprise. Didn't expect it.

Back