1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man.
Nope, no mods. That's a big surprise for me cause 95% of my figures have some sort of mods, some big, some very minor.

Before getting this, I was already anticipating cutting the cape, and then do the painting of the scratches on the chest bat emblem.
I was also thinking of adding bulk, from seeing a mod awhile back.

But I only do mods when something kinda bothers me, that I have to do the mod.
This figure looks perfect to me.
I honestly dont think I'll even bother painting the scratches on the emblem.
And once you have it in hand...he's freaking massive!!!
I think adding bulk will only make it look unnatural.

This figure is pretty much close to perfection!

Nice! HT nailed all of the other BvS figures thus far in my opinion. I can't stop staring at them in my display cabinet, so I expect Batman will be just as amazing in hand.

As you know, I'm not one for mods unless something just utterly bothers me to no end. Most things though, I can live with it. That says a lot about this figure though if someone who generally does mods feels it's perfect out of the box. I think you'd probably feel the same way with the rest of the BvS figures.

Btw, HT probably made the cape longer than most think it should have because when you place it on a stand, you need the extra few cm so all you see is the cape and nothing behind.

If you don't use a stand then yes I can understand the feeling of it being a bit too long.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

This is a good point. The stock BvS bases are raised a bit, so the few extra cm would just drape behind the base. I initially thought Supes's cape was a bit too long when I had him displayed on a generic blank oval base because it draped on the ground, but when I was finally able to display him on his stock BvS base, it looks perfectly fine because it merely drapes behind the base and doesn't touch the ground.

Damn I still don't have mine...buying from Malaysia. Ordered in Jan. Have most of you guys received your BvS Batman?

Great natural posing :clap

Thanks buddy. And thanks for the rep. :)

almost too great.....a batman from HT without major griping.....:lol

I know, that's pretty funny. Every batman figure I have before this have tons of mods. Specially the dx12.

Nice! HT nailed all of the other BvS figures thus far in my opinion. I can't stop staring at them in my display cabinet, so I expect Batman will be just as amazing in hand.

As you know, I'm not one for mods unless something just utterly bothers me to no end. Most things though, I can live with it. That says a lot about this figure though if someone who generally does mods feels it's perfect out of the box. I think you'd probably feel the same way with the rest of the BvS figures.

Yeah, I think you'll find this figure pretty much perfect.
he looks incredible straight out of the box.
I'm still torn on getting the Black Chrome armor batman.
I'm been trying hard trying to avoid having multiple figures of the same character.
I have 6 batman. lol...I'm failing miserably. :lol

:impatient: one more day. Hope it's worth all the hype

Oh yes he is...yes he is...:)

Thank you. :)

Man, you're gonna love it! I honestly cant help constantly staring at this sexy beast.
Hot Toys truly raised the bar on this figure.
I just received my HT CW Captain america a couple of weeks ago, and of course, the usual, very happy with it.
But with this figure...I'm completely blown away. My gf was laughing at me cause I had a grin from ear to ear. She said I look like a little kid. lol.

Oh, Just a little tip for futzing his cape.
I was initially gonna cut the bottom of the cape since the excessive length of the cape causes it to sit unnaturally at the shoulder.
But Instead of cutting, I pulled the cape down so it sits naturally on the shoulder...and tuck the excess cape at the bottom of the stand.
Now granted...I didnt use the stock stand, I used a generic one from ebay, but I think it should still work on the stock stand since the cape is pretty long.

From here, it looks like the long cape is just flowing behind the stand.
But the bottom of the cape is tucked under the stand.
By pulling the cape down and tucking the bottom under the stand, it keeps the cape flushed to this shoulder.

thanks for the tips bud! it's kind of amazing how right Hot Toys got this beast, i remember frankensteining meDX's. :lol

the cape will bug me regardless, i think i'm gonna have him posed up with the rifle for a bit as that looks is pretty awesome. hopefully Tony Mei does a run of capes for this guy. if he still does that?

Yeah, I think you'll find this figure pretty much perfect.
he looks incredible straight out of the box.
I'm still torn on getting the Black Chrome armor batman.
I'm been trying hard trying to avoid having multiple figures of the same character.
I have 6 batman. lol...I'm failing miserably. :lol

Do it. :lol

I can relate though. I have 9 Caps, (will be) 5 Iron Mans, (will be) 4 Black Widows, 4 Thors, (will be) 4 Luke Skywalkers, 2 Cavill Supermans and (will be) 3 Batflecks. Although I can't say that I've been trying to avoid having multiple characters. The figure looks cool, I hit PO. No wonder I'm running out of space. :lol

Can someone possibly measure the shoulder width of this Batman and Arkham Batman?

Just want to know if they're both as broad in the shoulders, or if one is more than the other.

thanks for the tips bud! it's kind of amazing how right Hot Toys got this beast, i remember frankensteining meDX's. :lol

the cape will bug me regardless, i think i'm gonna have him posed up with the rifle for a bit as that looks is pretty awesome. hopefully Tony Mei does a run of capes for this guy. if he still does that?

You're welcome.
Yeah, my dx12 has gazilllion mods. And its still not finished. Was happy with the Ben cowl until I saw the new custom cowl on the interest thread. So it looks like to this day, I'm still modding that damn thing. lol.
I felt the same way about the cape in the beginning from the pictures. But many people said that once you have it in hand, its a lot better than expected, and I concur with this.
Even Tony Mei said that the cape is fine and that he's not gonna make custom capes for this.

Do it. :lol

I can relate though. I have 9 Caps, (will be) 5 Iron Mans, (will be) 4 Black Widows, 4 Thors, (will be) 4 Luke Skywalkers, 2 Cavill Supermans and (will be) 3 Batflecks. Although I can't say that I've been trying to avoid having multiple characters. The figure looks cool, I hit PO. No wonder I'm running out of space. :lol

9 Captain America!!!
Good gosh, you have tons of multiples.
I did have at one point have 4 Cap, but now its down to 2.

I'm also running out of space. I have several figures that are boxed up and will need an evaluation if it will eventually make its way back to the detolf, or off to ebay.
I thought of getting another detolf, but that's usually a bad idea, cause I feel like I need to fill out all those lonely shelves. ha ha.
So I'm trying to keep my 1/6 collection to 3 detolfs.
I'm trying to do just one shelf for Batman v superman...to display just the trinity.
That's why I'm kinda torn on BC armor bats. He's gonna be a floater to my almost full detolfs.

Thanks, good sir! Looking forward to it.

3e156f5cb2d9b60f2b92388eca52cff6.jpg

f0595102b15203337b630d006f1acda7.jpg

7b1d5c1df90da7d0d19badcca23cb3c3.jpg

Hope this helps.

Exclusive gets processed tomorrow and hopefully arrives Tuesday or Wednesday the latest. Then waiting for black chrome bats! Haven't been this excited for a 1:6 figure in a while since started collecting 1:4 premium format figures

Isn't sad hot toys gives us an amazing figure for $239 and Sideshow has the stones to charge $249 for a block of plastic Han Solo in Carbonite? This is why SS should stick to 1:4 scale.

You're welcome.
Yeah, my dx12 has gazilllion mods. And its still not finished. Was happy with the Ben cowl until I saw the new custom cowl on the interest thread. So it looks like to this day, I'm still modding that damn thing. lol.
I felt the same way about the cape in the beginning from the pictures. But many people said that once you have it in hand, its a lot better than expected, and I concur with this.
Even Tony Mei said that the cape is fine and that he's not gonna make custom capes for this.

9 Captain America!!!
Good gosh, you have tons of multiples.
I did have at one point have 4 Cap, but now its down to 2.

I'm also running out of space. I have several figures that are boxed up and will need an evaluation if it will eventually make its way back to the detolf, or off to ebay.
I thought of getting another detolf, but that's usually a bad idea, cause I feel like I need to fill out all those lonely shelves. ha ha.
So I'm trying to keep my 1/6 collection to 3 detolfs.
I'm trying to do just one shelf for Batman v superman...to display just the trinity.
That's why I'm kinda torn on BC armor bats. He's gonna be a floater to my almost full detolfs.

Which custom cowl are you talking about? A tdk custom cowl or a Bvs custom cowl?

Thanks!

Isn't sad hot toys gives us an amazing figure for $239 and Sideshow has the stones to charge $249 for a block of plastic Han Solo in Carbonite? This is why SS should stick to 1:4 scale.

No kidding :lol

I laughed when I saw the description "sixth scale figure". That should be $150 shipped at the most, probably less.

I am in Florida and my wait list reservation converted 2 nights ago and Sideshow Support let me know that they expect it to ship next week...not sure if that helps.

Out of curiosity, which version were you wait-listed for? I have a first day pre-order for the 2 pack from Sideshow, and was told that my Batman wasn't shipping until the end of November...

Back