1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great poses on the last page, wish I could take some photos of mine as well, but have no camera, or any of them out of the box due to living arrangements. :(

I usually think most photos of Hot Toys make the figures look atrocious, like toys. The whole reason why Hot Toys are great is because of the materials, the sculpture and the articulation, scaled down versions of the characters. Therefore they needs to be posed like they're scaled down versions, they needs to bend and articulate like a real human body and then they look incredible - to do that you need to understand how the body relaxes or works in conjunction with other parts of the body. If you're brooding and angry, for example, you're slouched; your shoulders can't be straight, your hands would be at an angle etc. so much to think about.

Makes a Hot Toys figure go from looks good to , wow that's impressive, looks like you took them right out of a film still.

Do what you want with your figs; but i'm not going to lie... it pains me when i see really bad posing... it would make any collectible look cheap.

though i haven't noticed anything that made me cringe here.

Do what you want with your figs; but i'm not going to lie... it pains me when i see really bad posing... it would make any collectible look cheap.

I agree some poses aren't ideal but for them to "pain me"? Lmao. Come on....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I utterly loathe c-clamps myself.

I loathe stands all together. they just look tacky, I do like using the bases without a crotchgrabber etc. If you're figure can't stand on their own, you're posing them wrong. :lecture

Reposed my Bats, need to get some good pics of him.

:rock looks great, I might steal it. :D

Super eager to get this guy. He, Nightmare Bats, and Rey/BB8 are the only figures in my detolfs who will have dedicated cubes to themselves. 2 per rule with some exceptions otherwise.

Knightmare, Regular, Supes and armored bats all have their own detolf shelf for me too. :D

I usually think most photos of Hot Toys make the figures look atrocious, like toys. The whole reason why Hot Toys are great is because of the materials, the sculpture and the articulation, scaled down versions of the characters. Therefore they needs to be posed like they're scaled down versions, they needs to bend and articulate like a real human body and then they look incredible - to do that you need to understand how the body relaxes or works in conjunction with other parts of the body. If you're brooding and angry, for example, you're slouched; your shoulders can't be straight, your hands would be at an angle etc. so much to think about.

it gets easier the longer you've been doing it. :lecture

Agreed. Inevitably there are those who feel it's no one's business how they choose to pose or display their figures, which it isn't. Doesn't mean I can't cringe in silence though lol. Sometimes I can't help but think of Gamora's "who put the sticks up their butts?" line when looking at poses :lol

Reminds me of a line from Caddy Shack:

“Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh, it looks good on you though.” :wink1:

caddyshack10b.jpg

Great poses on the last page, wish I could take some photos of mine as well, but have no camera, or any of them out of the box due to living arrangements. :(

Makes a Hot Toys figure go from looks good to , wow that's impressive, looks like you took them right out of a film still.

Good points. Although sometimes, you are limited by where the joints are on the figure and how they bend. It's kind of hard to slouch the actual shoulders for instance, because they pretty much just pivot to put the arms forward or raise the arms to the side. Some figures also have limited torso articulation and pretty much just bend forward or backwards at the waist.

I loathe stands all together. they just look tacky, I do like using the bases without a crotchgrabber etc. If you're figure can't stand on their own, you're posing them wrong. :lecture

Or you live in earthquake country. :lol

I used to loathe stands.
Until the fracking in Texas got worse and an HT Ironman took a dive and one of the parts on his leg split open.

I love stands.

I have never experienced an earthquake or anything close to it. Are those little stands really enough to keep a figure standing? I assumed the detolf itself would be in serious danger let alone the figures.

I do prefer to free stand my figures where possible but a few have ankles so weak it's too risky. Some like Spidey and the Reeve Superman look too cool on flight stands not to use them.

remember when a fellow freak posted a instock at fpnyc link? i missed and have been glued to this thread ever since, i hate all of you and your great pictures! :rotfl

is gettin on the WL a waste of time? gonna do it but i should lower expectations big time now yeah this late?

remember when a fellow freak posted a instock at fpnyc link? i missed and have been glued to this thread ever since, i hate all of you and your great pictures! :rotfl

is gettin on the WL a waste of time? gonna do it but i should lower expectations big time now yeah this late?

I'd get on the WL..looks like for a lot of people they seem to be converting easily :wave

Is there anybody who got the BBTS 10 day (business days) shipping notice on the 27th still not had theirs ship yet? 10 business days from the 27h would be this Thursday. Hopefully these actually ship out by then for those of us that got that email.

Back