1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, guys, I need your help.:( Anyone here had the same issues as mine? I just decided to display him now after getting him 5 months before and he has seemed to have oil stains on his arms and stomach area. What can be done to absorb the oil? I don't want to pat those areas with cloth/cotton for now as I might push more oil and stain him even more. Help? :thud:

Greasy part on shoulder area. Others don't seem to have this shine.
20170529_104730.jpg
20170529_124609.jpg
20170529_105018.jpg

Attachments

• 20170529_104703.jpg
    20170529_104703.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 385
I spotted your thread on FB, I've asked a few people and I've spent the last 6 hours trawling the internet trying to find some nice clear pics. My figure has what appears to be a gold effect to some of the raised areas. It's easy to see on his back. TBH I'm of the same mind that it looks like a stain as it's not very consistent, I've noticed that some people don't have this on there's (unless their lighting has dampened it down). It's not really oily to the touch so I'm not convinced it's some kind of breakdown in the material, it could just be HT shoddy QC on the gold effect. If you look at his gloves, they've even put a fine line of gold on the seams. Chances are these figures are hand finished so I can understand why the effect may not be consistent, my figure has a gold splodge on his right butt cheek too! Hopefully more people will notice it now you've mentioned it.

@xb24, @Graham_UK:

The brownish undertone that pops depending on the lighting is PART OF THE PAINTJOB, and yes it's there even in the pictures where everyone says they can't see it. It's actually one of the things about the suit that HT pulled off well.

C4V9TVLUMAMNRvX.jpg

PlayArts KAI tried to pull it off but as some reviewers mentioned, it was so poorly done it's as if the figure was smeared with poop.

Square-Enix-Play-Arts-Kai-Batman-v-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice-Bat-Man-Action-Figure-Selected.jpg

Square-Enix-Play-Arts-Kai-Batman-v-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice-Bat-Man-Action-Figure-Selected.jpg

^ Thanks for that Heubert. I'm aware that there are brownish spots on the suit but not sure if it's intentional to have a shiny/greasy/glossy finish like on the first 2 pics I posted as from the different pics I've seen here don't have that gloss. This is the first time i've seen it in person.

This has been covered. It's paint app. Intentional. Suit is meant to be old and fatigued. The guy is gonna break a sweat here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the replies. In natural light it looks much better than even a daylight bulb. There is a slight greasy feel but again, I don't think it's the suit breaking down, it feels more like a release compound.

There's nothing wrong with your figure. That effect in the suit intentional, depending on the way the light reflects off of it. It's screen accurate.

Cheers for the replies. In natural light it looks much better than even a daylight bulb. There is a slight greasy feel but again, I don't think it's the suit breaking down, it feels more like a release compound.

May just be transfer from your fingers, use gloves!

So I just got my second version in just now, and comparing the two, some are definitely more pronounced, the new one has a lot more obvious gold on it, my first one is way more subtle to the point I didn't even notice it before and I thought, way back in the thread, someone else's was defective.

Interesting to see the differences between the same version, different finishes etc. nice to know they definitely all are hand painted.

Back